Reserve Bank of Australia

Reserve Bank of Australia Employee Reviews with Jobs

Excellent employer

Excellent employer. Excellent management team. Excellent training and organisational behaviour. Highly educated team of professionals. Excellent team of economists and managers, who help develop Australia's future and improve people's well being.

Pros

Subsidised cafeteria. Excellent meals

Cons

Formerly great workplace, ruined by new management and HR department.

Incompetent and toxic management. Unethical HR department. Be warned, they will use underhanded tactics to weasel their way out of obligations towards employees (e.g. redundancy payments). Surprisingly poor conduct and lack of integrity, for an organisation of this calibre. Would not consider working here ever again, unfortunately. Benefits: The 2-year graduate program was quite good. Defined-benefit superannuation (unfortunately no longer available to any new employees). Employee-exclusive health fund has excellent coverage and generous claim limits. In-house cafeteria. Assortment of sporting and social clubs.

Poor work culture

Very poor work culture and politics in some areas. Some managers are very critical and negative all the time. It can be very stressful. Overall not worth it as you feel very de-motivated most of the time which affects you professionally and your image.

Cons

politics, poor management

Fantastic company

Reserve bank of Australia was by far a great experience. My first time working for a central bank and it was magnificent I worked for Head of Note Issue, we had such a wonderful working relationship. I will always be grateful for the experience.

one electric car

good but you must give perks and allowance such as a bunglow with swimming pool,tesla electric car,butler,a internet free service , a lady with bikini etc

Productive, family balance and flexible

RBA has important roles as the Central Bank of Australia and will continue to fullfill the economic and financial stability for Australia. Most staff member and leader are supportive for further education and work life balances.

Pros

Multicultural environment

Cons

Competitive

Good workplace

Pockets of organisation have very authoritative way of people management. Overall a very good place to work however learning curve can really move downwards after certain time spent.

Terribel Experience

I worked for more than 5yrs and had to leave, because I was on fixed term contract. Felt like I was on 5 yr probation :(. Don’t think its happens any where in Australia HR is hopeless. Lot of un-happy staff Lot of bureaucracy and egoistic snr mgmt The staff get promoted on "Whom you know and not on what you know". I have seen so many collegues getting promoted because you get along with mgmt, Lot of favoritism and group politics and HR keeps ignoring this I worked in different teams. Some of the teams or over resourced and some are under resourced.

Pros

Good Super

Cons

Lot

Relaxing environment

The management at the Bank is very relaxed and allows the environment to be so. They are also interested in seeing you grow and do their best to push you up in the organisation.

Nice people to work with

How to organize your time with the rest of the team from different areas of knowledge and translate that in effective pieces and work . Also respect the client timing and achieve the goals seted

Pros

free lunches

Cons

wasn't a long term contract

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reserve Bank of Australia?

Once in a lifetime oppurtunity.

An amazing oppurtunity to works alongside some of the most proffessional and efficient operators in the field. The team at 60 Collins street have been and are an inncredibly inspirational and esteemed group of people and i am proud that i could assit in divesting this iconic building built in 1965. The site couldnt be in better hands with its new owner dexus Property Group.

Productive good work enviroment

Verification of Foreign Exchange/Repo Trades, Margin Calls, Coupons, Bond Trades, client liaison by telephone and e-mail. Ensuring all trades are settled in a timely fashion. End of month reconciliation is agreed and signed off with Head Office, on occasions can be time consuming. I have enjoyed working at the RBA for the past 12 years, the people are friendly, and due to the rotation of the Australian staff every two years I get to meet new people.

Pros

Free soft drinks

Cons

work inconsistant

Fun workplace, friendly

I have learnt an enormous amount of IT during my term with Reserve Bank. I have rotated to different positions and had a good view of how each departments operates.

Excellent place to work, amazing co-workers (for the most part)

Worked very closely with office administrator and Australian expats; corporate setting with cafe feel- people were amazing to work with all around. Perfected some skills and learned new ones.

Pros

Benefits, Truly great co-workers

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Excellent

A great place to work. Central Bank. I worked at The Reserve Bank of Australia as a Senior analyst in Financial Risk, Middle Office most recently, and as a Senior foreign currency Dealer in the Dealing Room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reserve Bank of Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Reserve Bank of Australia