STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED

STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED Pay & Benefits reviews

India126 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Great experience of working with this Navaratna cpany.

SAIL is a Navaratna PSU. The work culture here is absolutely fantastic. Cooperation in between the employees in achieving the jcompany's targets is remarkable. The human resource policies are so good that inspire every employee to execute their responsibilities smoothly. Salary and other benefits which include health and medical facilities of the entire family and other benefits are the best. incountry.

Bad for those who are seeking excitement

Highly micromanaged and hierarchical. Not recommended to millennials. Really bad perks, especially with no pay revision benefits already being enjoyed by other PSUs.

STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Core manufacturing company

If you don't mind working in tier 2/3 cities with limited amenities then everything else is good. Although six days a week can be physically demanding

A good place to work

A good place to work. Good work culture, collaborative work environment, good career progression, good medical benefits, good salary, and company provided accommodation.

Work was very challenging and interesting

I have worked for 34 years.Then I took voluntary retirement.During my service I got 7 promotions.I received many trainings in house and got opportunity to visit other steel plants.

Pros

Free medical, Car allowance, LTC and LLTC

Cons

Longhours

Low salary, bad management,low facility

For non executive this is worse PSU in INDIA.Poor facility given(qtr facility,hospital facility,) . Management have no intention to change the system.

Pros

8 hours duty

Cons

long list

Management is poor

The Government of India owns about 75% of SAIL's equity and retains voting control of the Company. However, SAIL, by virtue of its ‘Maharatna’ status, enjoys significant operational and financial autonomy Low salary Management is poor

Pros

Security

Cons

Low salary

I need this job and I will done everything......

I think I will desare this job because I will done everything for this job. I know this is my first time job but you trust me I have done it. Every time I am rady for it.

Pros

Any time

Cons

Eight hours duty

High Job Security

Good PSU to work in. Time based structure. If from a good background, good visibility. Remote Areas where not all willing to work. Building your profile is little difficult. Lot of exposure to multiple verticals.

Pros

Job Security, Good Medical Benefits, Decent Salary

Cons

Lack of differentiation, Hierarchical

Very nice and decent work culture

It was really a nice appreciating work exposure as everything was learnt in detail from the start of basic work of a company secretary to the technical level of drafting of minutes, notices and agenda formulation.

Pros

Nice people management

Cons

Salary as a trainee was neligible

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED?

very good company but human resource management is very poor

I am working with SAIL. Since it is a government concern job security is at its best. you have got social security, financial freedom ,work culture is good but at some point of time you will start feeling disheartened since there is very less opportunity of growth. they dont have systems to distinguish performers and non performers. you work with your best potential but all in vain. best company for lazy people.

Pros

salary, security, medical facility, less pressure

Cons

human resource management

Awesome

Awesome...fun place...high quality standards...Good one...nice salary...Awesome work ethics, environment an good people to communicate.Better than any work place.

Einem von großer Arbeitsgeber des Indiens

Größte Eisen und Stahl Hersteller in Indien. Ist eine staatliche Firma. Arbeitsplätzen sind sicher. Gehalt ist auch gut.

Good place to work.

Good salary Nice benefits work life balance Bonus are low Less onsite opportunities Support teams are not very efficient Promotions are very rare. Nepotism.

good company if you seek job stability

Stable job, good salary, stable income, timely increments, but very difficult work life and hard to get a good work life balance when you work in a production unit.

good place to work

SAIL is one of a navaratna company of government of india. no challenging job over there in my dept. only mind work and observation. if problem arise then will be hot and fuf. i learned crane operaion, pulpit operation, coil handling , safety measues, dispatch procedures. cobble removing is one of the tuf job . good job and salary. other non monitery benefit also there. unit canteen ( subsidy) and unit school, hospital all are there.

Pros

subsidiary lunch, unit hospital

Poor management and work culture but good compensation and high job security

This is an organization owned by government of India so job security is high. Salary and benefits are good. Day to day life at work is fine and not stressful but it can be very frustrating because incompetent upper management and lack of planning.

Pros

High job security, Free medical benefits, Good compensation

Cons

Incompetent upper management, Poor work culture

Trainee at the Finance Department

As an intern in SAIL which is a valuable Indian Company I got to know how projects are appraised and send for approval to the management. I worked as a team member under the guidance of the deputy manager finance.

Good company but poor management

o Planning and effecting preventive maintenance schedules of various machinery and instruments to increase machine up time / equipment reliability. o Proactively identify areas of obstruction / breakdowns and take steps to rectify the equipments through application of trouble shooting tools. o Planning, implementation of shut down jobs through effective management of manpower and resources. o Working with ETL department. Major work area power distribution.

Pros

Government job tag

Cons

Salary is low

It is a very good company to work.

All people are helpful and hard working.THERE IS A CONGENIAL ATMOSPHERE IN THE PLANT. The working culture is good. The plant is situated in an established town in South India.

Pros

Subsidise good canteen available

Cons

Long hours of working

Secure but no ethics

The place is good for chamchas and yes-men. All you need to do is lick your boss's feet. Praise his children, pick them up from school. Send your wife to cook for boss's wife. Do household work of your boss. No need to work in office. Sit in his cabin and gossip with him. No need for an engineering degree or a management degree. No need to do honours courses. The upper management works on two factors- 1) political contacts 2) money.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No ethics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED with