STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED

India126 reviews

Clear
4.3Job Security & Advancement

steelindiaplantsalaryculturefacilitymedicalproject

A great place to learn and earn.

This was my first job with a big corporation. On job training was really grilling, but the job was really challenging with lot of discretionary powers to experiment and innovate at all levels. Good work is really rewarded. Management is very fr6and caring and stand by you in difficult situations. Its largest Indian employer after Railways, with ocean of opportunities for growth and career advancement. Townships are wonderful and have cosmopolitan culture. Great place to work.

Pros

Good rumerations, growth, free medical care and housing.

Cons

Long hours of work. Tough working conditions.

These review ratings are based on the work culture in 90's. There must have substantial improvement in Twenties

Class room and Onsite training are very rigorous. The job demands lot of efficiency, theoritical and practical proficiency of your work area. Job is very demanding at SAIL.

Pros

A big organization with lot of prospects for career growth, learning and innovation.

Cons

The plant life is very tough. It is very difficult keep balance between work life and family life.

STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

A good place to gain ample of knowledge. I have seen many practical process. The overview of the different departments was my part of internship. I am very glad.

Good and balanced

Company is good but there is no proper work culture. And there is no scope for growth and exposure. Lots of thing to learn but still not enough to grow more

Challenging.

Fantastic PSU and very caring provided you work as a team and care for it. My experience with SAIL has been very challenging and the way I could work with freedom gives any individual an opportunity to develop oneself in case he is serious enough to contribute.

Bad for those who are seeking excitement

Highly micromanaged and hierarchical. Not recommended to millennials. Really bad perks, especially with no pay revision benefits already being enjoyed by other PSUs.

Working environment was very good and it was a place of learning

Gained huge working experience in different areas of Finance and Accounts, Initially worked in Project for around 9 years. Thereafter worked in Bills, taxation and central accounts.

Pros

Good place for learning

A good place to work

A good place to work. Good work culture, collaborative work environment, good career progression, good medical benefits, good salary, and company provided accommodation.

Work was very challenging and interesting

I have worked for 34 years.Then I took voluntary retirement.During my service I got 7 promotions.I received many trainings in house and got opportunity to visit other steel plants.

Pros

Free medical, Car allowance, LTC and LLTC

Cons

Longhours

Management and learning

The company appreciates leadership skills and lots of things to learn. Management authorities are understanding and helpful. Beautiful Infrastructure.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED?

Protected and progressive work culture

Good company in Steel Industry. gave me almost 36 years of career. Company recruits at Jr level and develop them internally or at abroad. Has been performing quite satisfactory in competitive market after being in protected atmosphere for 35/40 years.

Pros

Progressive

Cons

Protected

High Job Security

Good PSU to work in. Time based structure. If from a good background, good visibility. Remote Areas where not all willing to work. Building your profile is little difficult. Lot of exposure to multiple verticals.

Pros

Job Security, Good Medical Benefits, Decent Salary

Cons

Lack of differentiation, Hierarchical

Work place

My work place is equally challenging as well as motivating. Exposure to wide arena of experience. Get experienced in handling manpower, spare parts and machinery altogether.

Pros

Excellent workplace

Cons

Remote area

Good place to learn in the longer run

SAIL promises to be a top achiever in its area of work in times to come.It has already achieved a lot and provides good exposure across a number of verticals!

very good company but human resource management is very poor

I am working with SAIL. Since it is a government concern job security is at its best. you have got social security, financial freedom ,work culture is good but at some point of time you will start feeling disheartened since there is very less opportunity of growth. they dont have systems to distinguish performers and non performers. you work with your best potential but all in vain. best company for lazy people.

Pros

salary, security, medical facility, less pressure

Cons

human resource management

Learn Boundless

The best part of this is the work-life balance. Learning has no limits as there are ample opportunities to venture into. The most important lesson we get is how to tackle workforce where there is 100% job security.

Trouble shooting area

Its government organisation but i was working for as contract basis. Its learning center because the setup is huge one. Anyway good company and good learning center.

Productive and amazing workplace

The work culture of company is overall very nice and employees are very helpful and supportive. I really enjoyed my work there, when I was on my internship there is no time foundation for me because I was just an intern there.

Pros

Free lunch, working environment is good, nearby to my house

Cons

No specific meetings or conferences for interns, they dont provide stipend to interns

Hard Work Place

1. Managers are more reserved to meet to new people. 2. Not much attention given to new interns 3. Not so happening place to start your career with.

Einem von großer Arbeitsgeber des Indiens

Größte Eisen und Stahl Hersteller in Indien. Ist eine staatliche Firma. Arbeitsplätzen sind sicher. Gehalt ist auch gut.

Good place to work.

Good salary Nice benefits work life balance Bonus are low Less onsite opportunities Support teams are not very efficient Promotions are very rare. Nepotism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED with