Steel & Industrial Forgings Ltd

Steel & Industrial Forgings Ltd Employee Reviews

India12 reviews

2.7Pay & Benefits

Good

Mainly machining of steel components for different govt companies. Using CNC machines. Measuring of products after machining done. Preparing daily data.

Excellent working situation

I worked in Dieshop and Production planning control departments.I have undergone Graduate Apprentice Training under Central government of India.I worked as assistant supervisor in Dieshop.

Pros

Free food facility

Interested

Good for mechanical Engineers. Good environment for hard workers. Supportive management. Salary is good for beginners. We can get more technical knowledge.

Learned about the manufacturing of different forged steels.Their hardness tests,heat treatment processes and uses.Detailed study on:  Forging and Heat treatment processes.  Die design and development.  Machining and cutting.  Inspection and testing.  Quality assurance.

able to gain work experience

Work on heavy machines and equipments.Interaction with the labours and make them to do the work.shift job with high responsibilities for take caring of the production work.

Pros

free food and accomadation

a small scale casting and machining company

Trained as mechanical engineer from SRF&E, worked as a production supervisor in casting section and handled manpower including pattern-makers and unskilled workers.

Great place to start your career

Its an government organisation. Food is cheap. All employees are supportive and its a great place to begin. You can study different departments like design, planning, material testing, maintenance, quality inspection etc.

Pros

Cheap Lunch

Cons

Sound is high

good management,positive thinking company.

Steel & Industrial Forgings Limited(SIFL) is an AS9100 C certified,Public Sector Undertaking fully owned by Government of Kerala. Incorporated in 1983 and Started commercial production in 1986,SIFL rapidly forged ahead to become a name to reckon with.We are masters in Titanium and Special alloy forgings. Untiring efforts of two decades has saddled SIFL firmly in the Forging Industry of India and abroad with best ratings for its products and services.Forgings with exquisite designs and shapes,flawless forms and contours,broad bands and spectra of metals like ALLOY STEEL,SUPER ALLOYS,ALUMINIUM and TITANIUM. All in wide range of weights and unmatched quality have made SIFL the most sought after forging company in the country for critical components. SIFL's diverse product mix caters to a wide range of sectors.These include complex and high precision Aerospace forgings,Specialised Forgings for Defence,Heavy Forgings for Commercial vehicles,Railways and other components for automobiles etc. during work time we work together.the colleague of the company are behave like friend.the management system is appreciable.

productive and fun place

My works start from 9 am to 5 pm(8 hours).I learned to do quality inspection of materials like steel,aluminum & titanium,it include micro testing, hardness testing ut mpt etc..

Pros

good managment system

Cons

salary is less

• Follow up Senior Engineer’s activities and monitor performance for compliance with Quality requirements. • Liaise with the Customer Representative for the conduct of day to day quality related activities of the project. • Carry out all inspections as per the customer’s requirements. • Analyse corrective & preventive actions in coordination with the QA /QC Engineer. • Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods. • Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work. • Diagnosing breakdown problems. • Carrying out quality inspections on jobs. • Liaising with client departments and customers. • Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment. • Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Steel & Industrial Forgings Ltd?

From class room to practical

I understood how one factory is working and learned the process and related activities.

Looking for Sutable opnings

carrier review, • Preparing and implementing action plans effectively to maximize overall equipment efficiency of production machines. • Utilization of manpower accurately. • Organizing daily and weekly preventive maintenance. • Conducting continuous improvement in projects based Maintenance. • Organizing daily Maintenance work at all shop floors. • Responsible for suggestion and kaizen activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steel & Industrial Forgings Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Steel & Industrial Forgings Ltd Reviews by Location