Stanley Black & Decker

Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

management expectation was not clear even management team was keep on changing & my superiors also, no clear direction of work & in house politics was there.
A typical day at work starts with banging your head on what to do, as there are no clear documented requirements. It keeps on changing as per the whims of the manager. HR is terrible, they wouldn't look after your concerns. You are expected to perform from day 1, irrespective of what domain you come from. You are required to know all about Stanley from day 1, that is the clear expectation which they have from you.
The pleasure of having work their is good but the salary is not sufficient for me as well and the growth in that work was not possible enough because the proprietary firm not giving incentive or chance to enhance the knowledge or skills
SBD IT India has a poor work culture mostly due to the onshore managers. There has been no growth for the past 5 years. They have been downsizing offshore resources each time they had to reduce costs
Was a great place to work 5 years back, not sure about now as the management is new. I was the first Regional Manager in SBD when I joined them in 2009. Lots of freedom to take decision and hence we were growing by 15% + in those days for 4 years continuously.
great company to work with great learning platform , new products , technical selling , freedom for speech and idea sharing
Pros
good learning and growth
Cons
job security
veel afwisseling amper een kans op een vast contract
Do not keep promises. They recruit on false promises. No clear cut strategy for business in India. More dependence on imports and less focus on manufacturing.
you are out of the race if you are not fast enough. One of the highly motive company. Very good opportunity if you are a part of Global sourcing team.
this is the worst company of the world for workers specially for Diploma or B-tech engineer.......wast of time if try this company...be careful........the review or advertisement is very very good but never try this company for your future...i have bad experience with this company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stanley Black & Decker?
Except the time & management working is fun, most of the time you will be working on the new product development.When it comes to work culture beware.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
work life balance is not good
The experience here gave me an opportunity to explore new skill sets on channel management. It also allowed me to set-up service network across India for the power tools range and develop planning tool for spares stock planning to ensure anytime availability.
Best work environment with lot of scope to learn about the product portfolio and industry. Well balanced work life culture which creates ample time to create, innovate and advance at workplace.
it is pleasure working with Stanley.The challenges faced during the development helps me to learn new things and it is easy talking to the business analysts and they make people feel good working with them.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Na
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. is a Fortune 500 American manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of security products and locks headquartered in New Britain, StanleyBlack & Decker is the result of the merger of Stanley Works and Black & Decker.
Good learning platforms for understanding the real market activities Also learned a lot on the team creation & management. Nice working atmosphere
There is no vision or strategy to develop the business in India. Management does seem to be focussing on India for petty things thereby not giving a freehold to develop the business in India
For IT-Testing in India don't have much growth, and I dont see any scope to be in this see a good vertical growth in my stream. rest all it good. I think it should bring more policies and ideas to grow and make it possible as multinational organization.
1. Learned about the team handling 2. Management is co operative 3. Workplace culture is good and fun working 4. No hardest part but sometimes response will be delayed from the management 5. No restriction in taking decision.
Work culture of this company is fantastic , freshers can learn many things, I learned a lot from the upper management still I am learning , Expenses and salary comes on time that is very important for me.
Pros
work culture
Cons
frequent changes in managemnt
Its really very good where i leaded a team. This company gave me a chance to design an module and implemented new feature in a product. Where i need to present my design to the management and leaded the team to implement it