Standard Chartered Bank logo
Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews in Gurgaon, Haryana

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,870 reviews

it was excellent

i had gud exp.working with SCB. Staff was helping n caring. Lunch was paid, but the cafeteria was spacious. It was 5day wrking , our team was helpful.

Good

Working environment is very good and also management is good. Safe environment specially for girls. Good services for the customers and policy’s and facilities are good for the employees of the bank. My overall experience is good.

Used to be a very good bank

after spending 13 yrs in Standard Chartered, i can tell you that the bank used to be an excellent bank at one point of time. But the culture has changed in the last few years. The class of bank it was now has become worse than any private bank. the total top management has been replaced with individuals from private sector bank, what has this lead to a mixture of culture and dilution of values/ services and total distortion of the niche the bank held at one point of time. from a great service bank , its become into a sales no service bank..... There are many things, but the bottom line is the bank has lost its direction, culture and values.........they are neither MNC nor private bank......somewhere in between with no idea where to move......a total lack of motivation, direction and activity has set in.........there is an constant war between the old guard and the new employees who have been given important post coming from various pvt. banks.....these new guys have no idea what to do with the bank except fool customers and maybe last for few years before they migrate to newer pastures. All old loyal people have left or leaving......

Pros

Medical Policy

Amazing place

Had most amazing time at work. People are very supportive and team culture prevails. I got a chance to make friends for life in this bank. Got immense opportunities to hone my skills.

Good work culture , all employees are treated equally irrespective of their post or designation

SCB is one of the best work place to work . The only issue with this organisation is the salary and work -load . they offer less salary compared to work profile and load. Though they offer extremely good benefits to employees and their family. and every employee is treated as a family member of the organisation

Pros

employee benefits

Cons

less salary

Very good work place

Very good work place with fun and responsibility at work. • A result-oriented professional with nearly 9.9 years of experience in KYC, AML Compliance & Due Diligence Currently associated with Standard Chartered Bank, Gurgaon as Assistant Manager. Gained extensive exposure working in variety of processes such as Exemption Process, Large Currency Reporting Unit Process, CIP Process as Customer Identification Program & so on. Proficient at conducting various searches to validate credit operations required by AML & KYC procedures. Got In-depth knowledge of statutory standards such as US PATRIOT, Bank Secrecy Act and so on. Became Capable of managing day-to-day activities in coordination with internal / external departments for ensuring smooth business operations Got Strong capability to master a situation quickly; highly knowledgeable in a wide variety of professional disciplines . Have An effective communicator with excellent problem solving, leadership, analytical & organisational skills.

Pros

Unlimited medical facilities

Cons

9 hours

Productive and always a fun at work

Very good brand to work with. Pure MNC culture.Supportive environment. Revenue oriented bank. Always ahead to their competition. A place where you can learn and perform.

Pros

Get togethers

Cons

Always on toes for better performance

Learning Place

Working in Trade Department of a Bank requires a lot of experience, still I managed to work here as a fresher. Learned a lot in the Imports field and still learning. The experience of my colleagues helped me a lot in tackling high work load and hurdles in processes.

An excellent place to work!!

Stanchart gives end to end training of the product before putting an employee on the job which is good for employees growth and development.

Pros

The job profile was very extensive which i really enjoyed

Cons

the office shifted to Gurgaon and travelling from one to another end of city was difficult.

it's a good place to work

● Issuing letter of credits ● Interacting with customers for processing import letter of credit at earliest and resolving all the discrepancies ● Coordinating between CPUT and RMs for proper execution of letter of credit and getting timely release of transaction ● Handling exports documents ● Handling transactions for invoice discounting ● Advising the letter of credit to beneficiaries ● Handling inward remittances ● Handling the transactions of PCFC and PSFC ● Handling the buyer’s credit transactions ● Scrutinizing the advance and direct import payments documents ● Processing import payment for LC and collection bill and advance and direct payments ● Processing RTGS payments for INR LC bills ● Issuing Delivery orders ● Raising rates to treasury ● Responsible for half yearly BEF reporting to RBI (Bill of Entry audit) ● Coordinating with auditors and customers for clean BEF audit ● Following up with banks for stuck import payment and replying to swift messages ● Scrutinizing the bank guarantee documents ● Issuing the bank guarantees ● Extending the bank guarantees on the customer request ● Cancelling the expired bank guarantees

Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank

in Gurgaon, Haryana
See more jobs

fun while at work

Standard Chartered Bank is a good place to work. i have been with the bank for 7.8 years and its been a great learning while working. Collections is a profile where every day is a new learning, more we get into profile.i have always got the opportunity to explore my self in every new way

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere, opportunity to express your views

Cons

Salary

First love

I learned Creative Sales & Marketing Management professional skill with in 7 year’s progressive experience. Now Seeks career advancement within dynamic, high growth organization that welcomes fresh ideas, initiative, dedication, and experience, demanding excellence in consistently meeting business objectives. Co-workers are so supportive,they really helped me when i go on leave,I can not say any one to "NO" But some time due to compliance i have to say my customers sorry ,that is my hardest part.All the time i enjoying my job.Always fun.

Pros

Career enhancement

both

I was in collection department. I have learnt how to deal with customer. My co-workers were very co-operative.there was nothing harddest part of collection department.I learnt new things in my job that isthe enjoyble part.

A new corporate environment

Learned how to manage people at work , when there is work pressure in abundance how to manage the superior and his orders and complete the given task on time.

Pros

meals, reimbursements, wroking environment

Cons

less systematic, no personal computer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,145