Savanna Energy

Savanna Energy Employee Reviews

Rig Manager

Rig manager overseeing drilling operations in the DJ. Savanna is a good operation. Management is good, most employees are not very good. Support staff is very good

Productive workplace

Horrible company to work for, no care about fate of employees. Find anyway to let people go with out notice. Extremley bad culture right from the top of the operations

good company

too many changes, the employees are so panic. Lack of growth for many positions. And I don't understand why such a small company has so much politics and they only keep friends & families and push away good people.

Best job I ever had

Very good company to work for great schedule for those who can handle it builds great character in a person very active work always learning and always growing in work ethic

Work like balance

A fair but difficult life style choice if you miss home. Hard work but very good pay. you will work 12hr shifts 14days straight, with alot of manual handling. need to be fit and healthy. for this you are well looked after and paid very well

Until Management gets replaced its Terrible

I am in the field we are the ones bringing home the money for Savanna and total energy and risking our lives on a daily basis. The management for Savanna needs to be changed as well as Total Energy. If your not in the click with supply chain management or higher authority and field sups your opinion and concerns do not get heard. We have to listen where or who I can purchase my goods for my needs and safety of my guys on the rigs from guys in head office who only care about the next free lunch or hockey tickets while we bust our humps out here and don't see our families. A complete management make over needed. Lots of dead weight and over head.

Pros

Going Home

stressfull

The job was stressful, the safe on the rig wasn't good. the rig was not clean. I was forced to do thing that were unsafe, and out of my job requirements

Pros

good pay

Cons

unsafe

gained alot of knowledge and experience

They fed my family for a lot of years, time to move on. It was surprising to see just how fast a company or a supervisor can turn on u when it suits their best interest.

Pros

lots of work

Cons

drama/politics

Great place to work for

I loved my job Savanna was a great place to work for I would love to go back they did everything they could to keep me working as long as possible again great company to work for

Professionaly run drilling rigs

For a drilling rig company, they are professionally run and have a bit of the modern safety culture. People that I met here were pretty respectful and professional in what they did, compared to stories I have heard from other more "cowboy" drilling companies.

Challenging

Great for getting alot of money, the job will push you to see what you are made of, great people, single mans job, alot of hours but that comes with alot of money.

Pros

The money

Cons

You will pretty much be single the whole time unless you're lucky

Actually a fun and challenging work environment

Not pertinent to the applied for position of 3 weeks temporary work, and I completely fail to understand its requirement here. This is simply an interim short term position with no apparent chance of advancement or permanence.

Pros

Constantly challenging / always in a different place with varied parameters

Cons

Long hours / with little time off

Safety conscious company.

Really enjoyed working as a tight unit. Enjoyed passing on my knowledge to my juniors and helping them develop. I learnt how to manage a team, how to stay focused during long hours at work.

Busy and non-stop working environment with constant attention to detail and a very positive, productive attitude across the board.

Starting out your day with a 15 to 20 minute safety meeting just prior to the start of your time on tower typically puts everybody on the same page and gives a good understanding of the events scheduled for the day. Any employee that considers the job a good fit and does well on his rig will learn first and foremost how to efficiently multitask at a rather quick and nonstop pace for 12 hours a day. The higherarchy of rig life consists of a rig manager, a driller, a derrick hand, motor hand, and normally two floor hands. The chain of command and responsibility falls in that order, with each individual reporting to and taking orders from any of the individuals above him, The most challenging part of being a 'roughneck' would generally be considered the 12 hour shifts and non stop work no matter the weather conditions. Wet or dry, hot or cold the rig is going to be drilling holes or performing a part of that process. One key thing that any rig personnel will tell you is that whether you like your crew members or not, the job, conditions, and comradery of the rig crew working together constantly in occasionally intense situations builds a very strong and resilient bond. All men work together to do their particular jobs, and all men work with each other to help the others perform their jobs as needed.

Pros

good pay, good benefits, rough around the edges environment

Cons

rough around the edges environment, horrible weather on occasion, long work hours, 28 days straight.

Good company with great benifits

Good place to work with the right people in place. A strong job but is dependent on the economy. wish there was work. the hardest part of the job is being away from ones family.

Pros

good hours

Cons

seasonal

Good People to work with

Overall pretty good place to work, been slow in oil and gas. They have been doing everything in there power to keep employees working during the tough times.

Pros

Free coveralls

Cons

Cut backs on trucks, wages

great team, best manager ever

I worked there twice actually, the people are what brought me back and if it wasn't for the downturn in the industry, I'd still be there

good place to work

management was great, coworkers great, great atmosphere, worklife balance was good. nothing to complain about here, field personel were awesome

I would like to go back to work for savanna if the position comes available. hurry up oil and gas prices. fFfio;DFKLdkldfjkldsfio

Pros

a family type environment

Cons

living accommodations

good over all

28 and 28 schedule. everyone became a family. simply put. we ate together and had fun together. made work easy because i watched their back and they watch my back. missing it.

Pros

family

Cons

got laid off

Fun job, sense of family among crews

Great company to work for if you're willing to meet the demands of the job. Very competitive and fun. Can be trying at times, but coworkers and management work well together to get through toughest situations

Pros

coworkers/management

Cons

Physically demanding, distance from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savanna Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Savanna Energy