State Bank of India logo
State Bank of India

State Bank of India Pay & Benefits reviews: Assistant Manager

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

It was the hardest part of the job.

This was the hardest part of the job as it was full of responsibilities and hardships. As I was assigned the job of Accountant and Field Officer for Agriculture Loans in a quite unknown area of Bundelkhand,it seemed very difficult for me to adjust according to the Circumstance.But I am happy to see that I managed the things successfully.

Pros

Higher salary and perks, Better chances of Further Promotions, Better Retirement Benifits.

Cons

Higher resposibility, unlimited working hours, no leaves and extensive field survey work in the remote villages of Bundelkhand Area.

High salary and perquisites

No job satisfaction. Transferrable job. No work/life balance. Leave,salary and other monetary benefits are good. But otherwise, no holistic growth of employees and very stereotypical job. Working hours are also not proper. Most of the time, one has to sit till 9 or 10 at night and attend office even on holidays. Staff is always overloaded with work and they are compelled to do cross selling of products of their subsidiary companies, which at times leads to mis-selling owing to the target pressure and the race to be the best. Overall, it is not the ideal organisation for knowledge driven and career oriented individuals.

Pros

High salary, leave and other monetary benefits

Cons

Long working hours, stereotypical, transferrable job, lack of job satisfaction

Nice place to work

Learnt about the banking systems and procedures, customer handling and services. Average working hours 9-10/day Management is good but can be better. Coworkers are supportive. Currently longer working hours are the hardest part.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Long hours, Less remuneration

Constructive environment

I have been working with the bank for last 3 years and Indeed I'm happy. I've never been supported like I'm being supported by the management at my previous jobs. State Bank of India has this unique management culture. Plus work environment is vigourously different. Its a universal bank they say, and they do walk on talk.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Salary

Good exposures

The job gives you a great learning curve but you have to ready for immense work pressure. Usually there is long working hours with occasional cancelled holidays. But the bank hosts the brightest brains in Credit and forex, so you may have a great opportunity to learn stuff

Pros

Exposure, Benefits and remuneration

Cons

Work life balance

Average life style

Very secured job. Salary and benefits are just Ok. People are nice. HR policies need to be improved. Work life total imbalanced.

Pros

Secured job

Cons

Work life imbalance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2