State Bank of India
View all State Bank of India reviews

State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employee Review

High pressure, zero work life balance

The experience of your working at SBI will vary greatly based on where and in what vertical you are posted. But mostly the work will be high pressure and challenging without an iota of work life balance. It will be difficult to manage family due to frequent transfers. The HR Dept is a joke and bosses will only be interested in how much cross selling you can do. Perks and pay are good so you have to continue for a life of security but full of misery.

Same role

Good experience with SBI learned lot of work right from manual banking to computerisation

I enjoyed my working in SBI from Rural areas to Metros. Particularly learned retail banking deposit products, retail loan products specialisation in car, housing and personal loan. Recovery process initiatives at various stages of loan and selling of third products.

Pros

Good atmosphere for learning

Cons

Long working hours after schedules working hours
Same role

Mostly clerical work for officers

No work-life balanceWorking on holidaysSalary not at par with private sectorNo monetary incentive for performersCrawling growthPoor transfer policyAverage hr policiesHumongous work pressureAverage working environmentObsolete technology available to frontline staffHigher studies are not encouragedStudy leave only on paperHra/lease allowance not enough for metro city postingsToo much focus on selling life insurance
Same location

Productive and work satisfaction.

Sbi is the best bank in india. Takes maximum care of employees, retirees and customers. I feel work satisfaction. As an employee I got an opportunity to serve the public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare State Bank of India with

• State Bank of India
  • High pressure, zero work life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?