SPEL Semiconductor Ltd

India20 reviews

Clear

workgoodmanagementsemiconductorenvironmentknowledgelearnmaintenance

good company

I had a busy life . It physical wore me out due to physical work. I have learn't many things with regards to everyday disposition on output. Management is good but the company is unstable that is why I opted transfer to other job. The hardest part of the job is working long hours with no pay but only time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was a lot of trainings was available for me to attend.

Job review

Good exposure to semiconductor field Platform to learn the basics of semiconductor manufacturing Good workplace culture Management staffs are approachable

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

employee benefits were low

Ground for Electronic chip production

Its a one and only company in India for production of IC assembly chip. Management plays a major work to the employees found better coordination between staffs and co workers. Challenging part in this field is the first lot manufacturing for the new customers, which is the enjoyable and challenging part.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

short breaks, healthcare

Good experience in manufacturing internship

My work was to reduce the wastage time and improve the manufacturing process, as the company followed lean manufacturing technique. It was great practical experience for me to observe practical things and apply my theoretical knowledge to improve the process. The management was awesome. We communicated regularly every week and they have heard all our ideas and tried to do the maximum possible. The co-workers were very good. They have helped me learn the manufacturing process in the plant and also gave me suggestions when I shared some of my ideas to improve the manufacturing process in the plant. The hardest part of the job was to improve the manufacturing process in a very economical way, where we came up with the grouping of similar integrated circuit packets. I have enjoyed every day of my internship and the most enjoyable part was to get in new innovative ideas to improve the process and sit with other team members to discuss the ideas.

Pros

Good work culture and encouraging management

Cons

Plant had low demands at that time

Production planning Engineer

Handling and allocation of man power.  Ensuring Production as per plan, hourly monitoring of Plan Vs Actual.  Ensuring that there is no breakdown in the production line due to equipment failure.  Responsible for motivating the workers and providing them a sound-working environment.  Action plans implementation for improving OEE, PPM trend, Operating Efficiency & Machines utilization.  Implementing Improvement activities in continual basis.  Rejection analysis, Production Gap analysis & Defect analysis Monitoring maintaining KANBAN and FIFO.  Periodical verification and maintenance of production tools.  5’S Implementation in work Station.  Optimal utilization of Man Machine and Material.  Planning and scheduling for Preventive maintenance.  On job training to operators and improving multi-skills.  SAP Knowledge for Production Planning module  Production Order Creation  GI & GR management (Goods Issues and Good Receipt)  MRP (Material Planning)  PIR (Planned In-depend Requirement)  BOM (Bill Of Material)  ROUTING Operation  Material Management  Work center Maintenance  Capacity planning  Demand management  Back flushing  MPS (Master Production Scheduling)  Variant Configuration Special Achievements:  Operating Efficiency improved from 90% to 9

Challenging environment and targrets for revenue

Moving on Organisational ladder for performer is easy.Friendly work environment and support within all functions

Pros

open mind management

Cons

variable pay, work life imbalance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPEL Semiconductor Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

SPEL Semiconductor Ltd Reviews by Location