Restless Development

Restless Development Employee Reviews

My day as a Country Directior

It is a hard job to juggle between all directorates - strategic direction, finance, fund raising, programme and people, but with a strong team who believe in you it can be fun as well.

Pros

We are fun at work

Cons

Pressing deadlines can be bit stressful at times

Informative and challenging

Working at this company was a very great experience, you develop personally.You learn about different cultures.You get to communicate with different people

Pros

Free lunches and free stationery

Cons

Poor signal

Restless Development insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

It was a productive and fun work place it was challenging but enjoyable

We started our a day at 9am with an ice breaker then do our day session on that particular topic e.g a topic on GBV we do presentation on it building each others self confidence and our communication skills.I learned about different people's culture and views and also learned more about gender based violence at home and out there in the communityDiverse cultures.The hardest part of the job is to getting out of school youth in community to cooperate with us when delivering our sessions to them.The most enjoyable part was that of organising events getting young people to showcase their talents and knowledge.

Pros

Free lunches

educative

worked as a youth adviser and also acquired a certificate in youth development course. Also gained a lot of experience about self awareness, self esteem and how to overcome peer pressure

It's an organisation which helps support youth in terms of training them livelihood practical skills srhr.and also catters volunteers in uganda

There is good safe guarding in that every body in the team feels supported I all aspects like sickness,food,home placement. Trained good conduct and

Educative and fun

Almost everyday is exciting but challenging, you get to grow personally as much as you making impact on other people's lives. The Management there is mostly friendly and everyone there is given a chance to lead.

Pros

They provide the best possible training

Cons

Good

1. Feel happy at work 2. most people do not know their right when it's comes to election in the country 3.the youth don't attend on time, 4. I enjoyed sessions when the youth asked and answered questions

Pros

The organisation Give me transport allowance

Cons

The duration was very short

Public High Schools & public Clinic

Restless Development Youth Led Agency Is focusing and dealingwith youth and over ages.My job was to voice out about dangerous in our surroundings Sexual Rights/gender based violence HIV & AIDS SELF REPRODUCTION LIVELIHOOD

Pros

No lunch

Cons

6 hours/day

It is very collaborative place to work and all the co-workers are helpful.

It is very relaxed workplace where we can work according to our pace. There are deadlines but all co-workers work collaboratively so every deadlines would meet.

Community awareness raising events

During my days with Restless Developments, community awareness raising events exposed me greatly and was exciting. Meeting with stakeholders was so good.

Pros

Team meetings, lunch

Cons

Short break

Assistant Administrator

Deal with all administrative tasks of the renal care clinic. High level of patient interaction at the clinic. Make sure patients are satisfied with services provided

Pros

Self actualisation

Tasking but rewarding

My work required me to use and develop various skills, as the training we recieved was limited. The work involved a number of different things, from teaching children about proper sanitation, to teaching teenagers about reproduction and puberty, to building taps for locals to improve their sanitation. The experience was incredibly difficult due to not having a translator and transport being difficult to obtain. However, teaching children and talking to the locals was incredibly rewarding and the experience helped me develop my independence and responsibility.

Pros

Free travel and accomodation

Cons

Poor organisation, limited training

productive and engaging.

Its a place to learn and grow. Support is given and guidance. co-workers are friendly and team work is mostly emphasized.

outgoung and fun

i enjoyed working with young people. Solving societal problems through entreprenural action has always been my passion. work pressure was so much but could manage to meet deadlines

Best time of my life

Incredible, challenging but so worth it. I would recommend volunteering to anyone who may be interested. You get to experience a whole new culture and help to make an impact.

productive fun work place

A typical day was made out of community outreach , reach out to all the young people of the surrounding communities and carrying sessions on reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods. i learnt the ability to engage the community and how to be diverse with the young people of today, better understanding of the societies and the social pillars. Working with a team has always been a great strength for me which makes it easy to be part of a team or be leader of a team for nay projects we would engage in. Hardest part of the job was when we had to reach out to far communities and would have to walk long distances to reach the next rural community Overall working to develop and engage the young people's mindset was most enjoyable, understanding how they have different great perspectives on various things.

Pros

monthly allowance

friendly

Restless development is a Organization where providing the extra knowledge to the students through the school. they have a volunteers from the different background.it is a international organization.

Educative and inspiring environment

Atypical day was about moving from organisation to organisation to gather information , interview to get the relevant information. I learnt that for one to acomplish tasks, one must plan and get the best strategy on how easily and best accomplish the task. co workers were so corperative and helpful. The most enjoyable part was when you get the expected number you planned to.

Pros

Free lunches, transport allowances, health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restless Development. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Restless Development