UNICEF

UNICEF Job Security & Advancement reviews

Great place to work . The organization promotes equity, work life balance and personal development opportunity. Scope for professional growth is limited. Pay and other benefits are excellent.
It based on rural development programme which is conducted by unicef and yashada. It was superb experience. I loved it and I really like to do social work. Thank you!
I am happy, I want to work in an organization where I can make the best utilization of my skills and make worthy contributions to industry & society.
i am working in a wash project of world vision india which is supported by UNICEF.Workplace culture at world vision india is excellent.I have learnt how to be a good communicator.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Working with UNICEF was a challege and adventurous. As a social worker i could apply my skills and knowlegde during my intervention with the children and children who are in conflict with the law .
The Work is interesting but the organisation does not give any job security or upward mobility. The seniors possess much more powers and discretion, participation of sub ordinates in their job enhancement or job security is minimal. More focus is on project completion and report writing.
Except job guarantee all are good. The post is completely depend on other department requirement. The continuation of post is not even not in the knowledge of management.
good coaching and ample of traning avaliable good working environment alot of help from seniors and managment team the commission pay out is good as well as the structure.
Pros
motivating team
Cons
slow career advancement
You can put your thoughts into action in UNICEF. you will get absolute freedom in your work. UNICEF is a great platform for freshers and experienced to implement any new idea and to gain knowledge in their domain.
It has a high learning curve and requires one to boldly go into the field and interact with locals giving them the satisfaction of working for a cause.
Pros
proactive
Cons
Restricted to the government compliances, too much politics, people don't really have a sense of humor here
Its very nice and good. Very friendly environment to work with. Very Challenging jobs. Doing great job in the field for protecting mothers and their children.
gained a lot of experience about work ethics and what it is to be around people and deal with them. looking forward to join them again some other time.
It was an outsourced position and thus job security was a major concern. Though the position offers a great field learning opportunity, but opportunities for professional growth were few.
Pros
Good position for entry level
Cons
Less perks and career opportunities
i think that if I work for unicef, it will beneficial for me to enhance my carrier and skills towards my goal. I would be happy if I work as a intern, and then get a job as well in the same.
It was a good experience where I have worked before. I have improved my communication skills through that firm. And later I worked in a school where I have improved my teaching skills and that's a great place to learn and it wil help me in the future to go to their level and understand.
An excellent UN Base Agency organization , wonderful environment to work under belt of UNICEF , first day was my hardest day to be there as new job in unicef
Pros
Wonder full team
Cons
no sustainability
Its good place to work, management is good. I learn many things here about rights base approach, working with community, SBCC ODEP etc.
Pros
reward is good
Cons
job security
Immense challenges being handled though lots of hands in learning opportunities availed. Balance between work and personal life is getting affected. Amenities and professional fees is not satisfactory as compared to work responsibility and pressure.
Pros
Close coordination with high level govt. official through advocacy
Cons
Sometimes priorities of government is pressing
It was a learning experience for me. i learned how the project has been done. how data has been collected. what are the government norms for the project approval.
Pros
great learning exposure
Cons
hectic schedule
Enjoyed working there, Coworkers highly professional and expert in their own fields. Management were very supportive and caring.Remuneration and perks for that time was very good .Post was professionally demanding and challenging but enjoyed the tenure thoroughly.
A very reputed and high valued organization. Having very differential approach with consultant and employee. It provides good opportunities to new employees to learn and more focus on presentation.
Pros
Strict rule and guidline
Cons
Contractual employment
  1. Job Security & Advancement