Tata Steel

Tata Steel Employee Reviews

India482 reviews

A Corporate Job you should aim for

TSL gives you work life balance along with the pay benchmarked with industry.You are trusted upon the responsibility at earlier stages and ideas from young generations are welcomed.There may be instances wherein you may find non-management is reluctant for the change but you will learn how to manage them.It surely enhances your professional career.As they say, we also make tomorrow.

Pros

Sound Management, Visible Career Path, Almost free lunch, medical coverage, on boarding assistance.

Cons

Nothing.

Project and Engineering

It is a in house Project and Engineering division serving the in house need of Tata Steel at Jamshedpur and KPO. This has improved work culture and knowledge of engineers in Project and Engineering division.

Tata Steel insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good, but depend on which type of contract company you are working under

Always try to look for a good contract company.Some company offer good working environment.If you permanent employee there at tatasteel than you will really enjoy.But not sure about contract company at tatasteel.

Very good experience and comfortable.

The work culture of Tata Steel is very genuine all employees feel very relax and never feel workload, TSL takes care of all its employees like a family, services like medical, Life Insurance, paid leave, discounts, and canteen develops respect for the organization. I worked in this organization as an intern and then as an employee I got the chance to learn the world's best manufacturing system, I feel very proud that I worked for TSL.

Best group

Not a stressfull work free mind & systematic work. Not hard work use advanced technology.job is lovingly many more studied with group. In features best achievement.

Productive and fun work place

It is the best learning plateform for a freshers and to helpfully of every employee.In this company I'm also other knowlage learning. I like company

Working as an intern at TATA steel was a good experience. I got to know a lot about the working culture,it's quite satisfying.

TATA Steel is a well known organization. It focus on providing good quality steel products to it's clints and well known for CSR. I had a great experience.

Switch gear and protection

A great experience in tata steel . I learn all electrical equipment testing in there. Our team is best team in there , we working in all site like SMS, HSM, DG PLANT , BF , BATTERY AREA like all.

Pros

Free lunch

Productive and fun work place

Huge difference in opr and non opr

Huge difference in salary and facility for opr and non opr employees You may feel difference and get disappointed this will affect work culture and very slow growth in non opr as compared to opr employees

Good

It was ok. There is shift wise schedule. 8 hours a Shift but someday I had to stay for another shift if someone not able to attend his shift .There was good work culture . Everyone is supportive towards newcomer and helpful too.

Highly productive and many more to know.

One of the best corporate sector one can grow as much as he or she can. Salary is almost according to the job assigned area. Accommodation is provided in a good and sanitated environment. Work place is also very friendly.

Pros

Canteens are available at subsidised system

Cons

No much more time is reqd. after 8 hrs.

old work culture

Offers tremendous job security. But has too many employee so a few employees are not much loaded with work. As a result work responsibility lies with only a few members.This makes others demotivated to work..

Working at tata steel is now difficult for vendor employees.

I have learnd to manage the job and workers. Labour hard and focus on job. The hardest part of the job was to fullfill all requirements at same time.

Job Security

Tata is known for job security where people do not worry much about loosing job. Challenges are give to everyone and best part is the support from senior managers.

Job experience

Work as mechanical maintainance at tata steel plant as a site supervisor at coak section of the plant ,i had 20 staff under me and i had very good experience to work in that plant.

Great

Very good , lot to learn , sap , knowledgeable persons , but bit bureaucratic in working. Various work opportunities and job rotation. Growth is slow

Good

It’s was great time to work their and got nice experience.the company is good .the people are supportive and kind to help if any problem all over its was nice to work their

My work

My work is support computer system user for any kind of issue in Desktop or laptop,internet or software issues. I best feel with user and solve issues. Good management with user.

Production

Very good company,I am having so much experience with this company,

Pros

Free accommodation

Cons

Good place to learn about market for a fresher

A good place to start a career but not recommended for constant self-development. The size of the organization gives the liberty to learn from cross-functional teams. Yet the differences in the level of management and the lower levels of operation makes it a difficult choice for career progression. The work-life balance is really good and teamwork has a huge impact on success. Overall it is a good place to work or start as a fresher but may not be a great career choice.

Pros

Most of the team is supportive and young

Cons

Too much gap between the senior management and the lower teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tata Steel with