Textbroker

United States106 reviews

Clear
2.4Pay & Benefits

writerarticlewritingauthorfreelancecontentwritetopic

Good place when work is available

Decent place to work. Pay is lower than it should be and there often isn't much work to go around, but there's a lot of freedom to be found working for them.

Good Place for Editors

If you’re an editor or a freelance writer, Textbroker is a good place to work. Freelancers can work when they want, and there’s a steady flow of work coming in.The big downside for internal employees is that the pay is poor compared to many other companies and industries.

Pros

Company-paid lunches every Wednesday, can work from home a couple of days a week

Cons

Poor compensation, lack of advancement opportunities

A toxic work environment ran by millennials who only want to manage to delegate and not to lead.

It is a toxic work environment where advancement is dependent on blissful ignorance and fake friendships. The job is salary, yet they account for your time as if you are hourly. You only get paid twice a month as if you are in the military. At least once a week, employees have to listen to management openly discuss their romantic lives.

Pros

Getting to leave early if management wants to tend to personal business

Cons

You are not allowed to flex your time if you work overtime.

Low pay, no work available.

Most of the high paying articles ask way too much of you and the articles that pay meh at best pay poorly so it’s hard to this platform for full time work.

High Expectations, Extremely Low Pay

I suppose if I were to say anything good about Textbroker it would be that they pay on time and improved the quality of writing standards. Unfortunately, they don't pay writers what they are worth and often it's a lot of work for very little pay. Some of their clients have a laundry list of instructions that include indepth research with a 24-hour turnaround yet Textbroker only pays the highest tiered writers approximately still paying two cents per word which is ridiculous. My last job was $.08 per word which with my decades of writing is still low but being away for a couple of years and seeing that the most they will pay me is 1 1/2 cents per word is gross. Paying writers this low is an indication of how much they are valued.

Overall great laid back environment

Great company. Be your own boss. Decent pay. Pick your schedule. No dicey management. 1099 required but worth it. You’ll never worry about being fired it hard to do so.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Client reviews

Too demanding for nothing

The work is too demanding for the Price. Customers give you zero informations for writting 700 words on hard subjects. They expecting copywriting and high quality...

Very low compensation and less and less assignments to choose from.

I have written for Textbroker for years, pay always low. Used to always be assignments, very little now. The compensation for each article no matter your rating is not enough to support yourself, much less your family. This is definitely a side gig for a little extra income. Unfortunately as of today, and has been getting worse and worse for the past months, there are fewer and fewer assignments available for any rating. I check every single day as I have been a long term author with Textbroker. If you have a need to call or e-mail, the staff is very kind and always helpful. It is my hope more assignments are available soon as there was a time Textbroker was always full of work.

Good for side money

Decent ancillary work, but buyer beware...its a content mill. Seems like work has diminished on site significantly due to low writer pay and bad customer relations. I'm not happy its happening, but hopefully it's a wake-up call!

Pros

Work on your schedule

Cons

Pay is low

Great if you need extra cash.

Textbroker is great if you need a side gig for extra money. Definitely would not recommend it, however, if you're looking for a full-time writing gig.

Pros

Flexibility with scheudle, work at your own pace

Cons

Low wage, picky clients

Hours of work per article with low pay.

Paid per word at a very low rate. However, the topics were fun to research. You can choose the length of each assignment and there are many to choose fr

Pros

Home-based

Cons

Very, very low pay.

Flexibility, good clients, but lower pay

There is much flexibility, since a writer can make his/ her own schedule. Pay is so low, even as a 4 star out of 5 star writer, that making more than $8 per hour can be very difficult. Most of the clients I write for are great. I only had trouble with one out of many, and Textbroker defended me and made the client pay me for my article.

Pros

Flexibility, Improving Skills, Customer Care, Lots of Job Availability

Cons

Lower Pay, Can usually only select one job at a time.

Low, low, low pay

The pay is ridiculously low. You will also get bumped up to a higher earning level, then they will look for one reason to knock you right back down. Just when you are making decent money for your writing, they will find an error in your writing, send you an email about the error, and knock you write back down to ONE PENNY per word. The ability to make good money is critically low and then if you try to write more, because you are simply trying to make $100 a week, after you submit a job, you will go looking for more jobs and then there are ZEROES in every writing category. As soon as they realize you are trying to make decent money, which means doing lots of writing jobs, every day, then they will cut you off. It is kinda awful, really. You cannot count on it, and you cannot trust them.

Pros

flexibile freelance

Cons

money, no opportunities for advance whatsoever

Interesting work

It's a very good starting point. Many of the reviews here second that impression of working for this company. I would definitely have loved to continue but it is not sustainable in terms of pay.

Pros

flexibility and experience

Cons

pay

OK place to start

Okay place to start but not to stay there. Would not recommend for trying to make a living but maybe for some extra income. You will likely not write full time for them.

Don't recommend long term

It's convenient work due to how you can chose your hours but, honestly, unless you manage to get being a 5 star writer, the pay isn't great. You'll also lose a start if you make a mistake(such as not following AP style completely). It could be different now since it's been a few years but that's how it was during the brief time I wrote for them.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

low pay, low stability

Challenging

For any success on this platform, you need to spend a significant amount of time writing and following the directions of editors. I am working towards making a part-time income with this site.

Pros

Fully Remote

Cons

Pay

Good for a content mill

Textbroker is a content mill. It is a good one compared to others out there. There are assignments posted throughout the day every day. The pay is low but that is true of all content mills.

It is a Gig Job

The selection for writing articles are vague, odd, and esoteric. This isn't a job where you can expect to earn good income, unless you a willing to churn out a lot of articles for a few bucks per article.

Textbroker

Textbroker is one of the lowest paying freelance writing companies online. They start by paying around .01 cents per word. A little over a year later, and I make almost .02 cents per word. They take commission from bonuses as well. The flexibility of the job is great, however, the pay is terrible.

A Day In The Life

I love this job, which is fully remote and offers some opportunity for advancement. The compensation can be really low at the 2-star and 3-star levels,,but increases significantly as you progress into the 4-star and 5-star levels. There are increasingly more opportunities to join higher-paying teams, to work on open orders that pay more and to accept proofreading and editorial tasks. There are also occasional bonuses available. This company is the only so-called content mill that I know of that actually has an employee appreciation and incentive program. You can also receive a weekly paycheck and your salary pretty much depends on how much you work and how fast you can complete assignments correctly without needing revisions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textbroker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Textbroker with