Reliance Industries Ltd

Reliance Industries Ltd Employee Reviews for Process Engineer

Company is a good platform to start your career. You learn at ground level. Once you advance ahead your payload increases with experience. You are responsible for a lot of activities going around. Everything is done in a team.
Job here is very challenging and competitive. Work-life balance is amazing here. You learn a lot and exposure is immense. Overall a good company to start your career with.
Work life balance need to maintain. Need to understand what young engineers want Except all are good and best there you have great life ahead
Overall good company . Was able to gain new knowledges. Colleagues were supportive.. at times job will be challenging . Currently expansion of project is going on.
Good work culture, providing progressive environment to each and every individuals. Got a chance to work with CFIHOS team to built DataModel for Integrated Engineering Framework
I loved the work environment and my seniors. I was given ample amount of time to deeply understand the process and apply my knowledge for its improvement.Its the best place for you if you are someone who is open for new challenges.
Great Facilities for employees and interns. Free Food and stay. Proper Work-life balance. Hospital Facilities and care for an employee is very remarkable.
Fortune 500 company and world's largest grass root refinery complex. There are advanced technology where you can get good hands on experience in plant operations.
In my first job with RIL I have learnt immensely and was provided with opportunities only a very few companies in India would.As a chemical engineer I would probably say it is the best place to improve on your college education and venture into fields of your interest.
Pros
Exposure to the latest technologies in the field of oil and gas/refinery/petrochemical sector
Cons
not a healthy work life balance
Working in reliance is like working in very vibrant environment, and working to achieve strategic target. Reliance is very much result oriented company. Reliance gives ample opportunities to develop different set of skills which helps one to deliver results.
Pros
Skill development
Cons
work under enormous pressure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reliance Industries Ltd?
Always on your toes. Need to o-ordinate with different levels of hierarchy. Requires lot of people management skills. More of practical work rather than technical. Need to have more knowledge regarding piping, piping isometrics, different materials used for vessels and piping. Need to pick up quick regarding the entire plant layout and process. Rotational shifts are tiring but get to learn a lot during plant shut-downs and new projects.
Pros
Good pay with bonus
Cons
Rotational shifts with bad work life balance
Great learning experience in reliance High potential management and decision making. Brilliant Co workers High expectations and deliverables Motivating leadership
Good company to work Change is must here excellent work culture supportive seniors excellent collegues nice technologies excellent payers good learning
Pros
good Pay
Cons
lesser learning
You get to learn a lot but the work and life balance is not good. Management of employees could be better and the quality of work can be improved.
Learnt a lot by working at such a good company. Working culture is great. Hectic job schedule made us experts in what we are today.
Working as senior process engineer at reliance industries.......
Pros
secured jod
Cons
location change
Good company . Not much variety in work . Learning stagnates after a period of time.
A typical day at work: My work consists from plant operations and performance monitoring to troubleshooting and rectification. It also involves projects like debottlenecking of distillation column, mass balance across the whole plant to optimize raw material consumption etc. What I learned: Starting from the way of working with values like one team, ownership mindset and customer value, I learned the way of working with global standards. I familiarized with the detailed process operations for the production of Vinyl Chloride Monomer. I also learned the different key simulation software and techniques such as ASPEN plus and HTRI. Management: Management here is of global standards as expected from a fortune 500 firm. Highest importance is given to safety. Company is continuously putting efforts to upkeep with the latest technology in the world. Co-workers: I find people here very knowledgeable, cooperative and working in one team. Hardest part of the job: Hardest part of the job is to take care of all the safety requirements as the site consists of sensitive chemicals requiring extreme care. The most enjoyable part of the job: The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of ownership company provides.
Pros
Freedom with the way of working
Cons
Advancement opportunities are having barriers sometimes
The learning process was excellant, and each day was filled with challenging work. The peers were highly talented and showed understanding and sense of belonginess.The most enjoyable part was support from senior leaders and team spirit found during critical project phases.
Pros
Learning Resources, Talent Pool, Team Spirit, Owernership
Cons
Less time for social life
Reliance have provided me world class training and it really helped in the 4 year long journey. All my mentors were really supportive and encouraging.
had a good manufacturing environment and worked withe large production clients.