Tata Steel logo
Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews in Jajpur, Orissa

Work-Life Balance

Work culture

I am happy with tata steel work culture. I am happy with co-workers. Very helpful the management. Management always support, I am happy at tata steel.

Excellent

Excellent working condition with a substantial focus on Work Life Balance, Ethical standards, diversity/inclusion and employee services barring the pain points on remuneration and career growth.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Remuneration

Tat steel

It is good company. Now days this company is good for job security. It's safety culture is very tight. But this company staying in jajpur odisha location that's why management not ver strong.

Huge difference in opr and non opr

Huge difference in salary and facility for opr and non opr employees You may feel difference and get disappointed this will affect work culture and very slow growth in non opr as compared to opr employees

Good and productive

Working at Tata steel is on of the great things that you pursue in you life so every day the level of challenges changes with time Learned a lot about quality managements

Passion and Knowledge driven company

A great place to work, especially for work life balance. Excellent leadership and management at all levels. Its an experience employees relish. Great family benefits , great value to employees time. One can get an overall view of the business working here. Pay is competitive. Career advancement is competitive but definitely promising with good work. Great encouragement to sport and other activities apart from work.Good luck!

Pros

Work Life Balance, employee benefits

Cons

Things get bit slow sometimes.

Huge opportunity

Tata steel,jajpur is a very good place and unit to work at and it is one of the biggest production unit of Tata steel. I have worked there as a supervisor when its construction work was going on. I have a very good and fun experience there with my fellow staffs and labours working under me.

Pros

Huge learning scope

Cons

Contractual job

So supportive seniors

Awesome, missing those days at Tata Steel. All the staffs are friendly & helpful. Culture is too good. Best for future exposure. Facilities are awesome.05 Days a week is best for an employee to work.

Pros

Cons

09 hours

Mentanance

This is a good company. Am thankful for this company because this is the first company to opportunity to me work here. The company employees are good and helpful.

Excellent organization

Good work life Balance, Plethora of opportunities of improvement and self motivation. Support from top management. empowernment to take decisions. Work creatively

Safe work culture

A typical day was on 25th Feb 2017 when the target production was to be achieved. worked for A & B shift together to achieve it. Team work is the key to success.

Was little boring job

Did lot of technical work which I didnt like. Worked in a very remote location, where basic necessities are also not available. But the Brand Tata is very big and the company pays well and offers lot of benefits to employees.

About company

Work place very good .workers are very helpfull. Safety fast than work is 1st role in the company. work place is clean and clear.company helps the worker in evey time.

A great support from by bosses

Everyday i planned my job by discussing with my boss. Then according to the manpower i deployed them by priority basis.then coordinate with different departments proceeds for a smooth completion of job.

Pros

My boss always encourage me

Cons

Job stability

Working atmosphere and well culure

Company was Very good .Working atmosphere was managable . Co-operative Colleague Well training Working at Company was very good all the Colleagues and Superiors were excellent . Communication and Fooding Logging facilities of the company was very good

Pros

Free lunches & Conveyance

A typical day at work.

* On dated 23.04.2015 about 0645 AM message received from one of Security Guard who was deployed at Blast Furnace area that about 400 or above workers of L & T started throwing stones to the Supervisors and Engineers and started damaging company properties against some payment issue. I was the Shift I/C Security Control Room, Immediately self along with 3 QRT team rused to the spot but found the mob was so aggressive would not be control without intervention of Police. I informed local Police IIC about the mater , as well as information passed to my seniors and higher management. Due to morning time no any TATA Steel Manager was present ,so i decided to go forward and counselled them ,at least the local Police arrive. I started gather them in a particular place and started speech to console them, also I informed that the higher management of TATA Steel and L&T is on the way , they could be solved your problem but some worker started attacked on me .I take in to confidence of some leaders of the mob and again started counselling them. At this time my extra security man power reached at the place, After some time Local Police and higher Management People also reached and the problem was solved. I was happy that I successfully did my job and succeed to control the mob to damage Company property and lives.

good working conditions

worked in green field project,which is a good experience. man management is a tough job nowdays,which i can do well. the most enjoyable is interaction with tata steel senior officers regarding work progress.

Pros

good relations

Cons

long hrs working which is interesting

overall our project is more challenging because little schueduled time but we complete with hard work and dedication

in time of commissioning we have target to complete the termination of all control cable and we completed that in the time period of 72 hours continuously.

Pros

nnone

Cons

72hours

Managerial Aspects Development

Learned a lot about managerial aspects of construction field. Have a cooperative team

Great employer

TATA Steel is a great employer, ensures that you have a work-life balance more than what you ever expected. But work culture is a little laidback, slow paced. You don't learn a lot as a young professional.

tata steel

Work life balance is great, low work stress, high pay, freedom, co-operative and friendly colleagues, high focus on ethics and curbing ill-practices, high focus on safety and overall well being of employees. Great place to work for a middle aged person with family. Jamshedpur is a good city to settle down, all amenities of a metro but no stress and crowds. Salaries and perks are great.

Pros

Good Compensation, Best in the market plus good accomodation facilities, less work

Cons

Blame game, Highly political Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with