Punjab & Sind Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank Employee Reviews

Good working culture and good carrier progress

There are a lot to learn about banking system, job rotation system is very good. each employee works at different positions with different assignments. Job promotions opportunities are very good. The workplace culture is very good and supportive.

Work experience

I joined Punjab sind bank as a Single Window operator , I was given the profile of Head cashier alongside. The sense of belonging in the staff members , motivated to generate maximum business for the branch . Organised camps at schools , colleges to tap the budding future .

Retail management

I need to perform duties like daily credit appraisal with customers handling and further which are assigned by the banks and seniors respectively

Learning Platform

This organisation has been outpaced with changing technology but on the flip side it has helped employees to be more customer friendly and to inculcate good soft skills.

nice experience

I learned Handling of Cash Book ,Pass Book entries,Solving customer queries, to check the Originality of cheques, opening of the Lockers, learnt about opening up of all types of Accounts and other banking activities.

Experience Excellent

I am satisfied after serving in Bank .It is excellent Bank. It has given everything in our life. It is govt of India undertaking . Every Retd is drawing pension

Well managed institution. Lack of professionalism.

Overall an organisation with vision. Concern for its employees. Take care of it's employees and accomodates to an extent. Carrier growth is excellent as on date.

Pros

Now ample opportunity for growth.

Cons

We were deprived of the same .

excellent

That's my main job in India and I did it for over 40 years so enjoyed a lot. Got my promotion and get opportunity to learn more in different environment through transfers.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long hours and stressful work

Great Place to Learn & Earn

Very fortunate to work here at Punjab & Sind Bank. Less working pressure compared to other banks. Career growth higher than others. Easy Transfer Policy.

It was good to work as an Asst manager

I learned new techniques to handle work under pressure. I met new customer and loved to give them good service. It gave me more broader opportunities to gain knowledge.

Pros

Great work environment

Secured Govt. bank job

a typical day at bank involve handling customers . opening new accounts. handling large transactions, bringing in new customers with new deposits . I learned how to handle different types of customers. The Management is not at all good and very laid back typical of any government organization. The hardest part of the job is to bring in new deposits and large accounts during the time of closing but even that turn out to very interesting and a learning experience.

Pros

Safety of a Government Job

Cons

Bad Management

Strict job culture

P & SB is a Government Bank.The bank was founded on the principle of social commitment to help the weaker section of the society in their economic endeavors to raise their standard of life. Decades have gone by, even today Punjab & Sind Bank stands committed to honor the social commitments of the founding fathers.

Pros

free Gas/Petrol upto 20 liters, free newspaper

Cons

old technology

Productive and outreaching experience

Got to learn a lot in this organization. Helped me build planning, organization and leadership skills. Helped me push my physical limits by travelling a lot and working late hours.

A satisfactory service of 36 years in a single institution.

I feel being a Branch Incharge in a PSU Bank was a real challenge and highly demanding job. One has to face three fronts on daily basis i.e. your customers, your staff and your immediate higher management. And to maintain balance between the three was very important and I am happy that I did my job to best of my ability and got regular promotions at regular intervals during my stay with the Bank. I joined as clerk and retired (VRS) as Senior Manager.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Utmost stress

Timely accomplishment of corporate goals was very satisfying.

I enjoyed cracking the hard nut. I enjoyed taking up challenges. The net positive outcome was my reward. I believe in taking along co-workers in the the pursuit for excellence as it is always a TEAM WORK, which bears the desired result. Nothing is impossible and where there is a will there is a way. Most enjoyable part is when you have achieved a DIFFICULT assignment.

friendly environment with more progressive opportunities

learned to handle the different kind of customers visited the bank.Handled whole work of bank when other co-workers were on election duties.management of Bank is supportive to employees and provide various growth opportunities.Team work among co-workers as they co-operate each other in every task.Sometime difficult to convince conservative customer for financial products. Do work with co-operation and perform recreational activities time to time

Got experience in banking sector.

Maintained cash book for the bank, handled lockers, created and maintained accounts according to KYC norms. Learnt about different products and different type of bank loans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Punjab & Sind Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Punjab & Sind Bank