Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,495 reviews

Hard place to work at the people don't get along

I enjoy working for the company he gave me an opportunity a job but the management wasn't right they tried to talk to you any kind of way like you no work are you just a dog

It's ok place to work. But there is alot of bs as well.

The good is work is steady. The bad is there's no team work. They are always lying to you. No sick days. So if you are sick you have to use your vacation.

Pros

Clock out for lunch

Cons

2 15min breaks. Short term disability sucks

Job stability, excellent pay , good work life balance

I left Shaw due to personal reasons, but I would recommend this place seeing as how they actually pay a livable wage and you only work half the month.

The the t thg gtvv

Lots of favoritism you can be on time everyday for three years no points and over sleep one day you get wrote up. Do not make friends cause they tell everything you tell them.

Warping at shaw

I like working for Shaw many people have been there very long time and still enjoy it. Pay is decent and there is room to move up and you don’t have to stick to the dept that you start in

Pros

Paid time off, double time

Cons

Short breaks, hot in summer

Bad just bad

Toxic environmentYou can't leave the building once you clock, not even to get something out of your car, so if you like sunlight or fresh air on breaks you won't be too happy

Pros

Free plastic forks and spoons i guess

Cons

Well you cant leave the building once you clock in

Demanding and confusing at times

Not pleased with employee's moral due to demands and pressure from management. Communication from management was full of seams, incomplete, inconsistent and at times unclear.

Pros

Cons

Too many procedure changes and poor communication

Productive and fun environment

Shaw takes pride in all their employees. This company goes above and beyond to invest back into all employees. Great training and they make annual training fun

Pros

Great inclusion

Cons

Problems with long term employees

Great company to work for.

As a bigger company, you are more of a number than an associate, but overall the way the company is ran, is the way it is suppose to be. Very professional, pay is great, really enjoyed working here.

Pros

Good benefits, good pay

Cons

Hard to get on first shift.

Productive workplace with lots of overtime

Good place to be if you are interested in working in a manufacturing environment. Opportunities to advance in your role. Lots of hours. Decent pay and benefits.

Pros

Overtime, opportunities to advance

Cons

Work life balance

Decent

It is overall a good place to work if you like working 6/7 days a week. Most time here has been mandatory overtime on weekends. If there is a holiday on a Monday they will make you work the weekend just so you can have off Monday.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Mandatory Overtime

Will fire you for anything simple. And will poimt you for anything.

Favoritism. So you'll have a hard time moving up and will fire you for any lil safety thing. Doesn't care what you have to do and will point you. The need you for production. Period.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow

It’s alright

The work is easy depending on what department you get put in but overall that are all relatively easy. Some cause more stress than others but managers will understand if you have good reason if slow that day.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Short breaks

The people were great!

I loved working at T1 I did feel that HR picked and choose people when it came to different people. I loved my job as a warper op......................

Pros

People

Cons

Hr

Hope you get on a shift that actually wants to work and complete the job.

Went in through a temp service and I highly don't recommend that you do that. Was told that I would be on first shift but they don't hire for first shift you have to put in years and get different jobs under your belt before they even consider you. Management doesn't care you have p.c that think they have more power than what they do. The Temps gets treated like trash.You can't smoke and you can't leave the building for your breaks. If you like gossip then go to a plant especially this one.

Pros

Free lunch on sundays, good money, 8 hours a day

Cons

Can't leave for your breaks, management doesn't care, its extremely hot in the summer, rude co-worker's

Good off time, shifts could change though.

Shaw is a good company to work for. The pay is great and the job isn’t too stressful. The only real con about this place is the weekly turn over swing shift. If you can beat that it’s a great place to work.

Pros

Time off

Cons

Swing shift

Strong culture and their leadership is exceptional for the flooring industry.

The company continues to work on their culture and the leadership is exceptional for the flooring industry. Their products and processes are likely the very best in the flooring industry. Their customers, both residential and commercial, believe that the company makes excellent products and operate fairly.

Pros

Increasingly strong culture and diversity for the flooring industry.

Cons

No women or diversity in the C-Suite

Shaw hires and fries like it’s nothing

Shaw Floors pays well, but they will lay-off people in a heartbeat. Shaw ruins lives, destroys families, and cares nothing about their employees. You’re just a number to them. Then they have the nerve to post on the highway that they’re “hiring”, and having a job fair. How about calling back some of those dedicated folks you laid off just a few months ago. It’s a sick game they play. Depending on who you’re related to, whose butt you kiss, and what clique you belong to, you might keep your job. This company plays favorites.

Pros

Weekly pay, vacation

Cons

Expensive insurance, stressful, favoritism, petty mangers

Great place to work.

I really enjoyed working at Shaw's. It was a hard job on your wrist. I have heard since I was there they have updated machines and changed a few policies for the better. My trainer was great.

Pros

Set schedule you know when you're going to be off for a year

Overall one of the better places I've worked

I currently enjoy the work I do at shaws. Everyone on the floor are pretty much left alone to do their job. At times some things can be rushed due to customer demands, but that's a given in any shop. If you show your worth you typically are rewarded. The company could improve on their employee relations by including the guys more though. Newer machines and plenty of tooling available. I'd definitely recommend giving shaws a try if you're looking for work.

Pros

Nice machines and lots of tooling

Cons

Unpaid lunch

Good compensation. Difficult to advance

Shaw is good to me financially. They treat employees with respect and care about safety. Workplace politics absolutely exist. Overall shaw provides great compensation and is probably the most reliable employer in NW GA.

Pros

occasional free lunch

Cons

forced over time and weekend work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Shaw Industries