State Bank of India

State Bank of India Pay & Benefits reviews: Deputy Manager

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Transferrable job yet each workplace is comfortable.

Have worked for 36 years for State Bank Of India. Couldn't ask for better. It provides with all sorts of financial benefits and very high job security. However, workload can become extremely exhausting at times. Decent pay, nothing extravagant but at the end of the day, I was satisfied for working for a Bank that serves the masses.

Pros

A lot of people who can help you out during work. Provides Lunch.

Cons

Extreme work pressure.

Decent compensation but heavy work

The bank provides decent compensation to employees. But work life balance is seriously off and heavy work load is there. Frequent transfers and other bottlenecks in the job create frustration in employees.

Good work culture.

SBI is a brand that needs no advertisements. However the working condition of employees is not that great. You have to remain prepared 24×7 to meet the arbitrary demands of customers, management and government. If you like to finish your work then there is no end of day. But despite hard work there is satisfaction when you help the needy. There is a handsome salary and a good fraternity. If you like money and stability go for it. But if you wish a balanced life style.....then.......think before you join.

Pros

Perks

Cons

Poor Management with even Poorer HR policies.

While the job as an officer is enjoyable initially(i.e while you are in probation), it becomes difficult after confirmation, and its not because the job is difficult. Sure, there are challenges but what makes it unlikable is the support from management. Its a one way traffic from top. 1. Posting's are done arbitrarily( the farther you are from home the better it is seems to be the motto). No due consideration given even on family grounds. 2.Working on holidays and late sitting has become a norm. 3. IT system of the bank is average at best, with frequent glitches and down time of software's. 4. While you are supposed to finish customers work instantly, there is no time frame for finishing staff's work. A small work such as getting a bill passed can take ages. Other things such as salary and perks are decent, though not great. You can make good contacts if you are smart. And respect of working with SBI is still there in society and market.

Excellent employer

SBI is a great place to work if your are ready to move very often and ready to change your roles very regularly. The company gives good salary and better prospects to rise up the organizational hierarchy.

Pros

Good employer

Cons

Frequent transfers

tight workplace

Having to deal with less educated and ignorant customers,undefined working hours ,and salary not commensurate with the effort being put are the major drawbacks of present job.

Pros

medical benefits, paid holidays

Cons

undefined working hours, no work life balance

Public Sector Bank

Good benefits. Great place to learn and advance your career. Barriers to entry are high. Job security for life. Best in class technology products. Sincere and transparent co-workers.

Banking job - stepping to BFSI sector

The work is back breaking work. Learned many skills from junior and senior skills, interpersonal relations and advancement in career. Management was restricted to local Manager and some assignments were independent like Branch Manager, Sales Team Head etc. Work place was admixture of all of sorts. Satisfying of customers who had faced hardships on account of errors due to previous incumbents. Secure job.

Pros

Benefits like LFC, medical facilities and others cultural events etc.

Cons

Long hours and back breaking work.

A good learning organisation

It was a great learning institution enabling me to shape mind, improve thought processes and overall personality development. It is a culture among employees to help each other in case of need. It is pioneer in CSR activities which enhanced my esteem. SBI executives command respect among govt officials and public at large.Working hours are long and monotonous.It is a better work place than many public/private sector companies.

Pros

Ethics and Values

Cons

Low salary

My superannuation made me retire

I loved my job I am healthy and can discharge my duties for further 10 yrs minimum No commitments hence can migrate to any place if remuneration is good

Pros

Accommodation

fun

I used to mix up with my staff as a friend and take work. it could never be felt by my staff that I am their senior. I used to take challenges and accepeted in a positive manner.

Pros

all allowances

top psu

very ,punchual, handsome salary, very nicemanagement, advanced, job security. working with s,b.i is very nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2