State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews for Manager

The review has covered overall points.

The SBI job gives me an opportunity to learn in the fields of credits, forex, behavior, communication skills, compliance and job satisfaction in different atmosphere. It helps to improve my performance at works in decision making as well as in my personal life. It really enhances the problem solving capacity. Follow up the system and procedures will make you more safe and secure.

Job at state bank of india is good but not exciting

At state bank of india you are working and getting paid so as to run your life just to make both ends meet.There is no such incentive to encourage you and your work.

great place to grow

Fantastic in terms of salary and perks. Fantastic in promotions and learning. Poor in work life balance for sincere employees. Promotions are time bound.

Social interactions were rare earlier.I myself suggested .

I suggested at several occasions incld,6-7 traing programs ,with a detailed note on social- gathering of staff, to extend a belongingness of the Bank with staff.M

Good compensation but heavy work ...

Have to deal with many customers of the Bank. Learned dealing with varied customer needs. Excellent Management. Workplace culture is average. Dealing with difficult customers is the hardest part of the job.

Stressful workplace

Place you have to work without proper staff. Management focus changes many times in a day. Many unethical taks has to do for achieving number as per wish Of superiors. No recognition for dedication and honest worker

Prestigious and good organisation with positive work culture

Coming early and leaving a bit late makes the routine comfortable. Have learnt that customers come in different sizes and have to be dealt with accordingly. A cool disposition and a warm smile can help in developing good customer relationship. Staff management is very crucial in the smooth functioning of a branch. Appreciation for good work must be given and dereliction of one's duties not to be accepted. The workplace culture at SBI is encouraging and comfortable. There is a sense of pride working for the biggest bank in India. The perks and allowances are one of the best in the banking industry.The hardest part of the job is to deal with the stress generated. Achieving targets, staff management, smooth running of the branch, hardware and software problems etc., can be energy sapping but enjoyable too. Yoga and music have been a great help. The most enjoyable part is winning the trust and confidence of the customers and being a part of the SBI family.

Secure employment but with issues

A good place to work with good benefits but undue pressure, senseless management and lot of inefficiency. Working like a govt. company but wanting pvt sector like results.

Pros

Benefits and packages

Cons

Inefficient HR. Long distance transfers to difficult areas

Okay

Decent organisation to work in. Work pressure in banking industry is at the peak so one really can't blame the organisation.But the work culture is very orthodox and inefficient.

A challenging work environment

- a typical day at work We usually open at 10.00 am. We receive and serve customers up to 4.00 pm with a lunch break of half an hour. We attend to back office work from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm. - What I learned Customer service, Branch / Region management, Loan appraisal and monitoring, Deposit mobilization, Operations management - management Friend, philosopher and guide - Workplace culture Friendly and mutually supporting - the hardest part of the job None - the most enjoyable part of the job The customer taking leave with a smile on his face

Pros

The pride of serving in a Bank ranking in the top 50 Banks in the world, Opportunity to serve in the world wide net work, Varied work opportunities, A Bank in the service of the biggest corporate as well as the the smallest man, Best compensation package in the industry

Struggling Bank

The Bank is having lack of vision and is presently disoriented. The HR is the biggest cuplrit in this as it has not been able to make and implement best practices. Banking Industry relies heavily on human capital which is not nurtured and encouraged to experiment. Too much bureaucracy.

I worked at State Bank of India [SBI] full time for last 19 years. I worked in different segments of Banking viz., Rural banking [Agriculture], Retail banking [Personal segment & Small Business finance] and Corporate Banking. We, in SBI, have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge through customized training programmes. These training programmes help to understand various concepts related to Banking like Risk Management, Capital Adequacy/Basel Norms etc. The promotion policy of the Bank has improved in the recent years. People get promotions on a regular basis, based on their experience and performance. Salary Benefits and other perks [travel allowance, leave fare concession etc.] are good, but not on a higher side as compared to other Government organisations/departments. Looking to the work pressure and the commitment required to meet the expectations of the top management, the compensation is low. SBI is a brand in itself and the main benefit is the job security.

Pros

Good in terms of getting exposure in various facets of banking, Risky at times when given responsibilities of currency chest, ATM or loans

Cons

Repetitive work, Work culture not so good, Poor HR practices and stagnant career growth. Also, there is no fixed line of specialization.

slow growth no specialisation

Very Slow Growth, good for regular graduates, not meant for MBA's absolutely no specialization. Work culture is horrible and HR is absolutely clueless no match between skills and role

Working with State Bank of India is enriching since SBI is among the world's top 50 Banks.

Working with SBI is a diversified experience. A typical day at work beings at 09:30 hrs. dealing with variety of customers, providing banking facilities as per employee's assigned role and completing all ancillary tasks till 18:30 hrs. in the evening. A State Bank officer is a jack of all trades in Banking arena viz. , Branch Management, Retail Banking, Retail Advances, Credit Analysis of Corporate Advances, IT, Customer Services, Vigilance and Disciplinary actions, Human Resources etc. The work culture at SBI is one of the best in India. The hardest part of the Job of an SBI officer is poor work life balance and the most enjoyable part is that being an SBI officer enables you to be more dynamic, tolerant and seasoned personality.

Pros

Perks

Cons

Unending hours of work

Productive and fun workplace

Accounting \ finance position with a growing organization which will utilize my accounting, financial reporting, investment knowledge to supporting company goals and offer opportunities and advancement .

Pros

Free lunches and others.

Cons

Short hours .

It's a good bank and provide a good job satisfaction. The largest bank of India and the most busiest bank. It also gives a lot of incentive to its employees.

It is wonderful institute

It is one of the india's bigest financial institute.Having a strong training system in the banking. It is poineering in changing the system and procedures.The best in security systems

Pros

Many perks

Cons

Long and contineous public dealing

Extremely exhaustive training, good practical training,

Nice place to be especially if you enter as a probationary officer, good social acceptance and rapport. Pan india presence of the institute. Long working hours at times. Gruelling working conditions at times. Good perks

Pros

Perks

Cons

Undefined work hours

Hard working. Work is worship.

I wanted to do the job in banking sector with my choice. I cooperate all my collegues, who will provide me assistance for the growth of company. As per best of my capacity time punctuality will be my good arm.

Pros

Free lunch and medical facility.

Cons

6-8 hours

A big learning experience

SBI being the mammoth of indian banking industry, helped me grow and shape to become a person that i am today. Busted all the myths with regards to a typical PSU. Highly competitive

Pros

A lot to learn overall development with all aspects of banking

Cons

Transfers

A typical day at work

I am Good Hardman This is Himalyan Nature I love this nature Than I will Choose this loCation For this job . Grant me job in this place . Thanking You

Pros

Free Cofee.

Cons

Medium Hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2