State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Reviews

Brand value very high in society

SBI have very good brand value in society but staff not well performing duty at bank even they not honest in sale of bank products. Customer not happy with bank

Pros

Job security & Good brand value

Cons

Long hors, officers not honest for customars

Good salary and good organization

But your work in the organization and your achievement is based on your supervising authority. You are required to do compulsory insurance sales even against your will, otherwise you will face a hard time for promotion. All the higher authorities care mainly about the bonuses resulting from insurance and cross selling sales, they care less about core business.

Pros

good perks

Cons

overtime work even on holidays without compensation

Its a worst place to work with for a strait forward honest person

Its a office politics management not human resources Exploiting the humans on the name of job security No human resource only maska resource working Zero work life balance Worst organisation of India

Cons

No off

Workload with fun

Someday there will be too much workload Or someday it will be fun. You will really enjoy solving customer problems. All employees were helpful to each other so work is distributed equally

Pros

Parties, diwali gifts, bonus

Cons

Too much work load

We had to extract fun and amusement within the job period.

Due to shortage of staff almost all the day we had to work beyond office hour without over time which developed fatigue among us. Thus work life and family life hardly balanced. Inter personal relationship among the co-workers was good. Fruitful training system was not imparted, thus lack of knowledge could not help support better customer service. Fruitful audit system never looked to introduced for betterment of the institution. Still I love my previous institution as it gave me everything I have.

Pros

Despite huge trace we enjoyed work

Cons

The expertise earned never reflected in job promotion.

Very stressful, hectic, round the clock working, not supportive staff

Worst place to work with. Atleast 12 hours per day working without growth and satisfaction with constantly decreasing health. Your all leaves will lapsed but you are not able to use a single leave. Domination, superiority, bossism. Many of the managers don't have basic management skills

Pros

Only salary

Cons

Except salary everything

Productive and job satisfaction

Work life balance and good environment and mental satisfaction. Staff support from top and low level management... Transfers was also comfortable.. Residing facilities and other fringe facilities was also good

Pros

Nil

Cons

In some days long hours worked

Data entry oprator

It's was so difficult work, but my staff was helping me so thank you all of you for supporting me and sbi is best platform to work or public sefty bank.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

A bank with good organisational culture

A great experience at State Bank of India..A learning experience..An organisation with excellent coporate governance and organisational values..Leadership excellence

Pros

PF and pension twin benefits

Bad organization

Zero work life balance, high politics, unethical means to achieve sales targets of life and general insurance and mutual funds. Frequent transfers and postings. Poor work culture.

Specialist cadre 3 years experience

It's a bureaucratic company. Because of job security, many of it's employees don't work. For experienced specialist cadre people there is no career path. One may get small break from busy corporate life for some job security. Good thing is nobody would sack you from the job even if you don't work! Specialist cadre people are not treated well. Many foreign posting of specialist cadre, only their regular cadre people are considered. As per the typical set up, there is no reward for smart and hard work. For performance appraisal too, they have year based approach. Where do they give weightage to meritocracy over year spent and reservation??

Pros

Government Secured Job

Cons

Bureaucratic culture, No rewards for performance

Correct it is a fun and good luck to work with this institution.

I worked with the company for so many years. The company is very cooperative with the public and maintains a very strong reputation. It is playing a very important role in the individual as well as the community's uplift and development. In short a great company or financial institution.

Pros

No free lunch but helpful in developing the people.

Cons

I can't say . It is necessity of the hour.

Productivity Result

Good in productivity, good in communication Skill and fast service provided. Good Environment and behavior also among all the internal stuff of this bank.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hour

Excellent and most enjoyable

Good and excellent company state Bank of India job is really oasom. This company is very great opportunity to work my carrier build .This work my really dream job.

Pros

Good company to work and grow as per the need.

Cons

Too much pressure of sales .

Job security, but poor work life balance and apathetic work environment

Working at SBI, you have job security. However, that results in people not willing to pull their weight at work. There is no concept of work life balance if you are in a branch environment. The BM will expect you to sit till 7-8pm at night, even if you are a female employee in the rural postings. The BM and RM will expect you to work on consecutive weekends.

Good

State bank of india is very large bank in india ..Everyday almost 20 account opening and all government transactions are done in this bank a huge experiance of customr service and ..Verey good experiance about financia transactions .....All types of banking jobs I hav e during my job period ...

Pros

Fual .. Entertaimnt....Allowances

Cons

Short breaks ..

Confitent and permanat work,enjoying the palce in sbi

Sbi is confident work place,any work Iam finished only and successfull the work Thank tou sbi !....State bank of india

Pros

Free work and confident

Cons

Limited work

Benefits and Salary Packages

I was stationed at a Loan processing centre of State Bank. There are various departments. I was allocated to the SME department for about 3 years. Learned a lot about Cash Credit accounts, Term Loans, and other Business products available at the time. Managing Non Performing Assets was the biggest challenge. The next 2 years I was moved over to the Retail branch. Dealt with Education Loans, Car loans, Personal loans and Housing Loans and the like. Main priority was disbursing education and housing loans as well as getting the Interest Certificates of housing loan customers and Education loan customers for Income tax benefits. I saw only 6 months of General Banking which is the most challenging since the amount of work is far too much to be compared to any other departments. Cash tellers are at the forefront and if you are stationed here then you can say that you have zero to no time at all for anything else. Apart from the job challenges, there is nothing much that motivates me to work at State Bank considering the horrible work culture and the inefficient management styles.

Pros

Salary benfits apart from the main package

Cons

long working hours with no breaks, horrible customer attitudes, toxic work environment

Good experience

Official work with good company I had so many experiences with that company ,everyone is good for work and being good skiiwith customer service And so benefits.

Pros

No food

Cons

8hours

Excellent

I worked in State Bank Group for 36 years in different capacity both operational and administrative. I retired from service in 2017 fully satisfied my self and did my best to the satisfaction of the esteemed organisation. Advise youngsters not to concentrate on benefits but show your best first.

Pros

Great organisation with cosmopolitan culture.

Cons

Ready for dislocation once in three years for the good of both organisation and you.

It has benn excellent ti be an employee thereat

At saharanpur, branch staff and officers Cleared pendung jobs wirked as an excelkent team work Recivery, colkection and investments level increased. Officers and staff at Air Force station came in more frequency because ex-air force SNCO joined the branch. 2. DELHI Sadar bazar branch, surpassed target in all sectors, advances, investments investment,

Pros

Nothing unusal

Cons

Nothing unsusal

Common questions about State Bank of India

Answered by current and former employees at State Bank of India

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Compare State Bank of India with

• State Bank of India
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?