Reliance Industries Ltd

Reliance Industries Ltd Employee Reviews for Trainee Engineer

It more reliable & good experience in both technically & professionally as well as good working environment. Also inspiring to parform good role and also increase our career. I also advise to other people who increase growth in life. Thanks to all.
Working in reliance industries gives me a great exposure of working and here I'd learn about old technology to advanced one.i hade learn about various fire fighting system and equipment, deeply knowledge of fire vehicle and their design, during fire training activities
Pros
Great exposure to your domain
Cons
Over stressed due to less manpower
Don't join specially if you are getting hired for the bond team. They make false promises that you will get a chance to work on Blockchan, AI and other trending technologies. But it's all a lie. Specially the Jio BOND Team, they hire bright students from good colleges and spoil their career. And if try to leave the company they force you to pay an amount and leave and don't let you serve notice period.
The people at Reliance as well as the higher authorities are really good and extremely approachable. Work-life balance is nice. Overall a fun experience.
It's my pleasure to have a job in RIL- jamnagar,where provide step to go ahead in career. I Got golden opportunity in RIL- Jamnagar , where I got success key in future .
If you are in the manufacturing/ production side, all you will be doing is manual labour like opening and closing valves, climbing up monkey ladders, shouting at contract workers all throughout your shift. Even IIT and NIT graduates are recruited for this regular routine activities and i feel that working there is a shear wastage of potential.
No, much work for IT people. There is work in SAP department, for other departments people are just coming to office to punch. Worst HR, if we ask for a department switch, they will ask us to resign
Chance to handle world class Instrument and technology Improve your basic knowledge Seniors are very much helpful Weekly presentation at conference room
From day 1 they will push you to learn more about the field, expect you to understand pits in your understanding and will drive you to fill those pits.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Compensation
Got to witness the technical management of one of the biggest and best manufacturing company. Got to learn team management and decision making skills.
It has a very tough shift schedule to fulfill and the conditions in the field sometimes become challenging, however the benefits and salary are more than expected and excellent guidance is provided all the time.
Pros
Salary and Benefits, Excellent Training
Cons
Shift Schedule
Work life management is poor. Lots of learning. If you wish to persue career in oil and gas and are comfortable with shift jobs you can learn a lot here in RIL
Got to learn many things and how an industry operates. Initial training for three months was good and then you are slowly introduced into the real work in the plant
Pros
High priority to safety
Cons
Sometimes need to work on weekends as well
Reliance is one of the biggest companies in INDIA. It's always proud to work in reliance national headquarters. This place has a very good environment and advanced work culture . Reliance provide weekend holidays for it's staff to make them happy . You can learn more in reliance inspire of it's high work pressure .
Pros
Good environment, multicultural, place to learn
Cons
Long hours and high pressure (sometimes only)
As a part of my job, I worked on the Distributed Control System (DCS) panel wherein I monitored and controlled various parameters like pressure, temperature, flow, etc. The main target was to optimize the process by controlling parameters according to standard operating conditions and reducing the specific consumption of utilities and raw materials. The DCS panel was driven by Advance Process Control (APC) using ASPEN simulations.
most secure job manpower very strong management is totally good work place and atmosphere is natural and staff nature all good other facility is wonderful
Pros
free lunch
Cons
approximately good
I left the organization very early after joining. But till the time I spent there, I felt that it would not be a nice place if one is interested in acquiring technical knowledge. For the intermediate management/engineer level, the work comprises of fairly long shifts (can be absurd shift timing if Chemical engineer), but the work is not strenuous (or perhaps I did not spend enough time to judge well).
Pros
Free Lunch! : P
Cons
technical learning is limited to maintenance domain, initially atleast
It is a good place to learn technical stuff, the theory that you have learnt in college is applied here and technical aspects are tested and a good understanding of unit processes/operations is undermined along with development of managerial skills. The most enjoyable part of this job is curiosity , the more curious u r the more u will learn and the hardest part is shifts.
I got lot to learn from these working enviornment such as maintenance skills, troubleshooting , planning, work force handling and basically and very imortant thing is Safety.
I had exposure in handling process operations, developing process improvement techniques & implementing various systems in the organization. I have experience in handling plant operations including safe startup, shutdown, Monitoring and troubleshooting of given plants. It helped in my career growth as a fresher with handling equipment's, process monitoring in Oil and Gas sector. I was indulged in technical discussion with panel engineers.
Pros
Commissioning activities
Cons
Hierarchy
A typical day at work would start at 8:00 a.m. starting with the meeting with our industrial guide. We would discuss the plans and work for the whole day and start off with the reading of reports and design sheets. I learned various unit operations and processes in this petrochemical giant. It was a very enjoyable and learning experience with interactions with lots of co-workers of almost every engineering background. They were very educated and learned professionals and genius in their field of work. The management was co-operative and the plant was very well managed. The hardest part of the job was climbing on distillation columns and storage tanks as they were very huge and tall and it was little frightening. But, the overall experience was adventurous.Almost, every part of the job was extremely enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches, free shuttle bus service
Cons
No cons as such in this company.