Power Plant Services logo
Power Plant Services

Power Plant Services Employee Reviews

A stain on my resume.

I have never said this before but this company will be a stain on your resume. This is hands down the worst, most volatile job I have ever had the displeasure of accepting.I died a little inside every day that I worked here.

Pros

Benefits. Excellent Healthcare. 401k

Cons

Low Pay, Un-Inspired "Leaders", constant unexpected firings

I would recommend working at PPS. The management team is very open to new ideas and is willing to recognize individual performance that leads to organizational growth.

Good if your Polish for Poland not American born

This company lacks the basic fundamentals of any successful company. First and most importantly this company lacks proper unbiased leadership. Secondly communication doesn’t exist within these company walls and I mean in the most simplest form. There is no documentation that simplifies pre-existing procedures used in machining parts. Information is valuable and not shared to none other then polish speaking immigrants. Overall this company has so many flaws that if they were somehow corrected minutely this company’s profit margin would show a lot of positive growth. But unfortunately the powers that be don’t believe in the “American Way”.

Pros

Tons of overtime and the fact of you’ll have to murder someone here to be fired

Cons

Tons of overtime and inside these walls your in a foreign company

If you're brining in high margin revenue - you're safe. Otherwise...beware!

High pressure, high stress meat grinder. It's all about the money. If you're bringing in good business (big dollar revenue with high margins) continually, then senior management is your friend. If not, you have a bullseye on you and will be constantly micromanaged and talked down to. There is absolutely no formal processes for any operations for the entire company. They are flying by the seat of their pants day to day. Every day is spent putting out fires and reacting to various screw ups throughout the company from quality issues to late shipments to poor customer service. This place is a house of cards and is barely keeping things together. Won't take much to bring it all crashing down some day sooner than later. If I were a customer, I'd be looking to take my business elsewhere. If I was dumb enough to sign up to working for this company, I'd be looking to move on before they just get rid of me anyway.

Pros

None come to mind at the moment

Cons

Too many to list. Seriously.

I was very happy working there .

All the time i worked there i got the proper training and support from my supervisors. All the time i worked there my fellow employeees also supported me. They were very helpfull in teaching me all the jobs there.

Polish Union

If your are not polish do not apply. The company is predominantly Polish and If you were not born in Poland they will run you out of PPS. They smoke inside the shop with no regard for others who don't.

Outstanding

The motivation and teamwork is outstanding. I found my coworkers and managers to be more of a family or brotherhood than just acquaintances. Given the opportunity to work for them again would be a privilege.

This is an immigrant shop that does not hire Americans

Stay away from this company. The owners son does not want to have anything to do with the company and it is falling apart. They do not Americans. The one that they did, me they mess over badly even though your work is great. Stay away from this company.

Nice work place

Friendly people, people like team work. sometime free lunches, especially on summer months.in busy season workers have willing to help each other in different departments.

stressful and cut throat

This was not a good place to work. No one knows what the other person is doing. No communication between managers. Complete lack of guidance. None of the departments work together

Cons

no communication

It was an interesting job

Everyday, it gives me more chances to learn something new and become smarter. Everyday, it gives me a chance to be more experienced at programming and learn more about the machine.

work

A typical work place with pros and cons. Monday through Friday job 9-5. Not micromanaged which is a good thing, nice co-workers make the day go by faster.

Fun place

Good CEO. Diversified Group. Good atmosphere. Helping peers.Highly recommend to seek opportunity to work. Always take responsibility to take more load. CEO will notice that.

Pros

Should be good technically.

Not bad Not that good

Benefits are ok. Slow working environment. Not a lot of growth opportunity management needs improvement. The good thing is that they are flexible and you get paid vacation.

Overall a good company

Overall an OK company...a good stepping stone maybe, for a lot of folks...! Lot of turnover; as people come and go all the time. No career path, just a paycheck you earn and experience you gain going through day to day responsibilities and tasks.

Pros

Ok company

Cons

Constantly changing dynamics

Great place to learn new skills.

It has been a great place to work. I have had the opportunity to learn new things while working there. Its to bad that the economy has forced layoffs.

Power Plant Services needs to make so many changes in orderto make it a good place to work in.

Power Plant is owned by man whose love of money knows no bounds. There is always so much tension among management because he doesn't know how to stop micro-managing his staff. Let me stress that he isn't a bad person, actually he is very polite and courteous when you are face to face speaking to him. His problem is that he doesn't know how to let go and allow his well compensated management staff to do their jobs. Nothing anyone does or sacrafices is good enough. Despite an increase in sales and more annual assets that allows him to take 3 vacations a year each for a 3 week period he will insist that not enough money was made and that the sales department has to work even harder. Let me stress that this department along with others are there working from 8:00am to 7:00pm daily. Sadly if you look at the history of this company you will see that the turnover rate in employees is outrageous. No one ever stays long enough because of the work conditions. There is definitely no work life balance in this place.

Pros

Many wonderful employees and casual dress allowed.

Cons

No work-life balance, expensive benefits for employees

Great Place to Work for the Highly Motivated

This is a great place to work if you are ambitions and want to generate value for the company and customers. The company is very willing to recognize a high level of performance - through salary increases, bonuses and promotions.

Pros

Good company if you are highly motivated

Cons

If you are looking to collect a check, opportunities will pass you by. Strategy needs more focus

Run, dont walk.

Every morning, before my commute to work, I would say a little prayer and ask what have I done so wrong to be hired by this company? Negligence abound; management...what management? Everything funnels to the CEO, red tape and "clicks" within management inhibit a proper business environemnt. Would neither recommend to work here nor would I return; would rather eat Ramen and live in a box.

Pros

You get a paycheck

Cons

Stress, suspicious working conditions, more stress.

Horrible Place To Work

I used to work for them last year and it was not your normal workplace. Nobody goes to their manager, they all go to the CEO. The CEO is very unorganized and that shows you how the company is being run. Beware! One manager is so arrogant and needless to say had to pay a fine to the FCC with his previous job that was NOT disclosed on his application and was further questioned with higher management and no action was taken. Does that give you an idea how management doesn't care?? Just take caution if you apply to this company. The employee turnover is absolutely amazing.

Pros

Cons

Horrible management, and very disfunctional

learning experience

I am mainly a welder FCAW, GMAW, SMAW, GTAW stainless and mild steel, pipe and plate but I help with fit up, metal prep, fork lift and overhead crane operation, packing/loading, and mechanical brake help as well.

Pros

learn a lot, good people

Cons

no benifits, little compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Plant Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7