Spencer Retail Ltd

Spencer Retail Ltd Employee Reviews

India14 reviews

About the management

The management of spencer retail ltd. is very helpful according to fresher they peachfully tell about the work and they provide traning and the salary of spencer is not much but according to the fresher i think it is impresive at that time.

In Hyderabad no one bother on store losses and how to increase sales growth,availability, MBQ and ex....

As per company I was enjoyed lot in starting in Hyderabad after two months no one bother on store losses ,MBQ,availability and not intrested on loss making stores how to control. Especially no response from backend team .many are well strong with their other Income from Spencer who are working from many years

Spencer Retail Ltd insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

good place to learn basics of retail

It is good place to start your career and learn the basics of retail and other process. Getting good support from the senior management. Need to improve the compensation policy.

Good learning and working place if u want to learn a lot of about retail join this company

I have 2 and half year experience of this company I learned here so much and this is very good place to work with a team and I hope in future if i get any chance to join again I'll never miss

Working environment & management

Job working environment is much good for corporate and Regional employees, i'm getting weekend off so quite possible to get balance in my life. Overall management culture of my team is impressive and supportive like a surveillance team. However, most of the changes was done from past 2 years.

Pros

Salary increment is confirmed

Cons

Promotion taking much time

Best standard company

Spencer, was the first company in modern retail which has all the basis facility n infrastructure to run small n hyper market cross the state n cities. \i will tell u specifically of Mumbai, they had some of the best located store in mumbai. Running for more then 2yrs each store, but replenishment n category merchandising was the big issue, to a store run successfully these 2 r the basis, i have seen my self how cash n decision where taken, which incurred heavy losses to the company. Reason for these, wrong people in wrong position. that all.

Excellent

this organisation has produce me as an good character in the society and also teach me to work in different situation under different type of controller. one Of my best company

Productive and fun workplace

It's a better company for learning,and it pays our salary at the end of month,so i loved the way our company does.But i need a better place to utilities my learning at Spencer's retail Ltd.

Pros

Free Tiffin and tea.

Cons

Mideum hours.

Makes Fine Living Affordable.

Spencer's Retail, one of India's most preferred multi-format retail chain, delights an astonishing 3.5 million customers every month by delivering on its brand promise.

Great Place To work

Spencer's Retail, one of India's most preferred multi-format retail chain, delights an astonishing 3.5 million customers every month by delivering on its brand promise - Makes Fine Living Affordable. Since inception Spencer's has been a consumer-centric brand, constantly innovating, pioneering formats, evolving over time but always keeping consumer needs and satisfaction center-stage. Back in 1920, were the first grocery chain in India. In 1980, it became the first supermarket chain, and in 2001, it introduced India to the joys of hypermarket shopping. Today, it's network of 120+ stores covers a retail trading area of 1 million square feet.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spencer Retail Ltd?

lunch

Company is good but management are not working is they're personal people are encouraged.other people are not Growth. This management are higher grade people are describing To lower grade people.

Pros

Cons

i don'tnow this meaning

kolkata

handaling peety cash billing cash credit card. also selling product handling daily stock in and out . stock cheack monthly. making daily target.

nice work place

grate company & grate management for employee, learn & perform, i like my company process, i am join spencers in 2010 as a fresher csa but now i am working as supervisor with 20 team members, with back office work sale analyses, data management new plans for achieve new milestone in every mont, etc.

Pros

avereg

Cons

never mind

Workplace

When its open its hyper store in Lucknow first time,Organizational culture .Learn in workplace that how to manage manpower.Company employee & also third part person .When i learn the things work is easy for my.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spencer Retail Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Spencer Retail Ltd in popular locations