State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews in Chennai, Tamil Nadu

It was a one month internship at SBI bank

Internship at SBI was very helpful and I learned a lot of things over my internship of 1month. I felt really lucky to go and work in the local head office of SBI. I visited many branches and took feedback from the people and overall it was a great experience

Confitent and permanat work,enjoying the palce in sbi

Sbi is confident work place,any work Iam finished only and successfull the work Thank tou sbi !....State bank of india

Pros

Free work and confident

Cons

Limited work

Excellent Job Satisfaction

A typical day at State Bank of India starts with a crowd of people standing in front of you to enquire about their bank balance details. There will be a lot of work but you can derive a lot of satisfaction out of it. If you step out of your bank branch, people will respect you to the core. You will be like a celebrity in that town. This is the situation in a rural branch of State Bank of India.

Decent compensation but heavy work

The bank provides decent compensation to employees. But work life balance is seriously off and heavy work load is there. Frequent transfers and other bottlenecks in the job create frustration in employees.

Banking Sector

Conversion of a different functional building into a training centre with careful planning and supported with Consultant interface Good interaction between management and staff

Prestige Institution.

Amble opportunities for learn every aspect in Banking. Highly supportive from Management side and peers side. Working atmosphere is very good. Opportunity to work in Rural, Semi Urban and Metro locations.

Pros

Good salary among Nationalised Banks.

Cons

Promotion opportunities were limited.

Great opportunity to work and learn and for career advancement

State Bank of India ( SBI ) , is the biggest bank in India and it has more than 20000 retail branches all over India and other countries including USA . SBI is a very strong bank and it gives a great opportunity to grow to all its employees .

Pros

Excellent training and product knowledge .

Right place for a secured job

The type of work varies according to the situations. Lot of oppertunity to learn various types of bank work. Work place atmosphere depends on the size of the branch and the extent of work.

Best place To work

Got good motivated and hard working employee and understanding and supporting branch manager& staff. Good environment and place to learn and grow. chance to meet the exciting people everyday

Pros

rkers

Good place to work as lots of freedom is enjoyed.

Attending to various demands&banking needs of customers.Continuos learning experience by problem solving .Management is very proactive and clear goal setting makes the job enjoyable. Hardest partof the job-transfers to arious places. Freedom and enormous powers enjoyed as manager.

Pros

Medical benefits

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Bank of India?

interesting and heavy

Managing Customers, facing their demands, managing employees, statutory obligations etc are interesting and sametime heavy also.

Nice, rewarding

Too much of scope to learn things. Unless congenial atmosphere prevails at the workplace, there will not be productive results. Most enthusive work atmosphere and nice rewarding.

An ideal women job

At the bank it is a typical 10 to 5 job. I was able to manage both work and home. I used to come across all sorts of customer and was able to manage handling them pretty well. I got exposure to handling all kinds of adhoc requests from customers. I had excellent co worker support. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied customer walking out of the branch with a smile on their face.

Pros

job security, recognition

Cons

cash balance at eod, handling psycology of all kinds of customers

Friendly atmosphere & good work nature

I learn How to manage Customers.I develop my confident Level.And also our management fully support me.But due to my personal works i have to came to Madurai.

Pros

Good Incentive

Cons

I felt very happy in all respects

I have learned how to survive in competitive environment, how to work in any crisis management, how to plan to succeed in different situation, how to win in the process of budget and planning in any level, how to impress customers of the institution, how to reach all sections of people, how to perform exceedingly well with others and how to co-ordinate with top management.

Pros

Managed all tasks with timely planning and suitable strategies

Cons

Never felt anything like that.

The experience with SBI is challenging as well as enjoyable

Major time spent on interaction with customers, addressing their requirements which are multifold. Meeting the builders. Extracting the requisite work from the subordinates. Every day is the hardest day and at the end of the day most enjoyable as well.

Pros

good working atmosphere

Cons

nil

Growth as you grow

Excellent opportunity to grow Rewarding for your hard work Honesty always pays Competition is high Training facilities to equip

Pros

Freebies

Cons

Time constraints in goal setting

productive and growth ensured work culture

comfortable work nature flexible and cooperating co workers opportunity for personal growth secured job and pensions after retirement

Productive Workplace.

Reviewing & verifying last day transactions. Authorization of daily transactions. Meeting prospective clients for the banking products especially corporate assets as well as cross selling of bank associated insurance, mutual funds. Portfolio management of HNI accounts. Meetings with Branch head as well as regional head. I had two years probation period where we were delegated in all departments of the bank. Our co workers are all technically qualified personnel whose support was a great boon to me. My branch head and regional heads have pushed me a lot and help me reach my goals at the scheduled time. Footfall in the branch is huge as it is the largest bank in the country and mainly a government sector bank. The most enjoyable part was the meetings with HNI customers. They would share their experiences in their business ventures. Closing a business with them is the most cherishing moment for me the day.

Pros

Improvisation, We have our say at the meetings, Not much pressure to reach targets

Cons

Footfall is huge and staff is less, Salaries and perks are low, No performanced linked bonus.

Knowledgable and interactive Internship

My experience with the company was pretty straight forward. I was instructed and advised on technologies that were not taught to me before. Being a financial sector project, we had a good exposure to finance and economics background making the job easier. Being a student coming from engineering background, it was interesting to learn something very different. I also had the opportunity to mentor a few of the undergraduate students on the technologies I worked on before completing my internship.

excellent in productivity

I learned hard work,sincerity,dedication,devotion to duty and honesty and rich experience. Very kind hearted management with concern for organisation as well as for employees. co-workers good and bad customer satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of the job Deserving proposals could not be considered favourably for want of numbers and convincing the applicant is the hardest part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2