Tata Steel logo
Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews

Innovative, professional work culture.

Innovative work culture, vision and leadership able Tata Steel to cross all hurdles in journey. Continuous development, profound human relationships leading Company to progress.

Productive fun work place

I loved working in Tata, the only issue is they are constantly up and down so your job never feels very secure when you’re brought in as a temp to start(was there 18 months before I left for a perm job)The people were amazing and the jobs it self taught me a lot, it gave me skills I can now take to other jobs!Would highly recommend working there if you’re offered a permanent contract, I miss my Tata family and will always cherish my memories there. The hours and pay for the job are brilliant too and the benefits that come with working there!

Pros

Lots Benefits and team days out, good management, you are well looked after

Cons

No stability, 18 months there still kept as a temp

Managers not understanding work processes on shop floor, also unfair promotion and training opportunities

Promoting and training based on popularity not individual merit, constant need to break health and safety and risk/method statements due to poor maintenance of tools/machinery, get told to just get work done, I was there for 7 years, would never work for or with this company again

Pros

Shift allowance

Cons

Poor morale, lack of positive communication between management and shop floor

Ambiente de trabajo profesional

Buena empresa desde todos los puntos de vista, conciliación familiar y laboral, segura y trabajo de calidad

Pros

Buen ambiente, trabajo y respeto así como seguridad

Cons

Muy lejos de España

Job stability

It’s a great place to work, with great peers and supportive guiding seniors. They make sure u have a work life balance and go out of their way to ensure employee safety and security.

Pros

Family culture

Cons

Legacy bureaucracy

Safe Environment

In Tata steel there is always more to learn . I feel so good that I am a part of Tata steel . Safety Culture is well developed inside Tata steel as all employees were taking there reposibility positively

Pros

Free Transport

Cons

Constantly under a cloud of uncertainty

The jobs are great generally, the management are very mature and foster an inclusive and friendly culture. Tata is a fantastic place for learning and development. The jobs are about averagely paid (getting worse year on year due to not keeping up with cost of living) pay rises are usually hard fought by the unions and couldn't be seen as competitive due to the constant tough climate the steel industry finds itself in. Usually requires industrial action to push through. The problem with Tata is that it is constantly under a cloud of uncertainty and from the first day I worked there through the 8 years I was there you couldn't go a week without rumours of downsizing, job losses and closure which took its toll on me in the end and forced me to look for a new company. Even though the jobs I've held since tata havent been as rewarding or enjoyable, my pay has dramatically increased since leaving which I think demonstrates how far tata has fallen behind in paying the going rate for skilled workers.

Pros

Good culture, mature, good management

Cons

Constant job security rumours and threat due to wider economic picture

Super sfeer

Betere werkplek is niet te vinden . Veiligheid op nummer 1 . Toekomst beter dan alle andere werkplekken.

Pros

Doorgroei

Cons

Geen

Opportunity and job satisfaction for those who want it

Not the kind of company that will offer something for nothing. That being said opportunities arise and employees are encouraged to engage. Hard work, motivation and the desire to succeed will undoubtedly be recognised.

Pros

4 day working week, decent pay with bonus'

Cons

Hard work, those without the desire to learn or progress left behind

Nice Company

I am currently working as a Registrar.Highly Paid Salary ,Relax working hours.A lot of Perks and other facilities.Health insurance is for self and dependants.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Performance rating system is biased

Tata Uni Placement

Although slow paced, my placement year at tata steel offered me lots of opportunities others do not such as a business trip abroad, the opportunity to experience and work in different departments, take on the grade scheme training modules, and the opportunity to collaborate with other department members my age in the site charity competition.

Pros

Friendly workers and good training.

Cons

Very slow pace with a lack of placement supervision.

Good culture, good work life balance, employee friendly company, fair pay, career growth opportunities through internal job postings, ample learning opportunities, inclusive workplace, caring towards women employees

Pros

Good medical insurance, drop facility for ladies, perks, employee engagement initiatives, trainings

Cons

slow career progression as it is a horizontal organisation

Productive environment with growth opportunities

A great place to work. Good management.I enjoyed working here. Everyday I work here I feel I am contributing. Will like to work here again in future.

Best Company I have ever worked in my 23 years of experience

I worked in small private company to very large conglomerates to semi government to pure government sectors. Through our my 23 years of journey, I worked from construction industry to consultancy to engineering to manufacturing domain. I worked within India and abroad as well. In this long journey, honestly speaking, I have not found one single company where I found company like Tata Steel where most of the decisions are well crafted policy driven under very humanitarian top management.

Pros

Wrok-Life balance, Security, Generous Management

Cons

Nothing as such

Working at Tata

Supporting a team is very rewarding if the team are compatible and work well together and the manager is easy to work with. The workplace culture is very set and male dominated and departments/work areas don’t mix well with other work areas. Permanent employees feel threatened by temporary/contract workers and are reluctant to help them. There are lots of unhealthy ‘cliques’ and it’s time Tata Steel reviewed their working environment as it can greatly affect people’s mental health.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

Senior Managers

Terrible

Despite it being a huge company they mostly employ 16 to 18 year olds cash in hand on the cheep,Management are incompetent and expect unreasonable goals.

Pros

Proper graft

Cons

Long hours, terrible pay, horrible management

Hoogovens best in class steel mill and great people

The Dutch are some best people to work for, unfortunately when they merged with British Steel they destroyed the company; by closing all North American assets.

Pros

Great culture and benefits

Good for learning management

It's a good place to start career and learn managment basics. If you plan to stay in management role it is a good place. To learn and earn, it also helps to improve the decision making .

Pros

Balanced work life

Cons

Slow pace bureaucratic

Goede saamhorigheid

Collega’s zijn prima en werksfeer is vaak goed.

Pros

Arbeidstijden

Cons

Ploegendienst

Stress free life

Enjoyed my tenure at Tata Steel team was good, Good HR practices, accomodation, club etc was too good. Would love to join again if got an opportunity again.

Pros

Good team, HR policies

Cons

Remote Location

Ok place

Not a bad place to work,most employees are decent people but a couple of managers are nothing but liars, opportunities to do college courses are a plus,good place to work if your in the right department. Management make loads of promises but never deliver.

Pros

Work hours, majority of people you work with

Cons

Lying managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with