U.S. Air Force

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 82 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,374 reviews

Great Career

The best job I’ve ever had, I would do it all over again. The best military service for work life balance. Also the best service for jobs that are marketable in the civilian world!

Serving our Great Nation and the Air Force team work.

The hardest part of the job was learning something new but the Air Force had great training programs. Most days were 8 hours and out and usually no weekends. There are periods of war but then everything could change. Most enjoyable part of the job is enjoy doing what you are doing and knowing its for your Country!

Its good but not able to grow without any support.

Have to come in office at 9 am and closing time is 8.30 Pm, how to adjust with customer in shop, management is not good, workplace is so good with security of guard, no more hardest in this job. My most enjoyable is nothing.

A career where the sky is the limit

In Medical services your obligation ranges from greeting patients at the front door to requesting Aerovac Units for injured in the battlefield. You have the opportunity to advance yourself from a Family Clinician to helping deliver care to patients in the ICU. I loved the job because you were always a part of a patient care team designed to help others, allowing you as a member impact someone's life in a positive way.

stressful and dangerous.

I spent over 25 years in the Air Force. Healthcare providers, particularly mid-level providers in Primary Care are treated as cheap labor. We are often deployed to the most dangerous locations unlike our physician counterparts.

Pros

Travel.

Cons

Travel.

As long as the work was done, everything was ok. I always got my work done, everything was ok.

Depending on your location also depends on the job you will be doing. Different locations depends on what job you'll do. Different programs you have to adopt to, different supervisory skills you'll have to imply, the different skills you have to imply to conform to that location, and to enjoy the customer service aspect of the situation.

Its the military. Embrace the suck.

Its the military. Embrace the suck. Its the military. No thinking is required. Just follow directions and do not get caught doing anything bad. Its not like the movies.

Air Force

No review necessary. The Air Force is not a job it's a lifestyle. There is no typical day at work. There are so many different career fields one person can't capture them all. The hardest part of the job is leaving your family for long periods of time.

Pros

training, camaraderie

Cons

War Deployment

Great opportunities for travel

Was able to earn many different awards and travel to several different countries. If I could do it all over again I would. My career field was as a 2w0.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Fast paced when at work

Indebted Servitude

Think long and hard before you enlist in the military. I personally had a great career but the bad always outweighed the good. This is service in every sense of the word. Do not be fooled.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Air Force?

Usaf

It's government work. Culture is dependent upon who the commander is, and it changes every 2 years. Good leaders are abound, but they don't always rise to the top where it is needed most.

Greatest thing I ever did

I joined as a punk and didn't know how to do anything. it educated me and trained me to be who i am today. The pay sucked and the time away from hoome i will never get bsack

Pros

the adventure

Cons

bad pay

Rewarding Career

Serving in the armed forces provided excellent training along with outstanding benefits. The possibilities for travel were unlimited. The only con was unpredictable work hours.

Air Force in general

I would come in around 8am and we would have a stand up meeting. After that we were sent off to our jobs. I learned that they are big on volunteering outside the Air Force. Management always kept us in the know and what was going on within the Squadron and the forecast on what was coming. The culture is amazing and is a very fun environment. The hardest part of the job was being away from family months on end. The most enjoyable part was traveling and seeing new places.

Pros

lots of travel opportunities and room for advancement when the time comes.

Cons

I delployed a lot so for me it was hard on my family always being gone

Best of times and worst of times in 14 yrs

The military isn't for everyone but it allowed me to learn new things, see the world and be able to become adverse in being able to communicate with everyone equally. It also allowed me to become friends with those that most who have never traveled allowed me to become friends with and play sports that I enjoyed on my off time.

Pros

it can allow you to go anywhere

Cons

not always able to be around family when family time is most required

Greatest fighting force in the world

I enjoyed my time spent serving my country and hope to use skills I've picked up along to the way as I transition to the civilian sector. A team environment that all does their part in an effort to complete the mission on a daily basis.

Pros

Benefits, paid time off

Cons

Deployments away from family, long hours

Computer Instructor

Giving the advance technology skills to students in easy way learning methods. The students were happy by learning new advance technology skills in my class

productive and good learning place

excellent work place good to work .nice work and personal life balance.lot of holidays. I was working in Bangalore Jalahalli station.Lot of option given to learn and develop .training programme are developed for candidates on monthly basis.

Pros

free lunch

This is a good life

If you need direction and purpose, and want to see (the worst and best) the world.... this is for you. The medical, and retirement after twenty years if above anything on the civilian side.

Pros

family life

Cons

not many

The Best of the US Armed Forces

I was able to travel around the world and see things that most can only dream about. I learned a lot and my leaders prepared me to be a leader. Highly recommend this for men and women looking to broaden their horizon.

Pros

Traveled The World

United States Air Force

The Air Force was the best decision I have ever made. It was an overall very positive experience. It afforded me the luxury of wonderful people, travel around the world and an excellent job culture.

Pros

Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4