Stantec

Stantec Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

N/a

Working at Stantec has help me grow in the cyber security industry.They treated me like gold Upper management needs a little help but my immediate supervisors were the best!! Good benefits, paid holidays and great people to work with!!!

They care about their people, work is just OK

The projects could be a little more interesting. Smaller jobs, nothing special. A lot of turnover. Basic corporation is good and good systems in place.

Pros

Old training and benefits

Cons

Uninspiring work

Ok

Was not there too long but overall a great company. People were welcoming, work was challenging to start. Benefits were great, time off if needed. Christmas was off but had to use your own vacarion days to do so.

Worked there for almost 8 years, really enjoyed my time working there. Great bosses and work mates. Most work is away from home so alot of traveling invloved.

Turning Professional Technical workers to Administrative workers

This company supposed to be a technical company but they are dealing with everyone inside the company as if he or she is an administrative worker. So, if you are an expert in your field as as a technical professional don't go work there; especially if your goal to built your career - If you are a technical expert then you will buried alive! On the other side, if you are an intern or an administrative worker, then you will be very happy working there, since you will get paid by just following whatever they are telling you to do. Also, you will be abused if you didn't belong to the work group. The work environment all about the in-group relationship and not about if you are effective in your job. You will miss many job opportunities just because any manager doesn't like you! The worse thing I experienced working there, is no one holding the responsibility at the challenging time, this company lacks real leaders. After all they are focusing in turning everyone to Administrative workers.Don't be deceived by what you will read on their website; the real life inside company is different than their social media posts. My advice to this company leaders in the headquarter (Canada), is to be strict in valuing every good technical person. This will be your key to become one of the top companies instead of relying on company's revenue every year. Be real innovative by hiring real innovative professional at the lead positions. Look at any of The 100 World's Most Innovative Companies and learn from them, then you will gain more revenue as well good reputation and real -

Pros

Salary is fair, on the average scale

Cons

Dealing with you as if you are an administrative worker

Typical work place, strong pipeline of work, mostly relaxed culture.

This is a typical work place, open office arrangement and standard team structure. Management are quite relaxed and there is a generally friendly and supportive feel if you are in a good team. There are stressful times when there are deadlines but this is not on a daily basis. Lots of knowledge and access to resources across departments. Pay is not competitive with the market and reviews are conducted on an annual basis. Benefits are standard, nothing special. You can buy /sell additional holidays. The adminstration systems are outdated and tedious. Training is stagnant unless you really push for it, even for junior staff on the "graduate" programme which is non existent. Overall, a standard average workplace - nothing special but not awful.

Pros

Friendly and mostly relaxed working culture, large projects.

Cons

Admin, lack of training, grad scheme is not organised.

Fair Engineering Company.

I was at the wrong time at the company. The Economy of Alberta was very low. At that time lay-offs started. I leave before that happens to me. My frustration come because the manager created false expectations when they brought me in. This is part of the game in consulting firms. They must show that they have the best resources to present proposals. The company pay well. The benefits are better than most similar companies. I don’t have chance to know the company better because the Transmission Lines Division was isolated in a separate building. But I hear that many people please with the company.

Pros

Good benefits, good salary.

Cons

Not job security

Great work, decent pay, but managerial support lacking

Decent pay and standard benefits compared to other engineering companies. Local leadership feigns inclusivity and support. Hands off and no opportunity for growth. Stagnancy in local office but coworkers in other offices are great!

Pros

Other offices

Cons

Manager, no growth

Great place to work.

Truly enjoyed my time at Stantec. Each client site may be different, but the ability to grown and learn is endless. Fast paced with good compensation.

Toxic workplace

The overall workplace was toxic - starting from leadership teams although you'll find some great peers to work with. Very limited opportunities for growth and advancement and you're only as good as your last project. Salary is not competitive. You can also expect to work long hours and be over worked until you burn out and are eventually forced to leave.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Long hours and overworked

Nice office, in a great location

Very nice people that work there. They gave us $50 gift cards for Thanksgiving. Birthday Lunches were awesome. Everyone has a positive attitude most of the time.

Je me suis senti comme un numéro

Gros roulement d'employés et mauvaise gestion du bien-être de ceux-ci.. Personnel pas très sympathique à mon égard. Placent des gens sur des projets comme une agence de placement (ne pas travailler directement pour l'entreprise mais souvent pour l'un de leurs client lié au projet) Beaucoup de formations (souvent inutiles) qui prennent trop de temps dans nos horaires et il faut compenser pour ses heures manquées. Les employés ne se connaissent pas beaucoup étant tous sur des projets differents.

Pros

Bons avantages sociaux et bons salaires

Cons

Pas un bon endroit si on cherche l'esprit convivial et d'equipe

Organized and Respectful

Stantec is a well organized firm with a fairly rigid management structure. It is a consulting engineering firm and so constantly struggles with selling a project for fees that do not necessarily have sufficient contingency for when a job becomes more complex than anticipated, but they also know how to seek change orders. It is a fast paced intense work environment, but they care about their employees (ergonomic workstation assessments, staff events, employee review processes). This is a good firm to grow in.

Pros

Well managed respectful of employees

Cons

Wage growth after entry is quite restrictive and you must advocate for your fair salary.

Good company to work for.

I had great time working for Stantec, and was able to grow within my team and company. Great perks and benefits. Though I wish they paid little better.

Great atmosphere, office, and culture

Overall a great place to work. A large company but feels close knit individually as an office. As with any corporations, there are positives and negatives.It really depends on which team you land in whether or not you’ll have a great experience here.Based on project loads and needs, I worked for several months on a really great team and learned a lot. Management was very kind, respectful and knowledgeable.Then I moved to another team and it was very different. It became an unhealthy culture, I felt belittled and scrutinized on every little thing. Just interesting how under the same roof there are totally different teams.It’s unfortunate, but overall recommended just be aware of this.

Pros

Lots of benefits, perks, overall good company culture

Cons

Company not really in sync with other offices

Good Job for Experience

I worked at Stantec for about a year. When the covid pandemic hit, I got temporarily laid off, my manager had no work for me. Its a good starting job, good training. As for management, the manager was very bad at communicating with their employees and would never have team meeting or plan something outside of work with the team. As for salary, they don’t pay nearly as much as you should be.

Pros

Free coffee, nice coworkers.

Cons

Bad management, poor salary

good

good salary good people but there was bit of stress of working hours at home in Covid 19 period. I enjoyed much on mining work but most of jobs job had not enough budget.

Le travail au sain de l'entreprise est agréable

Le travail au sain de l'entreprise est agréable, bonne collaboration avec les collègues et le management. Bonne réactivité du management avec la covide-19.

Pros

collaboration des collègues

Cons

salaire moyen

Excellent for those willing to advance

Stantec has an excellent team mentality culture. People are always willing to help one another despite many commitments and an overall fast paced environment. The chargeable hours and time cards keeps people accountable for their time and productivity which is both a motivating factor but can also be a burden. You quickly find out if your personality and work ethic suits the service-based engineering consulting work. You are respected as professionals and not micromanaged, but everyone is accountable for their work. There is equal pressure to complete engineering projects “right” as it is to finish on budget which can be frustrating and an added stress for project managers and staff. Expect to work on many projects concurrently and flip gears at the drop of a hat. This is the reality of most large consulting engineering firms; however Stantec is one of the better workplaces. The people are excellent, a wonderful work place environment, room for advancement, and will always be something to learn given the diversity of projects. The biggest downfall is the work-life balance since it is certainly not for everyone. Highly recommended for those motivated to learn, grow and shape their careers. Our group has excellent management which may differ from other groups.

Pros

People, collaboration, growth, experience, salary

Cons

Work-life balance, stressful

Not a good place to work

Feast or famine,its good when you work.They send you out of town always and want you to pay for all the expenses,most the time after not working for a month.Submit your expenses and denied always,you eventually get paid.

Pros

Cons

no financial confidence

Fantastic Company

The company itself as an entity is fantastic to work for. I had noticed that upper Management does whats best for the management's best interest not the employee's.

Pros

Some of the great people you could ever meet, Company functions, Pay and Benefits

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Stantec