State Bank of India

State Bank of India Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

A bank with good organisational culture

A great experience at State Bank of India..A learning experience..An organisation with excellent coporate governance and organisational values..Leadership excellence

Pros

PF and pension twin benefits

Very stressful, hectic, round the clock working, not supportive staff

Worst place to work with. Atleast 12 hours per day working without growth and satisfaction with constantly decreasing health. Your all leaves will lapsed but you are not able to use a single leave. Domination, superiority, bossism. Many of the managers don't have basic management skills

Pros

Only salary

Cons

Except salary everything

Productivity Result

Good in productivity, good in communication Skill and fast service provided. Good Environment and behavior also among all the internal stuff of this bank.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hour

Benefits and Salary Packages

I was stationed at a Loan processing centre of State Bank. There are various departments. I was allocated to the SME department for about 3 years. Learned a lot about Cash Credit accounts, Term Loans, and other Business products available at the time. Managing Non Performing Assets was the biggest challenge. The next 2 years I was moved over to the Retail branch. Dealt with Education Loans, Car loans, Personal loans and Housing Loans and the like. Main priority was disbursing education and housing loans as well as getting the Interest Certificates of housing loan customers and Education loan customers for Income tax benefits. I saw only 6 months of General Banking which is the most challenging since the amount of work is far too much to be compared to any other departments. Cash tellers are at the forefront and if you are stationed here then you can say that you have zero to no time at all for anything else. Apart from the job challenges, there is nothing much that motivates me to work at State Bank considering the horrible work culture and the inefficient management styles.

Pros

Salary benfits apart from the main package

Cons

long working hours with no breaks, horrible customer attitudes, toxic work environment

Good experience

Official work with good company I had so many experiences with that company ,everyone is good for work and being good skiiwith customer service And so benefits.

Pros

No food

Cons

8hours

Excellent

I worked in State Bank Group for 36 years in different capacity both operational and administrative. I retired from service in 2017 fully satisfied my self and did my best to the satisfaction of the esteemed organisation. Advise youngsters not to concentrate on benefits but show your best first.

Pros

Great organisation with cosmopolitan culture.

Cons

Ready for dislocation once in three years for the good of both organisation and you.

Good

Good for long term. Good opportunity for the growth at State bank of India. Senior Mangement is very supportive and provides guidance. Appreciate for the hard work done.

Management is not fair in transfers / postings

SBI is a great organisation, Job locations are remote, promotion are reasonably in time, Big ego in management, if you happen to fall prey then they want to chase and Target you wherever you go, which is not healthy.

Pros

Stable job, salary always on time

Cons

Stressed working in remote rural locations

Excellent place to work.

The SBI is a very employee pro Bank but the work culture is not so very conducive for people looking to grow at a faster pace and work for a shorter duration and retire early.

Pros

Perks

Cons

Long working hours

Good

State Bank of India kiosk Banking industry is good for freashers .my job experience was good in state bank of India.but salary increment was slow.so i left the job

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Bank of India?

Good

Good work and free minded no tension no pressure freely work , good work and bussiness activities are better and all are good and happy for sbi bank work

Job culture was nice like the timing was between 12-9 , and company wise also satisfyable , like it will give incentives for extra cards but salary wise , job security wise it is so stressful .

great place to grow

Fantastic in terms of salary and perks. Fantastic in promotions and learning. Poor in work life balance for sincere employees. Promotions are time bound.

SBI is one of the greatest organizations in India

"Social service with a salary" just about summarises my career in State Bank of India. It is an employee friendly bank. Salaries are decided at the industry level. You can plan entire career at SBI. Good retirement benefits too.

Hard working

Safe Job Good Salry and perk. Easily you take loan also your status is important bank Intrigty is base factor It also chalang job I like job and prefer to others

Pros

Half hour

Employees

This job is giving u a very respect in our society all the people are treated good and no workload in sbi .all the senior are very good and helping nature

Pros

Free tea

Stable job

great benefits and salary, SBI takes care of all your needs, when you are posted in a new area, tremendous growth options if join a PO. Can be stressful at times

In a typical branch you might have to work either as cashier or as an assistant.

I was posted as cashier in a small village branch. I worked there for almost 1 year and my experience was good. People are very friendly toward bank employees and give utmost respect to them.

Pros

Quite respectable

Cons

Sometime you have to sit for long hours.

Business skills

The name state bank of India ,but I am offroll employee ,I Many Many skills got this bank,good support staffs are in,so Well knowledge growing,but salary is very low

There are certain pros and cons

It was good experience to work with state bank of India as there are flexible working hours and the team leader was also supportive in nature which helps me alot to achieve my target.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Sometimes you feel demotivated

Stressful job and all time fear of personal accountability. Multitasking activities. Transfer posting is not good. Not focused on banking but focused on insurance selling.

Pros

Medical benefit

Cons

Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Compare State Bank of India with

• State Bank of India
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?