State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

Good

Good for long term. Good opportunity for the growth at State bank of India. Senior Mangement is very supportive and provides guidance. Appreciate for the hard work done.

Productive and competitive workplace with multiple options to grow

It is one of the best organisation to work with. It gives ample opportunities to grow, succeed and develop in every sphere of life. It helps in enhancing skills and encourages to maintain work-life balance.

Pros

appreciation of hard work and morale strengthening

Cons

unregulated working hours

No work life balance

Work life balance is poor . We can manage the work load at the Branch , but most of our time will be wasting for creation of reports to higher offices .

It's my own personal view

To my open, performance is always linked to resources and opportunities. A good performer in one environment may not be definite in a different environment Swimmer in deep sea could not swim in a oiasis

Overall job is not satisfactory

I belong to muslim community and as per islamic law non islamic bank job is not allowed so I want job in islamic bank so I can easily follow my relugion rules.

Long hours , Mismanaged, Understaffed

Adequate staff not provided&many branches are working with1 Manager working as LOAN OFFICER, ACCOUNTANT,BRANCH MANAGER,INSURANCE & MUTUAL FUNDS AGENT.

Pros

job security and good salary perks

Cons

Long hours, Mismanaged, Understaffed

Carrer opportunity more

Work environment fine. Through team work anyone can face any challenges come in the day to day work. Brand equity gives everyone a respect in the society which gives us feeling of proud.

Pros

Work life balance is not available.

Cons

Nil

Worst company to work with

No work life balance Tremendous pressure No human consideration I have found nothing to mention as a positive think about SBI.Not worth to work in this organisation

Not a place for growth

Growing by potential is negligible.Nothing to contribute our own.Management say,we obey.No scope of freedom at work.No way to express concerns about organisation.Of course there are tools on line.But the one who expressed concerns will be targeted and harassed.Altogether a trap for the one who enter the organisation as its presumed to be the best white collar job.

Though job security is high, work life balance is deplorable.

It is a leading organisation with innovative banking platform with lot of scope to learn. Employees are supposed to do multi level, multi tasks and challenging issues which are sometimes formidable too. Too many procedural formalities to get the process completed for which customers may not be willing to wait in this competitive market.

Pros

Primier bank to work. Decent salary and perks.

Cons

Long closing hours, family life gets disturbed due to compulsory transfer policy.

job satisfaction, handsome salary ,experianced management

self satisfactory, productive & fruitful job satisfaction work. i am very much proud to be state bank family member. very good management, technically progressive.

Fun place

job security but not a fun place to work. HR needs to be more considerate for employee problems. Overall attitude towards female co- workers is very pessimistic and conventional. Good workers have no incentive to work better and are treated at par with people who shun work.

Pros

job security

Cons

pathetic HR policies

Excellent culture and enjoyable work experience

Work at SBI was very enriching , full of fun and job culture was satisfying. The management is considerate , job security and promotions satisfactory.

Pros

Job security and salary benefits + perks

Cons

Transfers, long working hours

too much work load

• Manage around 3000 customers strength with all banking services which are allotted from SBI Main Branch to Kiosk Branch like account opening, cash deposit and withdrawals, open RD accounts, FD accounts, SIP’s, HI, GI, LI business, mutual funds products and Loan products

Pros

brand value

Cons

work load

Banker to every Indian

100+ years old bank with superior system and procedure. Digitalising Indian customers at an affordable cost. One of the heritage of Indian banking industry.

Productive and prgressive with job pleasure.

During my entire 34 years of service, I have had a great pleasure in experiencing suitable work culture, colleague friendly and team building ness. I always felt at home, because my colleagues and my reporting authority and higher Officials are most coherent and cooperative as and when I was in my need for my Bank work and me my family needs.

Pros

Adequate salary and appreciable perks

Cons

Extended long hours work(not so cumbersome)

Secure Job and Challenging

SBI one of the best banks in the world provides job security, perks, allowances ,etc. It will expose you to the different aspects of life from interacting with the CEO of a company to a village farmer. As far as work is concerned, you will be given the opportunity to test your leadership and management skills at an young age as you will be posted as a manager in one of the branches. The most beautiful part is the recognition, respect and satisfaction you get in serving the customers. The most challenging aspect is to frequent transfers and relocations .

Pros

Job Satisfaction, Job Security

Cons

Frequent Transfers

all are equal

while working in this company, i saw that even if you are working smarter and putting extra effort to ensure that all goals are achieved, at the end of the day, you will be in the same line with all your counterparts either your say for promotions or for take home pay.

Pros

respect in the society

Cons

no personal life forget about social

Branch Manager

My total banking service is 25 years, i have worked in retail banking, credit deptt, general banking & branch manager at various stages and all most worked in all banking department.

Overall,a mixed experienece

The career advancement was only for those with godfathers.Otherwise,i found a series of issues with HR.The consideration for female employees was not something i expected which led me to quitting.But the most fun part was meeting a variety of people.

Work while you learn

At SBI you learn everyday. You face new challenges, exchange ideas, gain knowledge, groom yourself for the future and seek career advancement. You grow up to be a true leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Compare State Bank of India with

• State Bank of India
  • Branch Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?