State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews

India721 reviews

indiabankbankingorganisationbranchsectorstateloan

Good experience with SBI learned lot of work right from manual banking to computerisation

I enjoyed my working in SBI from Rural areas to Metros. Particularly learned retail banking deposit products, retail loan products specialisation in car, housing and personal loan. Recovery process initiatives at various stages of loan and selling of third products.

Pros

Good atmosphere for learning

Cons

Long working hours after schedules working hours

Mostly clerical work for officers

No work-life balanceWorking on holidaysSalary not at par with private sectorNo monetary incentive for performersCrawling growthPoor transfer policyAverage hr policiesHumongous work pressureAverage working environmentObsolete technology available to frontline staffHigher studies are not encouragedStudy leave only on paperHra/lease allowance not enough for metro city postingsToo much focus on selling life insurance

State Bank of India insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and insightful

It helps in understanding the rural realities of India in a close way. Gets a life-changing experience by living with the community and understanding their issues, which helps give a solution as a project.

Pros

Understanding rural realities

Cons

Difficulty in language

Worst place to work

This is the most toxic workplace . No peace of mind. Government job by name. It is worse than a private job. People are treated so inhumanly which is not imaginable.

Overall experience working in SBI is full of challenging , work hard will be appreciated

Although after doing 32 years of service in SBI, I have got everything in my life, my family enjoyed happiest moment several times,overall marvelous.

Uplifting and fun workplace

Uplifting and fun workplaceFree lunchesComfortable working hoursNo deadlinesPositive environmentCooperative managersWell maintained work life balance

Productive and fun loving

State Bank of India is a institution were we can develop our skills and learn new technologies and services sbu is a great resource to work with experience legends and also have a strong team working environment .

Pros

Free lancer

Cons

8 hours to 9 hours

Banking and insurance

I like this company. but some time salary issues.. so I leave this company .And senior behaviour is so bad. Sometimes senior bad pitch. all employees

Very tough job

Onus always falls on the junior officers and you are just made a scapegoat in order to save skins of the Top Management. My career was destroyed just because of this, else I would have attained new heights of success.

Pros

Respectable Job

Cons

You are treated as a superman who can handle everything on your own

Good workplace with opportunities to grow

There is Job security but the workload is a bit on the higher side. There are a lot of transfers in the job postings, which is difficult to manage. The perks are really good compared to other banks.

Pros

Excellent medical policy of sbi

Cons

Too much work

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Bank of India?

Lot depends on your luck

SBI is becoming tough day by day. There are two kind employees, one who want to grow and the one who just want a secured job. The organisation is badly affected by 2nd class of people who are responsible for bad work culture in the organisation. Your place of posting decides whether you are a good or bad employee. So your good luck has a role to play in the career advancement. The transfer policy is the 2nd major issue as the family life of staff is badly affected due to frequent and uncertain transfers. Though good incentives are available, sometimes availing these benefits are very time consuming and subjective and hence those who are in 2nd category of employee, benefit the most. Retail banking has become real pain and customer complaints ruin the life of even committed customers.

Monotonous job

good for secured job but was not good for growth. The work life balance is very good here and that doesn't mean everyone works less here. Everyone works very hard but because of the enormous clientele of SBI the job of a relationship manager becomes a tad bit easier. Work related travel: This job involves Travel Within City.

Skill enhancement and rewarding

Pioneer bank in the country with ample opportunity to learn and implement banking products enhancement in day to day life of a common man.Ample opportunity to grow and build the team with goals in sight.

Productive is a funny

I was looking a over all state bank of india it was nice infratecture and good working place clean and neet manually i am support in state bank of india

Stressful

Only join if you have no other option. Cross selling and non banking related work is common and targets to be achieved. No work life balance. Stressful situations daily to be faced with loads of complaint

Pros

Perks and job security

Cons

No fixed timings, 10-12 hours is regular working hours

Excellent

I enjoyed my work in my job n I am very proud for being part this Grate organisation SBI ……… due to my personal reasons I quit my job ….. but I still love my organisation

Good

Have to be a multitasker, able to handle pressure from customers as well as managers, have to be ready to travel to any branch any day on deputation.

Nice place to work.

Nice place to work like a family. If you pass a loan and the customer is not repaying its your responsibility. The salary and perks are very low compairing the risk. They stopped the pension scheme and started new scheme which for the new comers which is not very attractive.

Pros

Staff Loan for house and car.

Cons

Frequent transfers.

Good organization to work with but horrible work culture

Secured Job, good work life balance (if you don't opt for promotion), excellent allowances and Perks but toxic work culture. Getting in being a General Category candidate is highly challenging and so does the survival. This organization is good only for people who does not belong to general category.

Pros

Allowances, Perks, Reasonable Salary, Job security, Good Work Life balance(If promotion to managerial role is not opted)

Cons

Job transferability & poor work life balance (If promoted to managerial cadre), Horrible work culture, Racial harassment on employees belonging to General category

Stressful and competitive workplace. High sales pressure.

Pros: Excellent job security being a PSB, good salary and other monetary perks. Cheap housing and car loan for employees. Excellent promotion aspects and good onsite opportunities.Cons: Rural posting, high cross-selling pressure, arrogant management, no respect for work life balance.

Kaam kaam aur kaam. No time for family / social obligations.

Very much excited on joining. After promotion working environment is not good enough due to a lot of pressure and non cooperative nature of the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare State Bank of India with