The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited

The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited Employee Reviews

India81 reviews

Very friendly, neat and safe work place

I am very happy to work with this company Good management and employees Very good working atmosphere Very clean and safe work place and workshop Well equipped plants.

This is a Central Govenment Company

FACT is a central government company which is located in udyogamandal cochin having relaxed work surrounding with friendly coworkers. The are is a industrial locality.

Relaxed and collaborative work place

The work place activities are less. But everything is systematic. Only people with duties has to involve. Very nice to work . It is a very large company in India. And one of the largest PSU in India

Good and satisfactory

Good and satisfactory. However learned how to supervise a work. Learned about all most all mechanical equipments , working and major maintenances and safety rules to be followed.

Pros

Gained lot of core subject knowledge

Cons

Not a spoon feed system have to seek and find

A good company

A good working environment. Contains a lot of large equipments. Stress free environment. The hard st part about the job is that the distance between each plant is huge. Also the canteen is remotely located

Productive and fun workplace

I had a good experience there while I was doing the project work.We designed Pressure drop for different size of packing materials.A safe and comfortable working environment is an essential part of efficient production. Operating and maintenance personnel should give careful consideration for safe practices.

Good

Is other place . Other things .need a new life new place

Pros

Meal

Cons

Chemical reaction

Learn through experience

each day is an opportunity to correct the ideas. Managing Juniors with behavioural dynamics.Appearing in the meetings punctually.Completing the work on time bound basis.Discussing the issues with fellow crews up to brain storming.

Chemistry

Good working experience and helps for team work to achieve goals. The intensity of experience found more functioning with the firm and added more knowledge acquisition.

I learned about various complex machines

Through this internship I got hand on experience about various manufacturing processes. Also, I understood tge value of team work for the successful running of an organisation.

Nice environment, clean and neat work culture and effective management.

* Nice environment, clean and neat work culture and effective management. * Fresh engineers have more scope to learn new things here. * Lot of mechanical equipment involved there. * well experienced persons are there, from which freshers learn lot. * More suitable for chemical and chemistry students. * very large central government Enterprise. * lot of harmful chemicals safely handling here. like ammonia, naptha, h2so4,

Good Employee friendly company

Good work Culture and provides ample opportunities for self development .Lot of freedom to express yourself and lot of fringe benefits.It was one of the most enjoyable part of my career

Pros

Good work culture, lot of freedom for self expression

Cons

Not manged professionally

free to work

good atmosphere, learned heavy equipment vehicle patch work, good management, supportive colleagues,enjoyable job, i worked as heavy equipment vehicle panel beater

good organization

The organization is pioneer in the field of fertilisers. We get opportunity to work as per our knowledge but should be for the benefit of the organization. We get opportunity to interact with all level of people.

Productive but difficult work environment

Its a good place but hazardous environment with mostly chemicals and acids. The staff are aged but not very helpful to beginners. The only concerning issue according to me is the enviornment conditions

Not Productive

The company is good to keep job secure. but it is not productive, because it is one of the government sector. Salary and other benefits are giving by goverment.

Work with smile

A typical day starts with wishes and exchanges of sweet words,smile etc. Then going through the previous shift logs, taking any immediate actions if needed. Then the next process is going through the entire system to ensure stability and energy efficiency. After thorough check ups and necessary actions it is time for a tea break and friendly chats.Then a detailed visit through the entire plant area to see everything fine. Then few discussions regarding process and equipment and any abnormalities to be attended. Then it will be time for the lunch. Again monitoring the system etc goes on. At the end of duty carrying over the charge to the next supervisor and its time for the family. The hardest part is tackling emergencies and enjoyable part is when you tackle it.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Lethargy

public company with lot of career oppurtunities

work place culture was good lot of opportunities to grow with the organisation lot of toxic and chemicals involved in production as it effects the health of employees gradually

Pros

work place culture

Cons

excessive chemicals and toxic released in productivity which in turn effects the health of workers

Great learning experience

Being an Intern in Fertilizers and chemicals Travancore limited, I was able to learn and examine the overall working of a plant. Working of boilers, compressors, pressure valves, heat exchangers were closely studied as well.

That was basically a fabrication firm,which make transformer components. I used to work as the production supervisor there. It was a good experience there, I came across various fabrication operations like welding,cutting etc..

Fact

I have experience as an Accounting & Administrative Assistant in The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore (FACT) Ltd. Udyogamandal, Cochin, Kerala for more than six months. During my tenure with 'FACT', provided prompt, efficient and responsive service to our customers, so as to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, organizational profitability in an environment of high individual morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited with

Learn about The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited in popular locations

• The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?