Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews

India482 reviews

steeljamshedpurfresherorganisationcanteensafetycultureethical

A Corporate Job you should aim for

TSL gives you work life balance along with the pay benchmarked with industry.You are trusted upon the responsibility at earlier stages and ideas from young generations are welcomed.There may be instances wherein you may find non-management is reluctant for the change but you will learn how to manage them.It surely enhances your professional career.As they say, we also make tomorrow.

Pros

Sound Management, Visible Career Path, Almost free lunch, medical coverage, on boarding assistance.

Cons

Nothing.

Good Working Experience

Standard company running on Ethical values and well laid systems. Good salary as per your agreement at time of joining. Time is not constant. Heavy meeting schedule

Pros

Excellent support from higher Ups.

Cons

Less support from supporting departments and Bell Curve during KRA review

Tata Steel insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Innovative, professional work culture.

Innovative work culture, vision and leadership able Tata Steel to cross all hurdles in journey. Continuous development, profound human relationships leading Company to progress.

Safe Environment

In Tata steel there is always more to learn . I feel so good that I am a part of Tata steel . Safety Culture is well developed inside Tata steel as all employees were taking there reposibility positively

Pros

Free Transport

Cons

Good culture, good work life balance, employee friendly company, fair pay, career growth opportunities through internal job postings, ample learning opportunities, inclusive workplace, caring towards women employees

Pros

Good medical insurance, drop facility for ladies, perks, employee engagement initiatives, trainings

Cons

slow career progression as it is a horizontal organisation

Productive environment with growth opportunities

A great place to work. Good management.I enjoyed working here. Everyday I work here I feel I am contributing. Will like to work here again in future.

Best Company I have ever worked in my 23 years of experience

I worked in small private company to very large conglomerates to semi government to pure government sectors. Through our my 23 years of journey, I worked from construction industry to consultancy to engineering to manufacturing domain. I worked within India and abroad as well. In this long journey, honestly speaking, I have not found one single company where I found company like Tata Steel where most of the decisions are well crafted policy driven under very humanitarian top management.

Pros

Wrok-Life balance, Security, Generous Management

Cons

Nothing as such

Good for learning management

It's a good place to start career and learn managment basics. If you plan to stay in management role it is a good place. To learn and earn, it also helps to improve the decision making .

Pros

Balanced work life

Cons

Slow pace bureaucratic

Stress free life

Enjoyed my tenure at Tata Steel team was good, Good HR practices, accomodation, club etc was too good. Would love to join again if got an opportunity again.

Pros

Good team, HR policies

Cons

Remote Location

No fun,only politics

No fun only politics in work place so difficult for working .no appreciation,nepotism in work place.partiality in between lateral entry and MT,Thank you.

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

No time table, 24 hr work

No career development, No particular training,managers do favoritism,biased.

They only hire from ivy leagues & CA's.conventional universities wity no pristige have not been included in special development for career point of view.Pay is very less.They pay IIM & IIT trainees more than 1 lakhs for 2 months.

Pros

No benefits so nothing pro

Cons

No free benefits as per cafeteria, lunch etc

Good training facilities for employees, good renumeration, good work culture, safety of the employees are given highest priority, the performance review process is fair.

Job profile is not so good. You if laterally hired will have less attention.

It's ok to work if you are not much ambitious. All slow growth. Task are not so standard all are planned to complete the objective. With comparsion with MNC. It's not so fast. But you will get sense of job security.For long run it may be ok.

Work culture

I am happy with tata steel work culture. I am happy with co-workers. Very helpful the management. Management always support, I am happy at tata steel.

We also make tomorrow

Numerous of social, health, ethics and safety related compliance need to be followed. Bureaucratic set up. Work life balance is very good. Not a good pay master for Middle level employees. Benefits and perquisites are better than salary.

Pros

Job safety

Cons

No growth

Best experience

The work at tata bluescope was very good and well handel by employee and people are very polite and helpful to eachother the food and canteen is excellent and safe.

Very ethical and knowledge procuring workplace

Very healthy workspace, Ethically very sound, Employee friendly. Encouraging Colleagues with growth deterministic mindset ready to work and always improvising.

Excellent

Excellent working condition with a substantial focus on Work Life Balance, Ethical standards, diversity/inclusion and employee services barring the pain points on remuneration and career growth.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Remuneration

Overall great work life balance

Great work life balance Relaxed, slow pace Good pay Good interaction with other working professional Good environment Have enough time to develop a hobby and pusue it

Good company to work with

Overall excellent, good culture, good discipline. Tata steel long products Ltd policy are best, safety factors are well and or high standards, goodbtraing imparted. Progressive improvement with best laid down standard operating procedures. Good hygiene, best & good food available Inblunch, good mutual respect... Overall employees centric... Best for family & professional life

Store keeper

Always safety is first thing be safe and sequence in the company work hard always be lesson to everyone do your work and don't lesson what other says.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with

• Tata Steel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?