Plains All American Pipeline

Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews

Event Recorders

They call it Event Recorders, we call them cameras. If you even touch your phone or any electronics while driving your fired. No if’s ands or buts. They give your phone number to everyone, other drivers and pumpers.

Shiftwork

Be prepared to work shiftwork if you take this job. Company offers really good pay and has a new office which is really nice. A lot of great people to work with.

IF all you want to do is work, NO sleep, NO time off then go!

The money is good. But they over work their employees with no time off. The turn over rate is high because we are over worked. It is normal to work a 18-20 hour day!

Decent co-workers, terrible managers.

Managers and supervisors were a complete wreck in my area. We were reminded on a daily basis that "everyone is replaceable". Do not talk about your pay, you will be punished for it.

Productive good work.. Work does slow down on summer but we maintain steady work.

Like that I manage my own schedule. prepare work in a good timely manner.I like how work is dispatched and you don't have anyone micro managing or asking when your going to get there. The pay is good. I wouldn't change it for nothing. I like being independent.

Yearly Work not much down time

Very organized and pay is good. Most staff are very professional. The safety program is very up to date. This company has all the perks a company has to offer.

Great company and people

Great work-life balance and supportive management. Management has a great open door policy. They provide all the tools necessary for you to feel comfortable in your job.

Pros

Great work atmosphere and excellent work-life balance

Cons

Lower than most in regards to pay

Poor management!

Manager is disrespectful to his team, calling people names and talking behind peoples back. The work load is not distributed very well. Pay and bonuses are terrible.

Pros

Cons

Camera facing you in truck, pay, work home life balance.

Starter Midstream Company

Plains is not a horrible place to work but it isn't the best. If you start as a pipeline operator or a pipeliner in south Texas, dont expect to get promoted or have any advancement opportunities. The management hold onto their jobs like they're holding onto their balls, and when a supervisor quits or retires, they just transfer more responsibility onto an existing supervisor instead of promoting someone else.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

No advancement opportunities

Only negative is pay which tends to be lower than industry. Overall though this is compensated for by the great environment and lack of stress. Overall a great place to work

Pros

Work Life Balance, people, culture.

Cons

Pay/Salary

Working for plains not they don't value you as person but a number

Upper management has gone down hill the leadership is just awful at one in time Plains was the place to work and took pride in their employees but now it's not the same. They so quickly to judge and point fingers and terminate people while others get a slap in the wrist. Upper management has their finger so far up their azzez they forget who keeps places going.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Pay sucks and unless you daddy or uncle works there

Very good pay

I enjoyed my time working out of the Williston ND job made the best money of my life there. Management was excellent so where the coworkers just had to move back to Oklahoma.

Great place

Great place to work. Leadership knows what they are doing and are about their business. Would definitely recommend if you are in the Permian basin area. Good opportunity to transfer our into a more desirable area.

Work with some smart/good people. Management and compensation leave much to be desired.

Young people make the work environment fun but management is completely detached fromDay to day task. Compensation is lacking compared to other similar companies in the industry.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Toxic management culture, pay

Great management and corporate leaders

Corporate leadership is involved and responsive to needs and changes. Working environment is relaxed, safe and enjoyable. Co-workers are fun and hard working.

Loved my job, coworkers, and benefits

Planned on retiring there but with the economy and current government officials, I was laid off! Would go back the second the called me back! Great group of guys to work with and for.

Good company prior to COVID

Prior to COVID, I looked forward to coming into work. Plains had a strong reputation of bringing on contractors after a set timeframe (based on the department you were in). Post COVID, with the illness rate of infection going up, and the company's profit lines going down (which is an industry wide problem), contractors were not being brought on permanently (understandable). And all the employees & contractors that left, Plains cared about our safety and allowed up to work 5 days a week from our homes. Unfortunately the combination of lack of budgeting of new projects & Democrats in the White House, more job cuts are taking place; again this is beyond Plain's or the industry's control.

Pros

Free breakfasts (pre COVID), allowed to work longer hours instead of using PTO (contractors only)

Cons

Covid

Learning Environment

Worked in Legal dept., given opportunity to work on various legal projects with varying complexity. Teachable environment. No micromanagement, boss wasn't a shoulder surfer.

Pros

Compensation, work/life balance

Cons

Legal counsel can be aggressive and rude

Decline

Great company and benefits - poor management. You have management with no manager skills. They talk to employees like they are not human. They don’t speak nor acknowledge anything good about your performance- only negative things. It is still set up as old school - they keep all your errors instead of notifying you what you have done to prevent the error in the first place.The older people refused to retire and the company won’t grow at all. The place/department/management is so toxic. The manager runs this place like it’s their company. The profanity that comes out of management’s mouth is unprofessional.Management does not speak at all to their employees.

Pros

Great benefits -half day Fridays

Cons

Poor management and leadership. They are very unprofessional.

Productive and Fun Work Environment

The organization structure was impressive and made work tasks and expectations easy to manage. Work environment was fantastic and enjoyable. Great company to work for!

Pros

Free Lunches, Half Day Fridays, Flexible Hours

Cons

Contract so compensation and benefits not as good as full time employees

Long hours great pay

Long hours great pay. Rules all over the place. Very reactionary when things happen. Poor mechanics and maintenance on their trucks and trailers and other equipment.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plains All American Pipeline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Plains All American Pipeline with