Taxi Service

Taxi Service Employee Reviews

Fun

Enjoyed the work and meeting new people. Long hours. Loved driving. Most of the clients were good but had a few that were not. Would do it again..

Pros

Lots of sight seeing

intenso

es un trabajo extenso pero lleno de alegría de laborar para el publico

Pros

seguro

Cons

no descanso

It was fun working there

It was really fun driving taxi for black too and checkers cab . It’s very good company to start driving taxi with Staff is very nice and helping So consider for it

Security is very poor. Have to take situations in your own hands

Id prefer delivering items then people any-day of the week!! Id experienced a lot of uncomfortable situations cause people that just want to cause problems or just having a bad day etc. refusing to get out of vehicle. drunk individuals

Great job. You learn a lot about people

It is a job with a lot of responsibility. You learn from people, to talk with them, to help them and over time this work serves to develop the ability to work in a team, since by relating to a large number of people with different ideas and thoughts you know how to surf the wave.

fun place to work

great place to work superb staff. hardest part of job is when it is quiet but when its busy it great also good drivers aswell its a secure job management are great

i basicly was doing everything but driving.

I would answer phones in the early morning sometimes starting as early as 4 am and always as late as 1 am it was a non stop dispatching and navigation job along with counting the money and keeping a detailed log of every little thing including a receipt log. also I would deposit money into bank daily.

Pros

learned a valued trade

Cons

to needy of a job 24 hours a day almost

taxi driver

they just didn't have good cars no ac in the car I was driving so there fore I could comfortably transport citizens. Also when I asked the people to fix my car their was procrastination

Fast Paced need people skills

Fast Paced need people skills Was a great part time job. With experience in customer service with cruise ship terminal experience. With a side of tourism...

opinions

Get up early do your work as best as you can do and go home. always learn something new and remember in what order procedures are carried out. always follow orders and direction .the people you work with are your support so be respectful of any culture

Pros

fress lunch

stressfull job

I started working as a cab driver in 2011. In the beginning as a part time driver but after a few months I picked up full time. Business was god but with a lot of hours. A shift was 12 hours/day usually started at 5am to 5pm. Everybody knows how bad traffic can be in Chicago. So yes every cab driver where dealing with those bad hours in the morning commute. In the summer time with all the tourist in the city was interesting to find out where they come from and what is like in their country. But conversations where as long as their rides, no longer than 10/15 min, unless it was an airport fare which was a longer ride.

Pros

no need aproval for vacation time off or any other day off

Cons

no innsurance, no benefits, no payed sick days

Being a Taxi driver

I was working for my sisters taxi company I worked nights it was busy during the summer but recently so slow. I learned allot in customer service and in taking reservations My sister was my manager so I learned allot from her but ready to move on. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers when they didn't know where they were going. Loved that I could go back and forth to my house to see my kids.

Pros

Make lots of money when busy

Cons

Make no money barely when slow season =( unless you put in allot of hours

Uber is taking over

Driving a taxi cab in the day and age of Uber and Lyft is down right ludicrous! As if it weren't enough competition already, you're under cut by the new driving companies.

Pros

Work for yourself

Cons

Long hours in order to make any money

muy bueno

es un ambiente muy sano pese a lo que significa para una mujer trabajar en un mundo de hombres,aprendí a valorar mucho a todas las personas sin importar de donde vengan,a conocer repuestos de carros de lo cual no tenia ni idea,me gusto trabajar con gente tan humilde y pues nada lo mas difícil fue al principio conocer todas las placas de los vehículos.

Pros

ganaba comisiones diarias

Cons

no tenia seguro medico

Wirklich eine spassige Abeit

Das arbeiten hat sehr viel Spaß gemacht man hat immer neue Leute kennen gelernt und es war sehr abwechslungsreich

Fun Staff with easy going chats.

Dealing with all aspects of society, learning new locations in Pennsylvania as well as New Jersey, Having a boss that was willing to work with you and be flexible with schedules and time off needed,assorted workers with different temporments and personalities.Language barrier was a constant problem with people whose first language was not English.The bar hoppers were always fun to chat with you never new what they were going to say or how they were going to act.

Cons

Part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taxi Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Taxi Service
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?