State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews in Ahmedabad, Gujarat

Good

Good for long term. Good opportunity for the growth at State bank of India. Senior Mangement is very supportive and provides guidance. Appreciate for the hard work done.

first job memorable and tought skills

used to sale credit cards at bank premise give report everyday to team leader hard section was to complete the target best part was that able to build strong relation with customers and bank staff learned communication skill, management skill , understood real work culture, handle walk in customers as well as sale credit card

Best in the industry

If you choose Banking as a career, SBI is the place. Being the largest bank in India, SBI has a vast reach,. You will get the opportunity to handle multiple profiles, which will eventually helps to learn a lot.

very very good workplace in all respect

as a cashier accepting cash, issuing bank drafts, providing customer service, selling bank products such as credit card, insurance, mutual funds etc. as a supervisor distributing cash to cashiers, custody of bank valuables and cash

Pros

best work place

Cons

no cons

Product Specialist

Too Good Culture to work around. Rights and resposibilities are given on employee to perform. Only factor is about salary part that is been offered and security for off role empolyee.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Sbi

It's a great place to work and I learned a lot from there. Enormous learning opportunities. Its a people's place. I have learned customer service skills here.

Lack In HR Policy

This organisation will provide you very good exposure to overall banking if you really want to learn. Believes in equality i.e. equal pay for all at the same rank. Might go up based on experience not on capability and at the same time you should be ready to sacrifice your personal life and able to handle pressure not for business but for Cross selling - SBI Life, Insurance. It will teach you how to sustain in bureaucratic culture and what lack of professionalism is!!

Pros

Salary and other benefits, Exposure to Banking sector

Cons

no work life balance, no hr policy practically practice

It was good working at bank

I was teller at bank and it's really tough in India because there are lots of customers and I learned to manage customer relationship that time and also how to me calm in hard times

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours and bad working environment

Banking Finance and Accounts

One of the well laid out and time tested systems and procedures at the bank. Strong top level leadership but percolation down the line lacking and there is absence of human touch in the organisation.

Enjoying work

It was my beginning and every thing was new for me and ready to all new areas. Daily I was learning new. Always I was ready to accept challenges and I always succeeded. Do to my nature management choose me for any new concept, they had faith I will do it successfully.

Pros

Tea/Cofee

Cons

30minutes brake for lunch

State Bank of India

State Bank of India is a premier Lending Institution and India's largest public sector bank. It was my privilege that I have worked in sbi. I enjoyed working in sbi. work culture was excellent. Entire period of my job was enjoyable.

Pros

free transportation, mobile bill, medical aid

Average

Well working there was not a very good experience for me because one side my studies were going on and on other hand job. Though it was my first job,for me it was very difficult to handle both. Management was Strict but supportive as well. We used enjoy also whenever we get chance.. Well,every experience of life teaches you something . We should take positive only.

Cons

A banking behemoth that is one of the best organization for learning and development

A very mature bank with a long history and more than 10,000 branches. The range of services and talent is breathtaking. One of the few organization that have their own staff colleges to train and develop talent. Provides great opportunity to parade your talent.

Second largest bank in asia

This is the largest bank of india.I have learned how to do troubleshooting and providing customer satisfaction,handle multiple tasks at same time so improving concurrency control.

Top level organisation

Excellent experience. I had great opportunity to develp my skill, status inthe society, and serve to nation by providing excellent customer service.

excellent

Sbi is global fortune company. Management is good. No exposure in respect of fire fighting. Self management.

nice experience i past my all most all carrier about 38 years approximate

i learn public dealing finance administration. etc. i have nice relation with co worker

Helps to understand service industry in a better way

The hardest part is sitting late though you are not occupied with any work while the most enjoyable part is interacting with customers.

A financial institution, where you have to face so many challanges and in such challanges you have work efficiently

I never confused in doing any typical work, in fact I enjoy to do typical work and try to learn something from it. I never compare myself with my co-workers, as I think to do maximum work which I can do. I had enjoyed through out my carrier of 31 year and I never ignored to do any kind of work.

its very nice

work experience in sbi is worth. SBI is biggest bank in the world. I have worked in the various capicity and have more than 35 years experience in this line of activity.

Pros

ahmedabad

Cons

8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2