State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

A good organization to start your career

Everything is good. Except Work and Family life balancing. No personal life or time to spend with family. You are required to work on holidays and weekends too. You may be recruited for a specified post and forced to work in 2 totally different desk at the same time. Number of employees are decreasing day by day and work pressure as well as target is very very high.

Its a worst place to work with for a strait forward honest person

Its a office politics management not human resources Exploiting the humans on the name of job security No human resource only maska resource working Zero work life balance Worst organisation of India

Cons

No off

Bad organization

Zero work life balance, high politics, unethical means to achieve sales targets of life and general insurance and mutual funds. Frequent transfers and postings. Poor work culture.

Stressful workplace, no work-life balance

A typical day at work is too strenuous, stressful, fast-paced only for workaholics, no work for those who don't give their best output, no appreciation from the department heads, no work-life balance, payment doesn't match with the risks taken, poor work culture, no job satisfaction, poor work place maintenance, poor manager-subordinates attitude, no job equality, tedious job with a lot of manual labor, poor infrastructure especially the banking software provided, aims only for the quantity of work instead of the quality of work, no peace at work place, ineffective management

Good workplace good environment and massive network

Got to work on Managerial post in Currency Chest Branches and Rural Branches Got to work on responsible post during Demonetization period. Got to work closely with customers and helped them in their day to day transaction. Got to Prepare month-end reports for branches and helped to identify and resolve problems that occurred Got to play key role in several banking transactions and Branch operations Gained practical Knowledge in various fields, like- General Banking, Loans and Advances, Finance, Government Transactions, etc.

Pros

Many perks and Allowances

Cons

Long hours of never ending work

The work environment there is good but slow paced and there is nothing new to learn and enhance any knowledgeable skills. There I've learned about finance field but not any thing new.

Excellent Job Satisfaction

A typical day at State Bank of India starts with a crowd of people standing in front of you to enquire about their bank balance details. There will be a lot of work but you can derive a lot of satisfaction out of it. If you step out of your bank branch, people will respect you to the core. You will be like a celebrity in that town. This is the situation in a rural branch of State Bank of India.

High salary and perquisites

No job satisfaction. Transferrable job. No work/life balance. Leave,salary and other monetary benefits are good. But otherwise, no holistic growth of employees and very stereotypical job. Working hours are also not proper. Most of the time, one has to sit till 9 or 10 at night and attend office even on holidays. Staff is always overloaded with work and they are compelled to do cross selling of products of their subsidiary companies, which at times leads to mis-selling owing to the target pressure and the race to be the best. Overall, it is not the ideal organisation for knowledge driven and career oriented individuals.

Pros

High salary, leave and other monetary benefits

Cons

Long working hours, stereotypical, transferrable job, lack of job satisfaction

It was the hardest part of the job.

This was the hardest part of the job as it was full of responsibilities and hardships. As I was assigned the job of Accountant and Field Officer for Agriculture Loans in a quite unknown area of Bundelkhand,it seemed very difficult for me to adjust according to the Circumstance.But I am happy to see that I managed the things successfully.

Pros

Higher salary and perks, Better chances of Further Promotions, Better Retirement Benifits.

Cons

Higher resposibility, unlimited working hours, no leaves and extensive field survey work in the remote villages of Bundelkhand Area.

Nice

It is enjoyable when good people work with you. Customers are in huge numbers and all needs to be satisfied , we try our best but still they complain. We take it as a feedback and work upon it.

Good working environment with job security

The staff are very helpful. The workplace is good. The job itself is very challenging. Provides opportunities to learn everyday. It has good training programs.

Giant of indian banking sector

SBI is the one of the largest bank in India. Number one in terms of customer base and penetration in banking sector. Once it served as a central bank to the Government before RESERVE BANK OF INDIA established. Only thing why employees of this giant think to leave is wrost work life balance.

Pros

Ambience

Cons

Wrost work life balance.

productive and career improvement

SBI has very good worklplace culture.i have learnt the customer servi ce, managing the customer and the hardest part of my job is achieve housing loan achievement.

The bank where you can learn banking and also serve the nation

State Bank is the largest bank in India which gives you an opportunity to work in any location in India across different sectors and also serve the nation.

Nice place to work

Learnt about the banking systems and procedures, customer handling and services. Average working hours 9-10/day Management is good but can be better. Coworkers are supportive. Currently longer working hours are the hardest part.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Long hours, Less remuneration

Constructive environment

I have been working with the bank for last 3 years and Indeed I'm happy. I've never been supported like I'm being supported by the management at my previous jobs. State Bank of India has this unique management culture. Plus work environment is vigourously different. Its a universal bank they say, and they do walk on talk.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Salary

Good exposures

The job gives you a great learning curve but you have to ready for immense work pressure. Usually there is long working hours with occasional cancelled holidays. But the bank hosts the brightest brains in Credit and forex, so you may have a great opportunity to learn stuff

Pros

Exposure, Benefits and remuneration

Cons

Work life balance

Over crowded and unmanageable work

I have joined this bank as my second career. The poor management at branches and with out proper training and work knowledge staff is forced to work and take risk and has to face people's angers and displeaser. The above facts force me to seek change my present job

Pros

Job security

Cons

Long hours and very poor management at rural branches

Competitive and fast paced environment.

Competitive and fast paced environment. Typical day at work usually goes by addressing customer concerns by interacting with them. Giving them insights on how to better theyre credit score and plan for their future financially.

Good

Need an elevation for my career Got excellent experience working at corporate office of SBI and even branches. All that I need now is an elevation in career as I feel I can achieve more if offered the correct path.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Vast exposure but poor mgmt

Vast exposure but poor mgmt. Work life balance is poor Rural and semi urban postings can be difficult for many people used to urban lifestyle Heavy rush in branches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2