St. John's Research Institute

St. John's Research Institute Employee Reviews in Bengaluru, Karnataka

Bengaluru, Karnataka9 reviews

Stress-free for an intership/thesis

No hands-on experience provided as the lab works on the tight budget. They allow you to observe certain procedures but rarely. Scientists are sweet and help you

Productive and fun

Good environment. Good work culture. Good staffs. Good learning experience. We can balance our work and life. We have to adjust the pollution and traffics.

St. John's Research Institute insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

People help if you ask.They encourage you to learn.Upper Management is good.Workplace culture is encouraging.They expect a lot from you.Good people always encourage you.

It was fantastic to work at SJRI, with best of the amenities. The timings of the work excellent with no extended hours unless you decide to do one. It looks more over working in a government setting where the job is time to time with enough free time

Pros

Cons

There is medium job satisfaction

Stepping stone for career. Working women can find balance between work and family. Lot of research work happening in various fields which is very impressive.

St. John's Research Institute is an esteemed institution to work in. Management is very good. Co workers also very co operative

My job at St. John's Research Institute is quite satisfactory. MY duty timings is 9AM to 5PM During my career at St. John's Research Institute I learned almost all mycological procedures in routine mycology laboratory and the identification of different medical and environmental fungi. I dot the training on PCR assay for the identification of fungal infections. I have learned many new techniques in Microbiology and serology over here. I got an one week training at Dept. of Medical Microbiology, PGIMER, Chandigarh Management of St. John's Research Institute is quite good. My co workers as co operative

Great learning and task oriented atmosphere

My work ethic at St. John's was the starting point for my career and I am glad it was. It inculcated a sense of time management, responsibility and sincerity that should be associated with such a role. The management had a strong clock-in policy, and late comers were penalized but hard-working over-time staff were never rewarded. There were a few ominous slackers that smugly got away with being slack and this was quite annoying. I enjoyed greeting all my colleagues in the morning and going out for the occasional break and special meal at the onsite cafe. I would rate most of my colleagues as highly efficient at their roles and I have made a few friendships that will surely last me a lifetime.

Fun Work place

Its boring working here because there i no challenging job and the i am very idle here no career growth.lower end technology so looking for the change

Good place to start a career!

I had been working in the area of human nutrition research and involved with rural and urban field work. It had been an exceptional learning experience in terms of managing logistics, finance, data collection, data storage, statistical analysis and setting up and managing research assistants in a rural setting. The hardest part of the job was staying away from home for most days of the week. The most enjoyable part was to interact with people who belong to the most unreachable sections and are in greater need of health services.

Pros

Workshops and seminars

Cons

Poor coordination and team management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John's Research Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare St. John's Research Institute with