Tata Consulting Engineers Limited

Tata Consulting Engineers Limited Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace

8.5Hrs of work for 5 daysSaturday working compensation in amount (grade wise)Good CSR Activity, Sports & Cultural ProgramWhole team is interested in gossiping

A good organization with outdated processes

Its an organization which satisfies the adage "Old wine in old bottle". Since its a TATA brand organization, the processes are well established, have good number of projects and the job security is good. Also, the quality of training provided is excellent, since it is purely technical and on job training. However, the work life balance is poor, have to work for long hours, during weekends and the compensation is also way below industry standards and competitors. The infrastructure is poor and employees are given least access to resources and therefore fewer chances to experiment and innovate at work. Also, the work culture suits to a firm in 1960s and nothing has changed much from the day it was established. The HR practices are very poor and those who have had experience in MnC firms get disappointed. Work life is purely mechanical and updated systems or processes are not established to improve the efficiency and work life balance, which resulted in huge attrition ratio due to dissatisfaction at work place. Generally employees join here fresh out of university and leave after a year or two for a better opportunity after learning enough of the stuff.

Pros

Technical work, Training

Cons

Poor work life balance, compensation, outdated processes, micro management

Exposure to all types of Power plants. Good working Culture. Learned power plant project management and engineering.

Nice Place to Work

> Time Management > Coordination > Cooperation > Employee Friendly > Team Work > understanding Employee needs > Good HR practices.

Challenging Working Environment

- Good Environment to learn / To Improve - Approachable managers - Concerns about the employees welfare - Friendly environment

good working atmosphere

My work experience at TATA consulting Engineers Limited was a good one as i got good exposure and sufficient learning opportunities. Work atmosphere at TATA is very good and the management and mediclaim policies are very supportive to the employees.

Pros

insurance and mediclaim salaries

Cons

low pay

nice work place to learn

Technical learnings are higher side. Training and interpersonal growth is more. Versatile jobs to perform. Work is enjoyable with seniors those who are in TCE since long periods. Codes and standards will be familiarized. Good co-operation between design and construction team

Pros

lot of small perks

Cons

less salary compare to market

Good design experience

TATA is a good company for making a career which each professional should have in their career path, really TATA made me overall professional

Good

Good Knowledge, learn more think in my life, Good Experiences, one of the part in my life, they are supporting staff and friends, managements,

Pros

All staff give 50% consesion

Cons

work load you have finish your work in project

Good

Good working environment Ethics Good Management Nice learning Management is easily approachable International Projects are less Supportive HR Teamwork

Pros

growth

Cons

projects

Jobs at Tata Consulting Engineers Limited

See more jobs

Productive and fun work place

Fun work place with supportive management and colleagues. Everyday was learning experience for me. Acquired good communication skills, leadership qualities, team work, "Can-do" attitude,

Very flexible work culture

Very friendly and healthy work culture. This was my first job ever, hence I got to transition myself well from a student to a professional.

Pros

got to learn a lot in this office since it was my first job ever.

Cons

Long breaks

Productive and well organized

It was regular full time job from 8am-4pm. The company has well organized work system and everything is done in a timly manner which made me more efficient. I got to opportunity to work in a team of 12 members and gave me ample experience working in a team. The most difficult part of the project was the redesigning of beams and column that were not stable according to STAADPro. I even got the opportunity to work on AutoCAD 2D&3D.

Job culture is to satisfy client only..Not focused on delivery..

Politics in this company is more.. Not focused in terms of deliverable.. Just like manpower supplying agency.. Company is good for persons who have no targets, No much career growth. Salary is medium but perfect. No equal opportunity employer.

Pros

Free Pick ups

Cons

have to work 12-14 hours daily

A friendly environment with talented people around.

TATA Consulting Engineers Limited shortly called as TCE is a great place to work for people with vision and dream to create something that is unimaginable. Yes in TCE people are working in departments to create and design Power plant, Manufacturing industries, off shore and on shore ONGC's and many more. Everyday at work will start with some challenging tasks and it will be very thrilling and engaging where we don't get stacked at work. People are very friendly and very co-operative.

Pros

Flexible work timings.

Cons

Limited break timings

To comlete the construction job with time bonding with quality

To conduct tool box talk before start of construction activity. Issue work permit. To check job as per drawing. I learned team work from the system generated. To cnduct seminar on HR activity at site.Handing of job to clint is the hardest part of job..Inspection of jobis is enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Free conveyance and lunch

Cons

8.5 hrs

good learning place

I got to learn a lot many new things. Its a very serious place where no fun only work. But that was ok for me. Very old organisation, good people, very supportive.

Pros

good place to work to learn and perform

Cons

Very Conservative

Left company after 22 years

Strong fundamental company and business ethics. Started my career as engr trainee and grown as senior manager Tce is also one of the reputed consultant in the world.

Productive workplace

I’ve enjoyed working with a great group of people,It’s been a great experience, but…there is no job enrichment with TCE

excellent working environment

i would be more happy to tell somthing about this company , never think off to reject offer from this company. highly educated people from vast fields

boring workplace

mundane daily job with meagre salary, co-workers are all happy with the type of job but unhappy with the salary. The most enjoyable part part of the job is definitely the cheap lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consulting Engineers Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Consulting Engineers Limited with