THE BANYAN

THE BANYAN Employee Reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement

Interesting work

The NGO is working on mental health of homeless women. It is also conducting educational programs for improvement of the community and regard of mental health in general.

It was fantastic

It was wonderful working with The BANYAN Working hours is also good They are very professional I learned so many things there The hardest part of this job was dealing peacefully with the kids

Worst Experience

Had a worst experience as an intern working under the Clinical Psychologist. Paid the fee for intern, but didn't get any exposure, kept on scolding instead of guiding properly.

Work

When I joined the organization was a very good experience for me but after few years it was really a pathetic experience for me. When few people joined the organization started the process of divide and rule. The atmosphere became unhealthy to work with.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Acceptable and friendly workplace

It had a good and friendly workplace despite the workload I could manage some time for myself and my studies. I had to work with deadlines hitting my head every week which adversely affected my quality of work. Otherwise it was cool to work with them.

It was really and productive

The Banyan has gave me lot of opportunity to learn about my professional field and it helps me to improve my personal growth. My work was related to people living with mental health issues,as a psychiatric Social worker i got chance to interact with people and other colleague who supported a lot.

A kind and hardworking team who's job role was to ensure the well being of homeless women in their city.

Rehabilitation, Therapy, Reunion with the families, Community outreach, The transit home, The helpline, Research and networking, followup program

• Case management – followed up on outpatients, and identified and reported on any decline in patient mental health. • Have supported and counsel clients with serious mental health issues in collaboration with health professionals and organizations. • Home visits – provide information, support and counsel to families and careers, and delivered career programs. • Undertook supportive counseling and therapeutic interventions and rehabilitating through paper making unit, block printing, screen printing, eco friendly bag-making and games. • Have been able to use my high level of knowledge and strong inter-agency relationship to ensure all clients have continued access to special services. • Collaborated with the police department and initiated mental health help line at Chennai by dialing 100 directing to the police control room. • Several reception orders were obtained through the magistrate and commissioners of police of Chennai and admit the mentally ill destitute in nursing home. • Rehabilitation of the affected through treatment, therapy and help them reunion with the families, to various states of India. • Community outreach program creating awareness on mental illness. • The lost are supported through the transit home and help in Job placement with the non technical sectors to earn their living. • Follow up program to look into the progress of the protected community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE BANYAN. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• THE BANYAN