State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

It has benn excellent ti be an employee thereat

At saharanpur, branch staff and officers Cleared pendung jobs wirked as an excelkent team work Recivery, colkection and investments level increased. Officers and staff at Air Force station came in more frequency because ex-air force SNCO joined the branch. 2. DELHI Sadar bazar branch, surpassed target in all sectors, advances, investments investment,

Pros

Nothing unusal

Cons

Nothing unsusal

Job security, but poor work life balance and apathetic work environment

Working at SBI, you have job security. However, that results in people not willing to pull their weight at work. There is no concept of work life balance if you are in a branch environment. The BM will expect you to sit till 7-8pm at night, even if you are a female employee in the rural postings. The BM and RM will expect you to work on consecutive weekends.

Salary varies every month according to the DA change in India. Increment in Basic Pay is also there in every year.

Being the largest nationalised bank, SBI provides more employment opportunities every year . It is most secured job in India. Promotion opportunities to the higher grades are there.

Best organisation to work for.

SBI is a very good organisation to work for. My long experience of working with SBI is very nice and deserving. The work culture and the co-operation between the co-workers are excellent. I had met with an accident in which, I totally lost my past memory. But thanks to the culture of SBI, I never felt out of place and I learnt the things without undergoing any training etc. Really very nice place to work for your betterment. Very little bossism and free to work at your pace. Of course all SBI employees are very fast in their work compared to other organisations I have seen. Promotion prospects is also very good. Now the incentive culture has been cropped. Above all SBI is my No.1 choice for working where I have worked more than 33 years.

Pros

No bossism, freedom of work & lot of co-operation from fellow employees

Cons

Little nepotism and politics is there.

Decent compensation but heavy work

The bank provides decent compensation to employees. But work life balance is seriously off and heavy work load is there. Frequent transfers and other bottlenecks in the job create frustration in employees.

Transferrable job yet each workplace is comfortable.

Have worked for 36 years for State Bank Of India. Couldn't ask for better. It provides with all sorts of financial benefits and very high job security. However, workload can become extremely exhausting at times. Decent pay, nothing extravagant but at the end of the day, I was satisfied for working for a Bank that serves the masses.

Pros

A lot of people who can help you out during work. Provides Lunch.

Cons

Extreme work pressure.

Job security is the main factor

In State Bank of India, I dealt with the loan department. Mainly the retail segment like Car loans, housing loans, mortgage loans, two wheeler loans etc

Productive workplace

Learned alot as Deputy Manager. Assisted and managed staff in achievement of organizational goals and self development of employees. Helped Branch Manager in enhancing customer base, market sementation

Practices in the organization doesn't allow for reaching the vision of the organization

Organization of work force at ground level is required. Clear cut roles should be laid out. Should ensure that the work load is not being borne by one or two persons in a unit while the others are coasting.

Pros

Job security and career advancement

Cons

Very poor work/life balance. Unreasonably heavy work load.

Excellent place to work

I learned a lot in Banking during my stay at the Bank. I had exposure in quite a many areas like General Banking, Personal Advances, Commercial Banking, Branch Banking etc. It was fun to work with SBI.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Bank of India?

Overall the best organisation rated with utmost transparency, customer friendly, trustworthy.

Organisation is best of its kind with confidence of public and private sectors. Handles Govt. transactions and operations with first one to take up as lead bank. All in one services.

Pros

Cons

Long hours working

Positive in HR

The best Bank in India to work. Work environment is good. Management is good. Business policy es excellent. System of financing was good. Technology was latest

Pros

very good management

Cons

Transer policy not good

Productive and good culture

Excellent, supportive Management and adequate training programs from time to time for developing of skills. Job rotation for enhancing skills in every field.

good workplace

work diversified, everyone should learn everything, Identifying appropriate person for approriate work is lacking... else very good manageent. Good infrastructure to work. The hardest part of the job is thinking about the work 24x7. The most enjoyable part of the job is Marketing and Sales of Personal Banking a good feeling that I am working in a top Bank

Pros

good infrasructure working environment

Cons

long and late hours working

Largest Indian Bank

State Bank of India is a largest bank in India and completed all Basel Norms It will help to move into International Trade.SLR and CRR always maintained. I enjoyed a lot continuously 34 years SBI serves poor with their various low interest

Pros

always cares all individuals, company, staff

Cons

less staff

The work place is good and provide opportunities to progress

Job allows me to interact with new people on daily basis and solve their problems and queries related to banking and finance and investment of thier funds.

Pros

Goodwill of company

Cons

Unlimited Work timings

Good work culture.

SBI is a brand that needs no advertisements. However the working condition of employees is not that great. You have to remain prepared 24×7 to meet the arbitrary demands of customers, management and government. If you like to finish your work then there is no end of day. But despite hard work there is satisfaction when you help the needy. There is a handsome salary and a good fraternity. If you like money and stability go for it. But if you wish a balanced life style.....then.......think before you join.

Pros

Perks

Cons

Productivity and work culture is excellent.

State Bank is a brand value in Global Banking scenerio. Proud of being a staff of this Great Organisation having largest no. of Branches in any Bank of the world. Amazing Management staff.

Pros

Unlimited medical facilities including family members

Cons

Branch location in remote corner of India.

very secure job for female with pension benefits and more perquisites with attractive salary.

I enjoyed very much while performing my duties.SBI is a great place to build your career with ample genuine support from everyone.Most enjoyable part was when I satisfy any customer ,..........that was a wow moment for me. Thanks!

Pros

petrol allowance and leased house.

Cons

Transfer policy.

Macro Management

We need typical management skills to controll and run branch operations. Legacy issues are a hindrance but the bank is well equipped technologically to overcome the same. We need to have Good learning skill as products are very fast changing and every other day there is new thing coming up.

Pros

Public sector job

Cons

Man power.

not a place you wanna work

Worst place to work.. no work life balance.. management is so insensitive that they keep on pressuring staff for unnecessary things.. all the data given by sbi regarding their organisatin is total fraud.. if there is a chance of CAG audit this bank will bite dust.. lot of bad loans are just because of managements pressure.. there is even pressure for cross selling jst becz management gets huge commission on this.. insurance policies are done without even taking the customers consent.. poor people are being looted by this bank

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2