Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews in Kolkata, West Bengal

Kolkata, West Bengal27 reviews

It is a dream company to work with

Till date I had worked with three organisations in my 10 year career, and I found Tata Steel is the best in terms of its core values and brand image.

Best Company I have ever worked in my 23 years of experience

I worked in small private company to very large conglomerates to semi government to pure government sectors. Through our my 23 years of journey, I worked from construction industry to consultancy to engineering to manufacturing domain. I worked within India and abroad as well. In this long journey, honestly speaking, I have not found one single company where I found company like Tata Steel where most of the decisions are well crafted policy driven under very humanitarian top management.

Pros

Wrok-Life balance, Security, Generous Management

Cons

Nothing as such

Tata Steel insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good for learning management

It's a good place to start career and learn managment basics. If you plan to stay in management role it is a good place. To learn and earn, it also helps to improve the decision making .

Pros

Balanced work life

Cons

Slow pace bureaucratic

We also make tomorrow

Numerous of social, health, ethics and safety related compliance need to be followed. Bureaucratic set up. Work life balance is very good. Not a good pay master for Middle level employees. Benefits and perquisites are better than salary.

Pros

Job safety

Cons

No growth

TATA is a great place to work for an intern. You get to learn a lot about market nuances and the brand pull is enough to get noticed by future recruiters.

Productive and Learning

Workplace culture is excellent, Learning is indeed good, System is followed and it is very much to be taken care at all level.It is a place to learn and act as per role to prove.

Project and Engineering

It is a in house Project and Engineering division serving the in house need of Tata Steel at Jamshedpur and KPO. This has improved work culture and knowledge of engineers in Project and Engineering division.

Productive and fun work place

It is the best learning plateform for a freshers and to helpfully of every employee.In this company I'm also other knowlage learning. I like company

Productive and fun work place

Coal & Coke Sotcing and trading

Typical day at work - Busy Learning - Coal & Coke Trading Management - very professional Work culture - very professional Hardest Part of Work - pre-finance business model Most enjoyable part of job - developing new customers.

Summary

It is one of the best companies one can work for. However, promotion chances are less and the work culture is little slow. The company is great for employee benefits but if you wish growth then its not the right place.

Pros

Discounts for vacation trips

Cons

Less flexibility

the name works

Had a good experience in terms of the work involved for a fresher. Necessary support and gidance was given by the employees in order to get the work done as required.

Summer Internship @ Tata Steel

As an Intern, had some exposure to the steel industry and the conglomerate Tata Group. I was a part of the BENP (Business Emerging and New Projects) department in Tata Steel, Kolkata. I was entitled to work on the annual financial analysis report that is produced by doing a comparison analysis on the steel industry competitors across the country.

Productive and fun workplace

9 to 7 job I learnt a lot of pricing and distribution strategies Culture is good but not the best Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to liaise with the external environment of the company and the liberty to do as we please

Stable company and Good Work Life Balance

Stable company with with good benefits. Very good work / life balance. There are multiple opportunities across the organisation. The salary and benefits are matching the industry.

good company

Company offers good work life balance along with good HR practices Reputed company with good work culture. Provides learning atmosphere

Cons

average compensation

Great Place to Work

Tatas are a 100 billion dollar organisation and are known to be fantastic employers. They are a compliance oriented, reputed and trusted organisation all over the world.

Pros

Great Employee Benefits - Medical etc.

Learned Management skills

Supportive management. Gives more importance to Ethics. One of the best company which gives most important to Safety.

Focused work place

Tata Steel is one for the best companies for Steel and are very focused and have all the processes in place. they review there processes on a regular basis and ensure employee engagement programs are effective so that all employees are happy and put in there 100 per cent.

Pros

Free Lunches and Accomodation

Very Good company to work

Good culture learning a lot good salary Work environment is good Management is quite friendly good increment and bonus fun at workplace

fun workplace

working with tata steel is really good, very good job/life balance, salary benefit is more or less good, fun workplace......good relationship with employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with