Tata Steel logo
Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews

Innovative, professional work culture.

Innovative work culture, vision and leadership able Tata Steel to cross all hurdles in journey. Continuous development, profound human relationships leading Company to progress.

tough

It was really tough to work, with in the team... it was a quite a short term with them , the commitment they gave before joining was never provided it was not satisfying for me

Internship Experience

Work culture and Management are one of the best. Every day was most enjoyable. Good environment to learn and work. Work experience heavily relies on the guide.Working hours are from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, 5 days a week which is subjected to change depending on the guide allotted to you. Work is not very hectic and is easily manageable.

Pros

Good environment to learn new things

Good company, very punctual and productive, Manpower shortage problem every time, work culture is very good, workers are very friendly, services like food and travel is good.

very friendly work culture

I found the place is very good for research. senior management provides required facilities and also give freedom to take risk. Lower management is also supportive.

Tata Steel - a Company with a human heart

One thing that stands out for Tata Steel is its foresightedness. it is a 111 years old Company and has evolved with the times.A typical work day will be very hectic with meetings/ phone calls and meeting employees. Learning is a daily affair.You learn to be a team player and to think up solutions to the problems thrown at you.Management is very supportive and gives you a lot of opportunity for decision making. Tata Steel has a unique culture.You need to get absorbed in it.With rapid automation it has become a system driven Company.The hardest part of your job is that it is never over.With downsizing the pressure on officers is ever increasing.The most enjoyable part is the Rewards and Recognition that makes your day/week/year

Satisfactory

Satisfactory job work wise . Management good for workers. Safety priority is the main part of company. Working culture is good in company. Medical facilities for all employees.

It was good working,,, learned a lot of things... atmosphere was good there was team work... management was also very helpfull....Got lot of contracts eg: ITC in my period

Pros

free lunches

Cons

sometimes late

Excellent organisation

I am proud to work in TATA STEEL for long 20 Yrs. I got the opportunity to work in the engineering division in TATA STEEL. I learn lot of software language from here. TATA STEEL also send me for training for out of Jamshedpur for my up lifment.

Pros

Free Medical

Cons

Very good Safety tractice

Flexible and exciting

An exciting and fun loving place to work at. Excellent organisation and intern induction program. The engineers are brillant their job and strive to learn continually. The teams are assigned as per your field of interest. Amazing place to get started at.

Fantastic company

I spent more than eight years with Tata Steel. The company provides immense learning opportunity as well as provide one of the best salaries in the industry

Passion and Knowledge driven company

A great place to work, especially for work life balance. Excellent leadership and management at all levels. Its an experience employees relish. Great family benefits , great value to employees time. One can get an overall view of the business working here. Pay is competitive. Career advancement is competitive but definitely promising with good work. Great encouragement to sport and other activities apart from work.Good luck!

Pros

Work Life Balance, employee benefits

Cons

Things get bit slow sometimes.

A great place were you can grow your practical knowledge

It was a very good experience at Tata Steel. A place were you can increase your practical knowledge and a lot to learn under pressure and efficiently.

Huge opportunity

Tata steel,jajpur is a very good place and unit to work at and it is one of the biggest production unit of Tata steel. I have worked there as a supervisor when its construction work was going on. I have a very good and fun experience there with my fellow staffs and labours working under me.

Pros

Huge learning scope

Cons

Contractual job

Fun Workplace

You are expected to work a lot, but you learn a lot as well. Managers are very demanding but fair, and your contributions are noted as well. I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Good Experiance

Tata steel is a very good company and also great achivement, i also feel the great success of my life at tata steel ltd and i am also impressed with this company

Pros

good timing

Cons

nice System

A fun place to work

Tata Steel is a great place to work, especially for new entrees. The year-long extensive training programs allow us in the gradual transition from college life to corporate life. It also arms us with necessary skills needed for managing various activities.

Avergae

I thinck this is heckle to job seekers and professional. It should not be mandatory.until unless taking too time. My self also bother me to define my self .

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace with good work culture. Good and co operative workers who have got a lot to teach. The training courses that they provide is also good.

Fun workplace with all facilities but work load high

Good company to work in but only the placement was in Jamshedpur and in India.very big and extensive opportunity for learning and growing and good work culture.but a little high volume of work which is good but wages not competitive in global market.

Fun at Work

It was a place where the work culture was great and was fun at work. I had lot opportunity to learn during my tenure with the Tata Steel It was a vast project with lot of learning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with