Safari Kid

Safari Kid Employee Reviews

Overall a good experience

The management is very supportive. The head of school was awesome to work with. With the support of teachers, it was easy to handle parents and they were mostly in happy zone

Pros

Child education benefits

Cons

Less pay

Amazing and loving team!

Great facility and fun team to work with. They provided teacher's guide to teach and training was provided. Everyone was always friendly and welcoming! I really enjoyed working with everyone there and would recommend anyone who wants a steady position! They are very open and everyone helps each otehr!

Bad pay for way too much work

This was the first child care center I worked at so I didn’t know how bad it was until I left. The class size and ratios are bad. The facility is dirt and was infested with cockroaches. We never had supplies for activities or even simple things like paper towels. The curriculum is way too academic and lack richness. Good luck not getting burnt out.

Cons

Class size way too big, dirty, no supplies

Organize, well supported and like working with a team

After the recent renovations in the centre it has developed a clean, nice and bright environment. The management is always to open to parent feedback and parents are communicative with colleagues to find the best way to benefit the students. As a Chinese teacher I really appreciate the trust and relationship that me and my colleagues have been able to build with the parents and enjoy being a part of Safari Kid Team.

Director was very unprofessional.

School could have very good potentials but the director doesn’t even have training herself on any standard requirement. Very unprofessional, rude and disrespectful in treating staff, parents, kids, not only myself. Always claims to be the owner but never had real concern for the center. The real owners should hire qualified manager.

Pros

If she personally benefits from you, you are okay.

Cons

Very unprofessional

Very unorganized and dirty

This is a supposed to be a childcare with added program that they charge for but do not offer in reality. The food is terrible quality and not nutritional nor balanced. The classes are dirty and not properly outfitted, toy are broken, educators get no support, the supervisor didn’t know what to do in a SO even. Big marketing budget but that’s it once they catch you. Lots of empty promises from the owners

Avoid

Avoid newmarket location. Low pay to RECEs, no sick days, no benefits.Have to do more cleaning than doing what you're supposed to do. Favorites to women with kids and certain ethnicities. Pain in the a**, especially the little "operator" girl. Environment is stressful and they push you to make the kids "perfect". You will be overworked and overwhelemed Parents demanding and unreasonable.

Good for a startup

Average work culture.Hectic days always. one goes in the class and remains there till evening with not much support or help. Spoilt kids come in after school day care.

Learning environment for young kids

1. morning circle 2. story telling and art projects 3. providing attention to individuals 4. individual and small group lessons 5. teaching social and developmental activities

Terrible place to work!

My fellow ECE do not work for safari kid Canada ! I worked here it was a horrible experience! The director cuts corners in any way she can th make money. Pays very lows wages to her staff. Staff schedule change on a daily. Myself and my assistant teacher always worked over ratio. She made us give very little food to children and would lie to parents about catering food ! But make it downstairs in a microwave wave. Staff turn over is so high here . If you like a place where owner under appreciates you , talks down to you and uses you then apply !

No benefits

Management needs to add a few benefits to retain the staff.Can maintain a better way of communication with directors , to be on the same page with management. Should pay attention to quality than quantity.

Pros

Discounted child care

Cons

No benefits

fun workplace with children

I learned how to cooperate with my co-worker. Also, becoming more patient with children. The most enjoyable part of job is during morning circle time and children came up with creative ideas.

great job

good atmosphere, just time for change and for me to find my career path. this was more of a hobby of helping kids and to help and give back to society

Campus with a lot of potential.

The day began with thirty minutes of workbook time in which the students were required to work quietly for the allotted time without speaking. This was followed by thirty mins of recess. After Recess students had a morning snack, then an hour of extended curriculum, art projects, "tembo" or story time. Then they had lunch for about 30-40 mins. Nap time followed and after nap time skills were reinforced as parents began to arrive for pick up. Decent staff, decent management for being a novice location. The most difficult part was dealing with demotion of a child due to behavior and communicating that with the parent in an effective way.

Pros

Close location. Challenging workload, pleasant students.

Cons

No benefits.

Productive and fun workplace

Very fun workplace, the staff are amazing, and the kids are super fun. It makes teaching extremely fun. The hours go by quickly because you're having so much fun with the kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safari Kid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8