Sequential logo
Sequential

Sequential Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment, competitive, generous salary and commission.

I loved my time at Sequential. Helped many clients with high pressure deadlines and made many lasting friendship with those clients. Meeting deadline demands for the legal industry is challenging and invigorating.

It all changed when company was bought out by Crimson

This used to be a great company to work for. Until the company was bought out by crimson. Dosnt feel like a career any more. Just a job to get by now.

Pros

Dispatch is good to work with

Cons

Gonna have to quit this job soon

I like it but it’s not for me

I love the job itself and the people I worked with but with how hard I was working and the effort I was putting in didn’t match the pay so I decided I need to leave

Lame sauce place to be

Management rules by fear. Such a small company it doesnt have things all together yet. They hired many brilliant minds who dont socialize very well and then some very nice people, but management sucks and they have many growing pains ahead. Inconsistent hr policies and mixed messages coupled with really bad on boarding.

Great company

This company has such a great attitude on work and family balance. The management was always there to answer any questions. The only con really was the office space.

Pros

Great Management

Cons

Too many employees for the office space

Very productive and challenging environment

If you like a fast phased work environment with lots of challenges then I would highly recommend working for this company. Goals needs to be reached on your 12 hour work day. I learned a lot working for this company, physics and chemistry, math, entering spread sheets, general maintenance and a lot more. If you are like me and you want to learn or do more for this company you have every chance to do so either as a sales rep, driver or operator/processor. The hardest part as a processor/operator is the 3 days 12 hour shifts on the floor none stop. You will have to be ahead of the game and follow your timelines. Management is there to help with questions you may have and guiding you in the right way.

Pros

Benefits, Pto, management, friendship

Cons

Short breaks, tiredness

Lots of overtime, fun team

I enjoyed working there, not a job for you if you dont enjoy overtime. You basically on your own, you get a list of resturants to go to and you arrive and collect their oil.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Lonely at times

Great growing company with a non-evil mission

I've been with SeQuential for 2 years, and it's been a great pleasure to watch it grow. We collect used cooking oil across 5 states and "brew" it into low-carbon (85% lower than petroleum), high-quality biodiesel in Salem. Trying to decelerate humankind's unending quest to destroy itself and the one bubble of air and rock we presently live on seems like noble effort to me. More specifically on the work environment though, the culture is kind, casual, and fun. My managers have always been understanding and helpful. When I've needed to take time off, I've never felt pressured. The CEO/co-founder is extremely friendly and down-to-earth. I'm very proud and happy to be part of a locally grown company that is oriented towards far more than maximizing the pocket money of a board of landed gentry.

Pros

Growing company! Competitive time off, benefits. Free coffee. Great work environment. Great mission.

Cons

The coffee creamer is non-dairy.

SeQuential Is A Positive & Pleasant Place To Work

In my experience, SeQuential provides and sustains a very friendly family style environment in which to spend my professional hours. EVERYONE, from senior management down has our clients as well as our employees best interests at heart. It's not just an appearance- there is genuine intent on serving both as well as possible. Pets are welcome, benefits are standard, and there isn't a single person I couldn't have a genuine conversation with.

Pros

A fantastic, and free, digital coffee/mocha/latte/etc maker, a genuine well-intended interest in employee growth and contentment, and an open-door communication style

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. That's most likely a very good sign!

A Strong Culture of Inclusion and Sometimes Confusion

For the most part I look back on my time at SeQuential with fond memories. I made great friends and I learned a ton about myself and the kind of manager I wanted to be. I came into SQ when it was transitioning from a small Regional company in the Pacific Northwest to a medium size company hellbent on expansion. I was able to help out with several acquisitions and lead the charge of expansion in CA. I hope I left a positive mark on the team. My frustrations with SQ were concentrated on a lack of strategic focus. I never felt like the senior leadership had the patience to let programs and its initiatives maturate before wanting to change things. This was very disruptive to my leadership style because I like to build processes that have permanence and that just wasn't an option. That said, it was a wonderfully inclusive place to work, especially if you share the NW "Portland" value system. I met wonderful, interesting people who impressed me often. I am appreciative of my time there as it helped me to focus my career goals and renewed my passion for sustainability in business.

Fast Growing, Mission Oriented Company

SeQuential is a great company with passionate leaders and an exciting mission. Managers care about their employees as people, not just for the work they do. Pay is a bit below what my role could get in a different industry, but it comes with extremely flexible hours and an excellent benefits package. That's a trade off I'm willing to make. SeQuential has grown extremely quickly over the past few years. Working for this company is very much akin to working for a start up in that we are often learning as we go. Team members who thrive here are self-starters who are comfortable with continuous process evaluation and problem solving. If you are someone who needs clearly defined processes with minimal change, this may not be the place for you. But if you want to help shape roles and processes for a leading company in a burgeoning industry, this is a great place to do that.

Pros

Good people, great benefits, flexible hours, casual environment, mission driven work

Cons

Fast pace, loose structure

Watched this Amazing Company Grow From Obscurity to Powerhouse

This company has grown exponentially over the last 7 years. The culture has changed under that growth many times but the core sentiment is care for people over the job. I've never worked in such a human centric environment. There have been growing pains, but that comes with progress. Our fleet is all new. Our teams are collaborative and willing to help each other at all times. I've been here for 7 years and would not wish to leave SeQuential behind me without great reluctance.

Pros

We actually act on behalf of the planet

Cons

Some grumpy folks that need special attention

good company

every area of this company is always growing and looking for new technology advancement. once your a driver /technician theres not much more than that.

Pros

pay

Cons

no growth in postion

Don’t know what’s going on

Our CFO works part time, our COO works part time, our COO lives in Bend and comes in every couple of weeks for and day or 2, our HR Director works part time, our Director of Transportation quit, our dispatch manager quit, it’s a mess. 8 bosses in less than 2 years and the best one ever was just driven away

Pros

No bosses around most of the time

Cons

Long hours metrics screwed up

Expensive family benefits for drivers. $500 per paycheck

My manager in Portland is great and does a lot to keep us happy. There is a lot of confusion lately. Super expensive health insurance compared to other driver companies 500 dolls every check I cannot afford but the basic pay is ok but some shops now are paying 30 bucks an hour across the street. You get dirty and smelly every day pumping out grease traps that smell like sewage and moldy restaurant grease. your car smells like it and it’s tuff to get the smell off your body.

Pros

Lower Level Bosses

Cons

Too many confusions. Disgusting sewage smells, 500 dollar per pay check for healthcare i

Poor management

This company has vehicle’s that are unsafe to drive and management refuses to fix them. Management continues to push their employees to drive unsafe trucks if an employee’s refuses to use that truck for their route, they will just end up finding someone else to do your route for the day and just send you home.

Pros

You don’t have a fixed route, you end up going to different places in the greater Seattle area

Cons

Poor management, unsafe trucks

No long term growth

The management is now in place to steady the company and lead it well. However, there is virtually no room for advancement and growth as an employee and this is troubling. Almost all of the growth is adding entry-level or management positions and little opportunity for professional development. There is also not a culture for rewarding great work and it feels like good deeds go unnoticed.

Overall a good place to work

Sequential overall is a good place to work I was happy there to begin with however a change in management came about bumps in the road started to appear between drivers and New Management usual things that occur when New Management comes in and everything we knew changed in system operations and with that came the micro-managing I would imagine it's settled down by now and if that is the case I would recommend working for them

Exciting company growth

SeQuential is a great company to work for. They offer very fair compensation and huge emphasis on work life balance. Family atmosphere even though the company continues to grow.

Love coming to work

When you love coming to work, there can't be too much to complain about. I have worked here for a few years so far and only have positives. This is about the time I start to feel antsy and think about where to go next, but I could definitely see myself as a lifer for SeQuential. I love the opportunity I am given, and I love what we do and who we are. We care about our employees, we care about our environment and community. I love our values. We have an amazing benefits package as well which I feel people forget about sometimes. The only down fall is we have grown fast and sometimes I know experience growing pains. With that said though, I think everyone for the most part has been graceful and adaptable with the changes and I feel like that says a lot about who we are as people and a company.

Pros

benefits, co-workers, growth

Good company

have enjoyed my time thus far. Every employee is different but the team is a good balance. I do not dread work for the first time in awhile and truly enjoy that I am given my task for the day and left to complete them for the most part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sequential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sequential