Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Culture reviews

i had gud exp.working with SCB. Staff was helping n caring. Lunch was paid, but the cafeteria was spacious. It was 5day wrking , our team was helpful.
Career growth, nice exposure.. Good work culture, lots of perks, hierarchical approach. Job security and easy internal transfers.Heigenic cafeteria.
Work environment is very good, all the colleagues are very friendly and supportive, TL's are very motivative and work culture is very good, you will have very good career growth.
No work life balance and need to be achieved daily targets. Management is not satisfactory Taking too much time for getting promotions Weekend supports
The workplace culture is suitable for me. management and my colleague are helpful. Everyday i learn something new here. i am very good team member , and my team very supportive. It is based on our performance
Extreme pressure and zero enhanced support. Management is not supportive neither are most BMs.....the culture needs to be empathetic from the top. Staff at the retail banking are over worked and paid less. BMs make you sit extra with no extra pay. Excessive stressful and forceful sales jobs are made to do.
Pros
Leaves are many.
Cons
Excessive stressful and forced sales.
Fair place to work, can learn process. Work culture is ok as it requires long working hours. No proper procedure for growth / promotions. Favoritism is the key for success.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long Hours, difficult to grow
A good place to work with.Its a instiution for a stable job. Work culture is absolute good . The salary increment is less every year . Growth is substantiate
Not worth to write anything about the work. Only one common thing which will be prevailed is messed up or screwed up that will sum up the job culture and management is one of the worst you will ever come across...
Its a nice place to work and very productive environment and the culture is very good over there and its a place where we can except what we can be in down the line of 5 or 10 years
Working in SCB-GBS is good and job is secured. Work life Balance is based on you the work is done. Work culture is purely depends on the Management, here more than the rules its on the people and its reflection. So as a whole the work is good or bad depends on how you work.
I left SCB long back so mentioning salary and work culture will not justify todays culture of bank. Still it was a very fruitful journey and i always cherish working with such organization and under one of the best bosses.
after spending 13 yrs in Standard Chartered, i can tell you that the bank used to be an excellent bank at one point of time. But the culture has changed in the last few years. The class of bank it was now has become worse than any private bank. the total top management has been replaced with individuals from private sector bank, what has this lead to a mixture of culture and dilution of values/ services and total distortion of the niche the bank held at one point of time. from a great service bank , its become into a sales no service bank..... There are many things, but the bottom line is the bank has lost its direction, culture and values.........they are neither MNC nor private bank......somewhere in between with no idea where to move......a total lack of motivation, direction and activity has set in.........there is an constant war between the old guard and the new employees who have been given important post coming from various pvt. banks.....these new guys have no idea what to do with the bank except fool customers and maybe last for few years before they migrate to newer pastures. All old loyal people have left or leaving......
Pros
Medical Policy
Good work place with job security. Allowance work ambiand culture and work life balance are up to mark, which is fairly enough. Suitable place to get settled.
Good working in SCB. And have value for people working Religion faith race culture and it is MNC. Have so many benefits for employees cab facility medical.
Good working experience. Workplace culture is also good .. You can learn many new thing .. Very nice medical benefits . We talk more in interview time
Not as great as it looks like. The offshore team are only directed to accept and work as per the onsite team. Lack of judgement with the off shore team.
Good, I am not able to work because of some health issues. More over, job are stressless. I am worked in the backend process. Team member are friendly and helpful to me
I have found that customers are the most important factor to achieving the top levels of success. When interacting with customers- I strive to make sure that I present an experience ensuring their satisfaction. My goal is to keep the customers happy and regularly coming back.
work culture was very friendly. should have been technologically driven. Management was also very friendly. paid leaves and other benefits were good..
Open & Inclusive culture, good learning opportunities. Many opportunities are available for one to lead & grow in this bank as it's a MNC and there was always option available to grow, provided a candidate is flexible to relocate, the opportunities are available. Great exposure to senior management and different functions of the bank.