Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,641 reviews
Philips is the best company that I have worked with so far. My manager was really cool and supportive. Whenever I am stuck at any problem, he used to guide me. The team was the best to work with, a lot of flexibility
Love working here, it’s all I know at this point. It’s been a rollercoaster. I’ve worked with company for so many years that the customers think I am the company. So many things have changed in healthcare.
Pros
My customers are the best
Cons
Pay not increasing
No work/life balance..Lots of micro-management. Working from home during COVID, if you're away from the computer for over 5 minutes, managers and/or team leads start asking you "if you're ok" because you're on unapproved time away from the computer. We need approval to use the bathroom? Policies and expectations are really inconsistent. One minute we're expected to do things a certain way and then the next, that way is wrong. They expect you to pick up as much calls as possible, call-time with customers no longer than 5 minutes, work load and documentation of cases increases but they want us to do everything as quickly as possible. God forbid if you put yourself at away to catch up with your work, supervisors and team leads will question you. If you have a question or need a manager they are no where to be found but you get all the attention if you're not available/ away from the computer to pick up calls.Reduced everyone's break time and lunch hour. sometimes managers video call you while you're trying to take a break because they are not looking at your schedule, just focused on micro-managing
Pros
Good pay, work from home
Cons
Everything else
There is some room for advancement but you are ultimately at the mercy of "Business Need." Philips is stingy as a company. They underpay everyone, including engineers. Some managers are decent and some are incompetent. Management can make or break your job experience.
Pros
Free pizza on Saturday overtime.
Cons
Pay, management.
December 3, 2020
Hello, many thanks for sharing some of your insights here. We're sorry to hear you feel like our compensation is substandard and that the quality of management is too inconsistent. Upper management is active on this platform too, so you may consider your review duly noted. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors!
A typical day at work in the call center is extremely fast paced and high stress. There is little to no training as well. There is a lot of drama between employees here resulting in a toxic culture. The hardest part of the job is learning how to do it since there is minimal training. The reason for this is because management does not care to train. The most enjoyable part of the job are the catered lunches. If you are presented with a customer service job here through a staffing agency I highly recommend to proceed with caution. You will be treated as expendable. Your superior will actively bully you if you do not grovel at her feet. If you can get hired on through Philips directly in a different department, do it. Other than that, it's not the worst place you could work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
December 3, 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences working in our call center here. We regret hearing that you didn't have the best of times with us and that your job was stressful. This is definitely not the work experience we aim for as an employer and we will make sure that your feedback will reach the concerned department. Furthermore, upper management is active on this platform too, so your review won't go unnoticed. We wish you all the best and hope your next work challenge will be more rewarding.
Amazing team in Stamford with very collaborative environment at work. High quality products and well regarded by consumers. High performance culture.
Pros
Team, products
Cons
Often managing up to HQ in Amsterdam
November 27, 2020
Hello, many thanks for sharing some of your insights with us! We love to hear that you were in a cooperative team and that you appreciate our products. We wish you nothing but the best with your career.
Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Philips, I think it doesn’t matter if you show up to work everyday and do your job well,your job is not secure! Get on your bosses good side , ASAP!ManagementIn general, managers at Philips play favorites a lot and spend more time at their desk on the computer and in conference rooms than on the floor checking on their employees!
Manejan horario flexible, y bastante recreación para los trabajadores.
Just look at how many Philips Healthcare sales jobs are available vs GE and Siemens.There is your answer. Stressful and unsupportive culture. Lot's of bullying allowed.
Pros
Some Good people
Cons
Many not so good people managing people
November 3, 2020
Hi there, thank you for leaving your review here on Indeed, it's appreciated. We're sorry to hear that you've experienced working for our company in Andover this way. A good and supportive culture is of high important to us and we regret that you did not experience this. Your feedback will be duly noted; we're constantly striving for improvement, of course also as employer. We'd like to wish you all the best from here on out.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Philips?
Managers somewhat have clear guidance on strategy and execution. Colleagues are supportive. Do not have many opportunities to advance in career especially when you are entitled to one skill. Besides that everything is great.
October 29, 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for your review and kind words. It's great to hear that you are pleased with your work life balance and support from the team. Your feedback regarding opportunities is duly noted as well. As upper management is active on this platform, your review will be read by the right people. We wish you all the best with your career!
As an hourly employee, you're treated very poorly and paid very poorly. Management is awful and unless you're a part of the clique, you won't advance.
Pros
A free lunch card for your first day
Cons
Management, pay, Pto, fellow employees don't care enough
October 29, 2020
Hi there, it's a pity to hear you didn't have the best experience with us and that you felt like you weren't treated well. That's not the work experience we aim for, obviously. Since upper management is active on this platform, your review won't go unnoticed. Thanks so much for sharing your valuable insights with us and we wish you all the best with your career!
I worked for a agency in the warehouse for 2 and a half years .yes I wasn't employed by Philips as such but worked hard for the company with no rewards..I wanted to become permanent but every time I asked they said no..I missed out on 2 company bonuses as I was agency.They made sure you knew your place as an agency worker..when I left they didn't even thank for or ask me to stay..says it all..
Pros
Good pay on agency
Cons
No respect
Not only Philips brings to market purposeful products and services, aiming to and positively impacting people lives, the entire company culture is people-centric. You notice that by asking consumers and professionals about Philips products and services. You feel it by how the company management and your peers treat you. You are listened to. Your opinion matters. You get a freedom to develop your ideas and you get encouragement and support. You are a part of one Philips and you are Philips family. What you do, matters! It matters for the worlds and it matter for you.
Pros
People centric culture, meaningful products and services, people-centric products, open culture, Inclusive and supportive culture, freedom to work out your ideas
Cons
Company in a transition, the future is good
October 29, 2020
Thanks so much for your rave review! We're delighted to hear that you felt like the culture within Philips is people-centric and our work meaningful. That's exactly what we aim for. We wish you all the best with your career and future endeavors. :)
Poor leadership Rsm was a micro manager and unrealistic would call all hours of a night no work life balance and very unprofessional leadership and colleagues
Pros
Not many
Cons
Poor leadership
October 29, 2020
Hi there, thank you for sharing some valuable insights with us. It's sad to hear you didn't have the best experience working with us. Your feedback means a lot, and is read by upper management as well. So you may consider your review duly noted. Thank you again for taking the time to share this and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.
In my work here, I can say that I enjoy working with them. My work doing the first step of the product is really challenging lot’s of preparation before it started but I just focus on it and enjoy it. My co-workers (Taiwanese & Filipinos) are so helpful and friendly. Not only that, but sometimes after work or sometimes in weekends our Taiwanese friends invites us to go in their beautiful places and or playing bad menthon. I really had great experience and full of good memories with them.
Pros
Free lunch...
Pretty challenging but something to be for books as I shift from Corporate to commercial finance. The culture was competitive and collaborative. Whats really struck me when I think of Philips was care for others and had a good vision for healthcare digital transformation and can reach and accessible to all.
I was placed at Philips by a temp agency.Unfortunately after being there for almost 2 months, my shift (3) was dissolved. The contractors weren't included in any of the pertinent meetings that involved our jobs. We were treated like outsiders and we're not given a lot of notice to find another job. The backstabbing plumped 3rd shift lead was on a POWERTRIP and only nitpicked on certain employees (me) and not others for doing the same thing. I'm glad that I had another job lined up before being let go. I don't recommend for anyone apply to this site in Murrysville Pa.They have a high turnover rate and are very petty and unprofessional. The lead should be ashamed of herself. If she can put that same effort into harassing employees, she would be tiny.
Pros
good brand name
Cons
everything
On a production line you must know what you are doing. Do it to your best and make sure you work within manufacturers specifications and quality is met
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No extra hour's
October 8, 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! It's great to see you had a good time working with us, and hope you'll have a great time going forward in your career as well. Thanks again, and all the best.
For one of the biggest companies in the world, you would expect Philips to be run with enthusiasm, integrity and precision.From my experience being based at the Chichester office, none of this rings true. The environment is uninspiring, with a cliquey culture and un-dynamic colleagues. People were negative daily, with even managers unable to see positives and motivate their team.Pay was ok, nice benefit system - no good if you don't want to come to work though. Good when out and about at customers, yet management make this more stressful and confusing than it needs to be - just let people get on with it and trust you have someone capable to do the job (micro-managing R Us)
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Boring, uninspiring, office environment
October 8, 2020
Hello, and thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here. We’re sad to see that your time spent with us wasn’t quite how you expected it to be, and that you feel that leadership could’ve taken it a bit easier in letting you do your job. It’s good to see however that you felt properly compensated, so thanks for sharing that too. We hope you’ll have a great time ahead of you, and would like to wish you all the best in you future career.
A minha experiência foi muito positiva, a empresa proporcionava muitos treinamentos e cursos, a cultura é muito rica, tive muitas oportunidades de crescimento interno, até mesmo mudança do Rio de Janeiro (Sudeste) para trabalhar no Nordeste.
Pros
Boa relação da Empresa com todo o Mercado Varejista.
Cons
Nunca tive qualquer problema...
My manager kept the corporate nonsense away from us in the field so we could do our jobs. Quartly meetings as a group and video conferencing kept us abreast of new programs and ideas
Pros
Life family balance
Cons
Alot of travel, territory kept expanding
September 30, 2020
Hi there, thank you for sharing your enthusiasm on your former manager at Philips here on Indeed. We're glad to hear that you look back at your time with our company with such satisfaction. Your feedback has been noted. All the best in your future endeavors!
  1. Employee Reviews