Tata Steel logo
Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews for Sales and Marketing Manager

Good

Average work place. Customer service very poor. Technical skills vary less. Customer face technical and delivery issues day by day. Work place culture not good.

Productive & fun workplace

I had the best time working in TSPDL. Daily visits as part of Sales & Marketing was challenging & good learning. Learning good concepts of sales & customer management was key in this organisation. All co-workers were supportive. Few instances of internal politics was not good. Travelling as part of sales was the most I enjoyed.

Expertise in OEM sales and managing the supply chain of OEM (Tata Motors M&HCV Division) •Managing the marketing & sales operations for promoting products and accountable for achieving business goals & increasing sales growth •Handling customer queries for better turnaround time and customer satisfaction & identifying prospective clients, generating business from the existing clientele to achieve business targets •Driving sales efforts throughout sales force/team for the accelerated sales & collections for their region

hard work

do your work and wait for decision by seniours. good company for freshers as they can learn more in less time.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Working with Tata Steel Ltd, is a invaluable experience. Only a lucky few get to work in such a great Organisation.

I started off with Tata Steel Ltd ( then known as The Tata Iron & Steel Company Ltd or TISCO) in 1977 and thru the entire period of my tenure with them which saw tremendous changes in not only the Company but the Country was a checquerd experience. From a'controlled' era of seventies and eighties, the Company quickly adapted itself to the truly free economy era which the country embraced in the nineties. Starting the day in the Company was a joy. You looked forward to meeting up your colleagues and bosses in a very informal yet disciplined atmosphere. The work itself gave you challenges one liked and yet the friendly approach to the customers and the market place was always the supreme consideration. Backed up with the tremendous knowledge that the company had pioneered amazing social changes in its labour and personnel laws our approach to our personnel, staff and officers alike was one of great joy and expectations which was never belied. We knew that we were always on the right path and morality was high in our sights. We learned from experience as we enjoyed the work. The management was always friendly and concerned. While profit was the motive for doing well for the company, the idea of a welfare constituency for our customers and persons we interacted was never away from our thoughts. Our workers and officers reacted with great sense of proportions and helpful nature and we could always walk into any one's cabin with fear or apprehension. The hardest part of the job was the expectation meeting of ourselves as well as our bosses. Targets were sacrosanct. I found -

Pros

Rewards system, fun to cooperate with each other which made the work so easy.

Cons

Yes there were long hours. We were always very good at solving crisis situations to our adavantge.

Great work-life balance

The Tata group is the biggest business conglomerate in India. The best thing about the group is their adherence to the values and ethics in every aspect of the job. While I enjoyed the challenging assignments in the group, the company also allowed me to pursue my interests in music and tennis providing the perfect work-life balance. The toughest challenge in the job and also the most enriching aspect is people management. Handling a team of 50 field executives and achieving the targets describes the role

SAP SD consultant with Ten and a half years of experience in IT field involving 3 implementation projects

A typical day at work:Being the TATA STEEL SD Export Team Lead, I am responsible for the design & implementation of all enhancements and new developments in export area. This also includes interfacing with Business partners, vendors and customers.What you learned:Cross-functional experience in the area of Sales and Distribution, Controlling, Finance and Production Planning modules of SAP R/3.Experienced in the use of standard SAP functionalities, ABAP reports.Management:Experience in leading and managing teams. Handled multiple roles – SD Export Team Lead, Senior SD Consultant, SD Team QA, Training & Safety coordinator for SD moduleYour co-workers:Responsible for managing a team for streamlining the SD Configuration to enable different sales scenarios required to meet the changing business needs. (new plant creation, setting up sales area, pricing procedure changes, maintenance of tax codes, number range maintenance of billing types and excise group and series group number range, ABAP routine changes, Report development/enhancement based on queries and ABAP, credit management settings ,assignment of G/L codes and any other SPRO settings as required .)The hardest part of job:The FA&MD Implementation:Pro-Rata configurationPremium is paid by the customer if the chrome % of the material dispatched is higher than the chrome % mentioned in the contract for materials CrOre lumpy, Cr Ore Friable, Fe Chrome, Cr Ore Concentrate.The above business requirement was handled through module pull program which was called at the order creation and pricing procedure enhancement. -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with