SFO Technologies

SFO Technologies Employee Reviews

Quality issue in products some time is typical still has to learn in that company management is good it was good culturur hardest part when mould was damaged and most enjoyable part is when we do any functios in that we play games
Pros
30 % for lunch
Cons
First aid
Good working atmosphere, supporting co- workers,good management, extra cariculam activities, limited area of experience payment for over time
Pros
payment for over time
Cons
limited area of experience
I have 3 years of experience in hardware embedded field which involves 1 year as trainee and 2 years of involvement in real time projects. My work includes capturing the requirement , designing the digital logic circuits, risk assessment, designning of PCB's using CAD tools, manufacturing PCB, board assembly, and board bring up. I also have knowledge in embedded C and have hands on experience in Freescale, TI, Microchip and Atmel microcontrollers. I worked in groups of 5 to 10 members. Hardest part of the project was bug fixing within short deaddlines provided. Most enjoyable part of the work was the learning process and practical exposure.
Coordinates all Man power requirement at corporate level for 4 different manufacturing units. Skill planning and assessment for different Vacant Positions. Meetings with Department Heads to understand training requirements for team and also gaps that needs to be filled in terms of recruitment and training. Coordinating recruitment and training for a company with more than 3500 employees across 4 different locations was difficult. Interacting with different heads about different products manufactured and key skills to be developed for each product development helped in better knowledge about process, quality and products. Employee Engagement activities promoted team work and better visibility to all employees amongst other teams across locations.
Pros
Good Work Culture
Cons
Better employee recognition and salary package
Achievement Merit of managing various clients such as Arrow Electronics, Avnet Electronics, Tyco Electronics, etc. Distinction of winning the E-bid for certain Project like Danaher, Novatium and Ge through negotiations. Essayed a chief role in achieving price reduction for several project such as Novatium PC, GE - Ultra Sound Projects like UNO, LA 100, Bio Science, Logic P3.
300 million dollar company with more than 4000 employees • Currently associated with SFO Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Cochin as Engineer-Procurement (Supply Chain Management) • Expert at handling procurement improvement activities comprising of global sourcing, spend analysis, formal supplier relationship management, category management, supplier development & KPI program, strategic outsourcing and lean process development • Hands-on experience in overseeing overall functions of materials management entailing customs clearances, inventory control, stock maintenance, imports, procurement and negotiation with vendors • Skilled in purchase management activities involving planning, techno-commercial negotiations and procurement of raw materials from vendors / suppliers • An effective communicator with excellent negotiation, interpersonal, leadership, planning, problem solving and analytical skills CORE COMPETENCIES • Managing planning of supply chain for all input components / material from vendors for achievement of targets within specified parameters & meet organizational objectives • Sustaining existing network, managing supply chain and ensuring timely delivery of the materials • Formulating and implementing the procurement strategy for the purchase of goods • Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluation purchasing activities of an establishment • Developing purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget • Identifying vendors of materials, equipment or supplies while evaluating cost and quality of goods or services  - more...
Result oriented professional, seeking assignments in Program Management/Operations Management / Planning & Control with an organization of repute
This job is very enjoyable and good experience for me.We can understand our work and study well.
Pros
free tea
Cons
No work life balance Opportunities to work with fortune 500 companies 6 Day/week
The company has good work culture at Ernakulam. a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
6 months in QA and 12 months in production. I am able to do all types of pcb assembly in throw-hole and smd.
this compony daily cheking plant room and office room ac and electrical
Pros
no free lunch in our compony food including the salary
Cons
there no overtime
I got an experience in EMS Company activities like production, Planning,SCM, Etc.
Learned professional working culture. Good management. Expert colleagues.
Pros
Freedom to implement innovative ideas to improve the work environment
Cons
Lower salary
Good work culture. No personal harassment. Participation in every departments. Free to deliver opinions.
Pros
No personal harrazment
Cons
salary increment is not based on the performance
I could learn the ISO 13485 QMS, ISO9001 QMS & CMMI Level 3 process.We have different type of products from multiple domain. Like medical, Industrial, Fibre Optics, Communication, & power supply. Hence I got vast knowledge about the product compliance & testing of multiple domain products. My co workers are very friendly & the working atmosphere is very good. I am enjoying my role as a quality assurance , like process consultancy to projects, Compliance regulatory requirement study of different type of products.
Learned to manage a group of people and co ordinating a variety of works. Learned to motivate a group of people to achieve the goal Management is co operative They arereally helpful Handle veriety of products in a single production line Planning of a big order
i learned more things, how to face a problem, to do work in time, co workers are good and helpful.
the company is good. I had got more experiance from there. There is the production of optical fibre cables and co working staffs were very supportive
Pros
free food
Costing executive @ SFO was a good job , which provide me the most opportunity to know the cost management in the practical scenario. My most work was concentrated in, Pricing, expense analysis, inventory management, MIS reporting
A 24 hours working electronic production company,co-ordinate with other companies that wipro,hp....3 shiftes per day..its rotated in weekly. I have learned the SMD operation of production,and working of that products,guality inspection etc. Efficient management. A team work must in quality inspection.Thinking and caring co-workers are with me at that time. In a shipment date work is very hard.48 hours i had worked at that time. I was always enjoyed the work at that time.
Pros
nothing
  1. Employee Reviews