SPEL Semiconductor Ltd

SPEL Semiconductor Ltd Employee Reviews

India20 reviews

Good Industrial Practices were followed

Knowledge about Process Planning Work environment

Pros

Free Transport

Cons

Night Shifts

good company

I had a busy life . It physical wore me out due to physical work. I have learn't many things with regards to everyday disposition on output. Management is good but the company is unstable that is why I opted transfer to other job. The hardest part of the job is working long hours with no pay but only time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was a lot of trainings was available for me to attend.

Job review

Good exposure to semiconductor field Platform to learn the basics of semiconductor manufacturing Good workplace culture Management staffs are approachable

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

employee benefits were low

Productive and reliable

A very good company to learn about semiconductor products. Highly effective with products like LMP and Lead lC pakages. Also there is scope of improvement to develop advance IC products.

It was like school. No respect for fellow workers.

The company is filled with jealousy, self ambition.no team building. But only good think is it trained me to move to next level. The lesson what ever i learn it help for thr next venture.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Small break

nice company

Yes this very nice company and it manafacturing a semiconductor it's is a good product in spel semiconductor in this company product and it's nice, thanku.

Cons

Productive and fun to work with as an intern

Maintenance of Diesel generator has been the biggest task apart from project of "Energy saving". Its a typical energy auditing done to see the bottleneck resources to find the overall equipment efficiency.

Pros

Free food and insentives

Cons

health care benifits

good environment for working

I worked at Spel Semiconductor full-time (Less than a year) Pros Intially I think work in core I have bright future. Cons In core there is no growth so I change my career to IT sector

Ground for Electronic chip production

Its a one and only company in India for production of IC assembly chip. Management plays a major work to the employees found better coordination between staffs and co workers. Challenging part in this field is the first lot manufacturing for the new customers, which is the enjoyable and challenging part.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

short breaks, healthcare

A good place to learn

It is a nice to place to work with . A good work environment , canteen and transport. Engineering function really good department to work with. A nice location away from the city.

suitable place for a Engineer to work

suitable place for a Engineer to work.a typical routine work .Co workers are so helpul to work with them.Learned more how people are surviving in this company

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Process Engineer at Semiconductor assembly

I learned about how to do the assembly work of semiconductor.I am working this company in rotational shifts.My colleagues are behave with me as friendly.

Good experience in manufacturing internship

My work was to reduce the wastage time and improve the manufacturing process, as the company followed lean manufacturing technique. It was great practical experience for me to observe practical things and apply my theoretical knowledge to improve the process. The management was awesome. We communicated regularly every week and they have heard all our ideas and tried to do the maximum possible. The co-workers were very good. They have helped me learn the manufacturing process in the plant and also gave me suggestions when I shared some of my ideas to improve the manufacturing process in the plant. The hardest part of the job was to improve the manufacturing process in a very economical way, where we came up with the grouping of similar integrated circuit packets. I have enjoyed every day of my internship and the most enjoyable part was to get in new innovative ideas to improve the process and sit with other team members to discuss the ideas.

Pros

Good work culture and encouraging management

Cons

Plant had low demands at that time

A semiconductor assembly and testing company that has great potential to improve by Qualifying more Customers !

24 x 7 Hrs of operations. Had attained more knowledge with great responsibilities. Friendly atmosphere. Technical support to critical issues are lean as most supplier base are on overseas and takes longer cycle time to resolve quality issues. Company must improve on productivity and automation concepts to attract more Customers.

Production planning Engineer

Handling and allocation of man power.  Ensuring Production as per plan, hourly monitoring of Plan Vs Actual.  Ensuring that there is no breakdown in the production line due to equipment failure.  Responsible for motivating the workers and providing them a sound-working environment.  Action plans implementation for improving OEE, PPM trend, Operating Efficiency & Machines utilization.  Implementing Improvement activities in continual basis.  Rejection analysis, Production Gap analysis & Defect analysis Monitoring maintaining KANBAN and FIFO.  Periodical verification and maintenance of production tools.  5’S Implementation in work Station.  Optimal utilization of Man Machine and Material.  Planning and scheduling for Preventive maintenance.  On job training to operators and improving multi-skills.  SAP Knowledge for Production Planning module  Production Order Creation  GI & GR management (Goods Issues and Good Receipt)  MRP (Material Planning)  PIR (Planned In-depend Requirement)  BOM (Bill Of Material)  ROUTING Operation  Material Management  Work center Maintenance  Capacity planning  Demand management  Back flushing  MPS (Master Production Scheduling)  Variant Configuration Special Achievements:  Operating Efficiency improved from 90% to 9

fine

semiconductor IC assembly and test company and am working as a product and test engineer

Manufacturing

Shift based work How to operate the machines and solving the problems Am a Assistant engineer

Pros

pay lunches

Cons

Shifts

Productive and fun workplace

• Experience in semiconductor IC's processing machines and general semiconductor process. • Hands-on experience with FOL, EOL, and Tape & Reel machines and equipment like as Disco, ASM, Alphasem, Shinkawa, Kulicke & Soffa, ASA mold, Cowin, Sunyang, Pascon, Meco platting,Systemation, Hanmi and TESEC . • Involved in Electro static Discharge (ESD) implementation. • Responsible in new machine installation. • Involved modification project in Manual Trim Form machine (MTF) to Auto Trim Form machine (ATF) using PLC. • Liaise with internal customers, consultant, contractors, suppliers and authorities. • Responsibility of Audit documentation works like PM documents and Calibration documents. • Successfully submitted Daily, Weekly, Monthly and ISO 14001 reports to our superiors. • Implemented the history cards (Major down details) for all Equipments. • Repair experienced in most of the problematic circuit board and power supply units. Thus reducing cost to company. • Good handling and replacing knowledge of High cost and Major spare parts. ( Servo motor, Encoder, Fiber optic sensors, Servo driver boards and Power supply units ). • Designed and improved an UV curing system for smooth adhesive while picking the IC’s from wafer ring. • Breakdown, Corrective, Preventive Maintenance of all the IC assembly plant machines and equipments related to FOL, EOL and Quality sections. • Knowledge in Photo sensors, Fiber Sensors, Proximity sensors, Through Beam Sensors, Vacuum Sensors, Amplifiers. • Maintained and troubleshooting of vacuum pumps, Exhaust systems and chambers. -

Productive and Good learning place

1.Carry out planned & Preventative maintenance schedules. 2.Liaise with Production teams and identify, implement and optimize improvements to machinery and plant. 3.Identify and carry out Kaizan, and Engineering improvement projects when required. 4. i'm happy with when arrive new machine or project. 5.My co-worker are well confident at work place and enjoying in carrying work.

Cons

high food cost, here not new technology updated equipment's.

Challenging environment and targrets for revenue

Moving on Organisational ladder for performer is easy.Friendly work environment and support within all functions

Pros

open mind management

Cons

variable pay, work life imbalance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPEL Semiconductor Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

SPEL Semiconductor Ltd Reviews by Location

Learn about SPEL Semiconductor Ltd in popular locations

• SPEL Semiconductor Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?